Topic: A true addict.....

A real story from the archive smile

Worlds biggest vinyl collection

To listen is to learn

Re: A true addict.....

I remember seeing this clip posted before on R4R.

"Are you loving?"

i don't think he was an addict

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:

i don't think he was an addict

Perhaps not  a music addict, but a vinyl addict ?
I dont know... Difficult to clarify what to call a guy with his approach.. and 2.5 million vinyl records, but fascinating.

To listen is to learn

man this is breaking my heart

follow the leader  .......

ancestors from another galaxy

OMG...

He has a vinyl record from 1881......
and of course soooo many others..

But he seems to be insane.

Those were the days...

I'm gonna start buying lottery tickets...

I can identify with him, breaks my heart to know what he's going through

mangalore wrote:

I'm gonna start buying lottery tickets...

No need too....it sold last year

How in the world can there be no rich person to buy that collection and make a museum?
There's plenty of former rockstar multimillionaires or moviestars that care enough about music to buy this for 3million?
What a shame!

it sold last year

MenschMaschine wrote:

it sold last year

nice, who bought it?

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:
MenschMaschine wrote:

it sold last year

nice, who bought it?

michael jackson?

Its on its way to Flagio

^^ lol

"Are you loving?"

you'd think some rich shmo would buy it, just on spec to see what kind of return they could get. i imagine that this is exactly what happened. For shame. I wonder if there was any electronic shizzle amongst that lot. Probably some Kraftwork at least.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would WANT to buy it.  It's one thing if you're talking about a couple thousand records - you could realistically go through them yourself.  But 3 MILLION records??  Come on.  You'd need to hire an army of people to handle moving it, cataloging it, etc.  You'd have to be independently wealthy, since your sole lot in life would then be going through the damn things.  And I doubt someone with that much money would want to deal with it - I sure wouldn't.  I can think of much better things to spend $3 million on.

Unless you'd just leave the records where they are and maybe visit now and then... then I guess it makes sense for $3 million... roll

waxHead wrote:

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would WANT to buy it.  It's one thing if you're talking about a couple thousand records - you could realistically go through them yourself.  But 3 MILLION records??  Come on.  You'd need to hire an army of people to handle moving it, cataloging it, etc.  You'd have to be independently wealthy, since your sole lot in life would then be going through the damn things.  And I doubt someone with that much money would want to deal with it - I sure wouldn't.  I can think of much better things to spend $3 million on.

Unless you'd just leave the records where they are and maybe visit now and then... then I guess it makes sense for $3 million... roll

yeah and to be honest i'd be willing to bet that the majority of music in the collection is shite smile

If I had enough money I would buy it.
Start a non-profit organization and start a museum, then catogorize with help of voluntueers.

if i'd have the money i'd buy it, and sell it. except for the goodies, those i'd keep for myself.
i don't see the use in keeping this together, just let people buy it and enjoy it.

Keepin the goodies and keepin it for yourself isnt letting people enjoy it wink
Musuem with all recordings available for listening is best imo.

I did a uni subject where we categorised all sorts of weird govt films from the 50's through to now, id imagine youd find people willing to go through it all. But a lot of it would be absolute crap.

All you need for the museum idea is $3 million and a few thousand (VERY honest) individuals. 

I'd rather have a house on the ocean than 3 million records - no contest for me.