Re: Tour de France 2009

forgive my ignorance but who is kenny?

keep hackney crap

the ex- "Lanterne Rouge", last in the ranking, this year a very sympathic dutch, in the smallest team invited this year on the tour (dutch also)

byron wrote:

forgive my ignorance but who is kenny?

the guy who was at the tete-de-la-derriere-de-la-course all the time!
KOPGROEP van hummel!

was kool to see the schlecks have their win yesterday!
who will best the fastest today?!?!? no time here to watch today unfortunately ...

touch your fear, dont be afraid!

ah i see, poor kenny.
an irishman called paul kimmage 'won' the lanterne rouge in the early 90's
he nearly killed himself in the process

as for today i reckon lance is gonna win. with either contador or wiggins second.

keep hackney crap

very exciting stage. cavendish was on fire again

keep hackney crap

ooh, shit hot so he was. freire totally blew it, what was he doing going over the roundabout? tomorrow should be mammoth...

anyone know a good website to watch todays etappe on-line? (12 hour shift at the office today..)

thanks

oh yeah, alberto's gonna increase his lead a bit today I think

http://www.fromsport.com/

with a strong face wind, this stage might be a little disapointing: attacking will become really difficult on the last 6 km of the Ventoux. So Schleck brothers will have to start early in the forest...

Agence Internationale wrote:

http://www.fromsport.com/

with a strong face wind, this stage might be a little disapointing: attacking will become really difficult on the last 6 km of the Ventoux. So Schleck brothers will have to start early in the forest...

cheers for the tip, but fromsport doesn't seem to support Apple/Mac. Only works for Windows apparently...

"La montagne a accouch

who won?

Garate

Wiggins held on by 3 seconds, wasn't sure if he could over those last couple of km, what a race for him this year.
It looked to me as though Andy Schleck was strong, enough to unhinge wiggins at times, but Contador was stuck to him like glue, a phenomenal rider.
Armstrong has proved to be a great catalyst in this years tour too, with astana captain politics causing drama, and constantly proving he was a forced to be reckoned with. Though I'm glad he didn't win and we have a new great rider, I'm also glad he didn't decide to stay at home tongue

wow, what a tour. initially i thought it was boring mainly due cavendish's dominance. in the end though 6 stages for the manx missile was awesome. the final week was fantastic, seeing armstrong get dropped and then fight his way back into contention. bradley wiggins in the mountains, unbelievable, schleks and contador dueling on the toughest climbs. watching the ventoux stage, it looks like some martians dropped this monolith in the middle of provence.
vive le velo!

keep hackney crap

i'd love to be as enthousiastic as you Byron, but this tour was pretty dissapointing imo...

hey agence cheer up! smile
next year there will be another tour wink
... and at least there were a couple of french riders this year who had some succes, ain't it?!?

personally i think this parcours could have used some MORE HC mountains in the final stages
as far as i noticed i saw only two HC this year, right?!?

HC pass ? there were 4 (Andorra-Arcalis, Tourmalet, Grand st Bernard, Mt Ventoux).
Bigger problem was that a lot of stage were not realy well designed, regarding now the "modern" cycling, with too much strategy and very few panache. And when the stage was well designed, like Ventoux one, well, strategy took over (Contador should have attacked, despite Bruyneel orders)
Maybe i'm a little too harsh, but cycling is getting less and less interesting with time passing (for exemple, look at Classics such as Milan San Remo or La Fleche Wallone, exact same scenario every year).
But I won't wait for the next tour to watch cycling ! Next big events are Grand Prix de Plouay, Vuelta, World Championship, and the october Classics season !
Vive le v

next year start in rotterdam   yeah

ah yeah 4 HC they need better parcours indeed
i'm looking forward to paris-roubaix and liege-bastogne-liege i like those!

the tour in rotterdam; bad idea i think!
there's not even good pain et du vin here, the city don't deserve it! anyway ...