Topic: Best clubs worldwide

It would be nice to know what people consider the best clubs worldwide and why.

For me Berghain and then especially Panoramabar in Berlin is the best club worldwide due to the crazy crowed, good music and no fixed closingtimes. There are no rules except for taking no pictures for privacy reasons.

Re: Best clubs worldwide

some of my favourites:

club 69 - paisley - dark, dirty and the best one man bartender, drinks collector bsy body ive ever seen.
sub club - glasgow - really good sound, if a little hot and cold cans of red stripe available.
plastic people - london - good sound, dark as fuck, small and packed.
corsica studios - london - amasing funktion 1 sound and an amazin space. bouncers are pretty relaxed aswell

ill try and add more if and when I think about them.

Re: Best clubs worldwide

meschi wrote:

some of my favourites:

club 69 - paisley - dark, dirty and the best one man bartender, drinks collector bsy body ive ever seen.
sub club - glasgow - really good sound, if a little hot and cold cans of red stripe available.
plastic people - london - good sound, dark as fuck, small and packed.
corsica studios - london - amasing funktion 1 sound and an amazin space. bouncers are pretty relaxed aswell

ill try and add more if and when I think about them.

Definately one of the best in the UK, maybe even the world wink Every time I' ve been its been amazing, no glitz & glamour, a bit like a spit & sawdust boozer. The one speaker stack covered in camo netting and the decks also obscured by the netting, one bar & one bar steward. The finest curryhouse above it also. Perfection. Oh, and the music, and its the deejays who play are always the finest most dedicated bunch of vinyl purveyors this side of the equautor and, its run by the finest chaps in Glasgow.

Last edited by Vic20 (2008-07-16 14:06:49)

Re: Best clubs worldwide

Vic20 wrote:

Definately one of the best in the UK, maybe even the world wink Every time I' ve been its been amazing, no glitz & glamour, a bit like a spit & sawdust boozer. The one speaker stack covered in camo netting and the decks also obscured by the netting, one bar & one bar steward. The finest curryhouse above it also. Perfection. Oh, and the music, and its the deejays who play are always the finest most dedicated bunch of vinyl purveyors this side of the equautor and, its run by the finest chaps in Glasgow.

every word, FACT!

Re: Best clubs worldwide

Yeah, the club holds a special place in my heart. It's changed days now, Abdul is gone and it's run by Techno Mum. I believe Martin RAD still plays every month, but it's a very different beast than the one you experienced.

Re: Best clubs worldwide

Yep, we' ve had some good time in there, you more so Jamie but the times I' ve been, mostly with you smile I' always had a fine time. Musically and mates wise *man hug*.

In what way is it different ? RAD still doing nights down there ?

Re: Best clubs worldwide

Yeah, there has certainly been a few special nights over the years, and of course when you were up for Nurture and of course that Passarani night - which was the business. There was always plenty of characters to accompany the music smile

It's just a lot of younger promoters - mainly from Paisley - coming through and doing their thing. It's probably nice and busy but just a different generation of peeps than the ones you would have rubbed shoulders with in the past. It's nice to know the place is still on the go and it's being cared for - it even has a 3am license now.

The people that run it are sound. My only involvement with them was when we did that Convextion night about two or so years ago. No problems or anything like that, so that was nice. It may even be that they are more organised lol!! Not been since!

69 still do their monthly night there. Not been for a long time sadly.

Last edited by Mr Basic (2008-07-16 14:23:13)

Re: Best clubs worldwide

meschi wrote:

some of my favourites:

club 69 - paisley - dark, dirty and the best one man bartender, drinks collector bsy body ive ever seen.
sub club - glasgow - really good sound, if a little hot and cold cans of red stripe available.
plastic people - london - good sound, dark as fuck, small and packed.
corsica studios - london - amasing funktion 1 sound and an amazin space. bouncers are pretty relaxed aswell

ill try and add more if and when I think about them.

on all counts agreed. woulda loved to catch more at plastic people; maybe once i'm back next year...shame i've not had the chance to be out & about in glasgow much over the last while, I-f @ ther subclub should be a minted reintroduction!

Re: Best clubs worldwide

meschi wrote:

club 69 - paisley - dark, dirty and the best one man bartender, drinks collector bsy body ive ever seen.

I remember going to a a few nights there run by a group of people, I can remember one was called Woody and another was called Zeus, but I can't remember the name of the night. This is about ten/twelve years ago mind.

And I went to see UR at Club 69 which was great

Re: Best clubs worldwide

r2dj wrote:
meschi wrote:

club 69 - paisley - dark, dirty and the best one man bartender, drinks collector bsy body ive ever seen.

I remember going to a a few nights there run by a group of people, I can remember one was called Woody and another was called Zeus, but I can't remember the name of the night. This is about ten/twelve years ago mind.

