Re: I'm soooo Happy "Novamen - LIES is finally released on Vinyl"

ratsnake wrote:

i know one has to eat but I expect the mastering engineer to turn back a bad recording and request a better version.

I think you're right in expecting that.
And stuff like that also happens.

I don't know about that frustrated funk record Jay is talking about,
but we never got a request for a better recording.

or didi we Jay, but just didn't want to do it ?  lol
..no i don't remember a request for a better recording.

252 (edited by jayoverdose 2009-01-18 21:17:22)

so alden for the frustrated funk and i think it was freak electric who mastered lies didnt take out the frequency that was untransferable, but maybe it would mean that there was no snare left if freak would have taken that out.

i think there is also always final mastering at the plant, i can't tell you really what went wrong where but the pling is there, true.

i dont remember ever getting a request for a better sounding version of an already perfect sounding song hehehe.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

yep the pling is there .
Just have to think of it as an extra dimension to the snareclapnoise thing.
You don't get them much more dirty wink

jayoverdose wrote:

are you fucking with me or you didnt get that it didnt change because of mastering but pressing?
anyway what i meant to say was alden send it out hissy like the producer got it to him and when it came from the plant it was plingy.
producer hissy, mastering hissy, record plingy

Not fucking with you just asking an obvious question. Also no disrespect to Alden because many of his record sound super nice. But imo when you master you should know that some frequency dont work well on the medium you master for and can cause unwanted effects. In this case a pling (that could be prevented). Ofcourse its hard to find out because I assume Alden doesnt listen to his mastered tracks on a single produced vinyl before the whole bunch is getting pressed. In the end I think its also a matter of 'non-customerservice' from the pressing plant that didnt warn you during the process. I mean they must do some frequency analyzing before production starts and see that the record is not mastered properly.
Bottomline = Mastering engineers should know how to prevent unwanted effects.

BTW: I dont mind the pling at all. It like theres just an extra sound there. I even didnt noticed.

...just read its Freak Elextrque who mastered Lies but that doesnt change my opinion as it is just meant in for people mastering in general.

255 (edited by jayoverdose 2009-01-18 22:07:25)

concerning the fucking with i was referring to ratsnake but you already got a new post in before me.

<-
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p222/the_x-phile/ObviousTroll.jpg

i like the record the way it is   it sounds good and dirty! it's all part of the deal! fuck it let it rock!

258 (edited by C-34 2009-01-20 15:50:36)

Well, Alden did a great work on MR012.

L'omini delle macchinette

Wow, I didn't expect to kick off such a big discussion. At least I'm tranquilized, that I'm not the only one who hears the "pling".

In my opinion the hiss sound of "Lies" have ever been a bit too much. A matter of taste, ok... Like the fact, if the "pling" on the vinyl gets on your nerves or not.
During the waiting time until the vinyl was released, I was nearly about to post the plea or at least make the offer, to reduce this hiss sounds a bit in course of the mastering.
Don't missunderstand me. I like it, and it's one of the things that make "Lies" so special. But I could imagine, that on a big sound system in a club, the hiss would tear my ears. wink

Anyway. If there'll be a second pressing of "Lies", somewhere in future, I hope you could solve the hiss-pling-problem. wink
"Lies V2.0" or something... wink

jayoverdose wrote:

i dont mind though, bender i can send you the wav without the pling if you like if it's of any use.

Yes please!! smile It would have use for me. wink Much appreciated!!

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

can i get the wav too tongue ?

261 (edited by neferos 2009-03-21 07:57:59)

oh bias is back, with springtime

bias wrote:

can i get the wav too tongue ?

yes, coming up.

Just bought the wav yesterday.  Dropped it on Atlanta (college) radio this morning.  Actually had someone call in asking about it (a hot chick by the sounds of it  cool ).  Keep in mind that I was on from 6-8 am in the morning and only got 2 calls in total!  Hopefully you guys are going to have some new fans big_smile