That would've Foresight probably. It was on a Friday night?? My ex-girlfriend was friends with them / stayed up that neck of the woods, so sometimes I'd be there on a Friday for that and then down again for 69 on the Saturday.

Re: Best clubs worldwide

I prefer to party in unorthodox locations, as long as the sound  system is good. This sort of thing is pretty popular in nyc these days. Semi-secret one-off locations and so on.

I went to an awesome party in a Chinese ping pong athletic association center a few months ago and it was really hilarious to see ping pong trophies and league charts and stuff all over the place. They had a nutty silver mannequin in ping pong attire in the corner. Unfortunately, the bass burst one of the pipes in the bathroom which I felt kind of bad about and it was raining inside for a little while. There was a sad sign out front on Sunday afternoon about ping pong being postponed sad

Re: Best clubs worldwide

Mr Basic wrote:
r2dj wrote:
meschi wrote:

club 69 - paisley - dark, dirty and the best one man bartender, drinks collector bsy body ive ever seen.

I remember going to a a few nights there run by a group of people, I can remember one was called Woody and another was called Zeus, but I can't remember the name of the night. This is about ten/twelve years ago mind.

That would've Foresight probably. It was on a Friday night?? My ex-girlfriend was friends with them / stayed up that neck of the woods, so sometimes I'd be there on a Friday for that and then down again for 69 on the Saturday.

That was it! Foresight!

A friend of mine (who lives in the Borders now) new them all so I would tag along every now and then.

What is that? Five degrees of separation brother robot? Who knows, we could have both been frugging to the same record all those years ago.

Re: Best clubs worldwide

Smartbar, Chicago. Sound is solid and whenever someone I really want to see visits town they usually end up booked there.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Re: Best clubs worldwide

r2dj wrote:

What is that? Five degrees of separation brother robot? Who knows, we could have both been frugging to the same record all those years ago.

Yeah, quite possibly. Glasgow / Paisley is never that big when decent music is involved.

Re: Best clubs worldwide

www.luxfragil.com @ Lisbon Portugal

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

Re: Best clubs worldwide

Kid_a wrote:

It would be nice to know what people consider the best clubs worldwide and why.

change your topic title "worldwide" by local because everybody is speaking about his own country, above all those brittons bots stuck in their tiny island big_smile

ho & btw, panorama & berghain suck BIGTIME cause they play worst hipster minimal shit ever, as usual in berlin, mecqua of electronic shit  !! (luckily there is das drehmoment etc cause otherwise we should burn that town big_smile)

Re: Best clubs worldwide

noctambulo wrote:

change your topic title "worldwide" by local because everybody is speaking about his own country, above all those brittons bots stuck in their tiny island big_smile

HAHA, im afraid there may be some buyest opinions happening here but out of all the clubs ive been to in other countries the ones up top would still be the best. I would put this down to the reasons above plus the chance of having not only all my friends in the same place but also being more comfortable knowing your place is just round the corner for the after party... these add to the reasoning smile

Last edited by meschi (2008-07-17 00:40:25)

Re: Best clubs worldwide

i was kidding wink

but still me/ prefers to experiment new places so lot of best "souvenirs" were in foreign countries, in unknown clubs to me before smile

but about electronics i couldn't point one or 2 clubs in particular but a country that always makes me think of electronic parties & mess wil lever be belgium !
those lads defintely know to rock the place

Re: Best clubs worldwide

'Liquid' in swindon..i imagine..one for the britbots

Deathcrush '99

Re: Best clubs worldwide

noctambulo wrote:

i was kidding wink

haha of course man smile

Ive always fancied belgium but never went. I think it will definently be on the cards for a quick destination later this year or maybe early next year.

noctambulo wrote:

those lads defintely know to rock the place

ive heard stories wink

21

Re: Best clubs worldwide

the line-up makes the club! smile

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

Re: Best clubs worldwide

the best bar ive been to is 'Farenet' in Verbier switzerland ..shits electric at 6pm

Last edited by IvyHeights (2008-07-17 01:12:53)

Deathcrush '99

Re: Best clubs worldwide

mmm don't 100% agree !

fantastic music with only nerdz or very little crowd can suck bigtime & spoil everything.

on the contrary , nice atmosphere, good friends & incredible chicks can make you have the purest blast dancing on shit music smile

edit : was answering to ian indeed

Last edited by noctambulo (2008-07-17 01:13:48)

Re: Best clubs worldwide

IvyHeights wrote:

the best bar ive been to is 'Farenet' in Verbier switzerland ..shits electric at 6pm

Farinet

Re: Best clubs worldwide

Ostgut Berghain - Berlin

clubbing to the extreme

make love to me with your lasergun