Re: Report bad sellers on internet.

That probably doesn't count if you've paid with creditcard via paypal, does it? I'm trying to get my money back from paypal now, don't know if that's gonna work. He's not rid of me one way or another.
To be honoust I never had a lot of problems buying records online and the few times there was something wrong I could always work it out with the seller.

Slicker than a harpooned hippo on a banana tree.

102 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2009-03-10 15:41:18)

my guess it's down to a CC chargeback from paypal (what you are reffering to is basically just paypal charging your credit card instead of the seller) which they are not going to like. expect resistance.

be persistent, don't give in.

103 (edited by waxHead 2009-03-10 15:45:03)

slick chick wrote:

That probably doesn't count if you've paid with creditcard via paypal, does it? I'm trying to get my money back from paypal now, don't know if that's gonna work. He's not rid of me one way or another.
To be honoust I never had a lot of problems buying records online and the few times there was something wrong I could always work it out with the seller.

Actually that does work.  If you paid using a credit card through Paypal and you file a chargeback with your credit card company, Paypal will lose the funds and immediately go after the seller.  You basically screw the seller's Paypal account until Paypal gets their funds back.  Unfortunately I've had to do this a few times due to jackass sellers on both eBay and Discogs.

EDIT:

ALWAYS try to work it out through Paypal first, and if you can, try calling Paypal customer service.  The Paypal employees won't say it directly, but I've had them agree that the only way I could go forward with getting my payment was to file a chargeback with my credit card company.

Also, if you don't provide as much info as possible, you could end up getting screwed in the end.  Make sure to add as many details about why you're doing it, since you don't want Paypal coming after you.

Thanks waxHead, very useful.

Slicker than a harpooned hippo on a banana tree.

slick chick wrote:

Thanks waxHead, very useful.

No problem at all, I hope it works out for you!

106 (edited by Javenger_Dourado 2009-03-10 21:35:01)

wrong topic
big_smile

Josefstylin on discogs.

Never replied till now, and I said that after a year I didnt want it anymore.
Now the man sends Me an invoice even tough I said that waiting a year before an answer is a no-deal.

I already have the damn record from a good seller.

hitopadidas@hotmail.com

What an incredible Ass this guy is

Goes by the name Azad..

zip wrote:
kuczera wrote:
zip wrote:

avoid "dancerecords-net" @ discogs

BUY FROM THIS GUY AND LOSE YOUR MONEY !!! Had to open a paypal dispute to get my money back for a never received package. Seller hardly communicated, let alone cooperated. Paypal decided I was right, but account was already emptied so money is gone sad

always found that seller suspicious

yes, he didn't have a high percentage of bad feedback, but with that amount of orders it's actually a lot of orders that went wrong! looks like he just can't handle it and starts hiding whenever something goes wrong, what a loser

Even when you look at his positive feedback you can see that there are often problems.

"A Real Music Hater"

110 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2009-05-27 16:30:53)

PHAEAX wrote:
captain duran wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Anyone knows REMEMBER_OF_PAST ?

A friend a mine has payed for one of his record$$$ but hasnt received anything after waiting a long while now...and things have become very quiet since then.... Anyone here who has experience with this seller or knows ways (other than mail) to contact him?

Your help is much appreciated!

this guy is usually very friendly (crazy collector). I know him already before I had internet but I lost contact since a while. He is on myspace with the same name and he is from France. His name is Herve Hue.
his myspace site

About this threat:

I believe I was a little way too paranoid.
After a Long wait I received the record In great shape very well packed and also a free gift (another rare 12").
This guy 'Herve' from REMEMBER OF THE PAST is FOR Sure a very reliable and trustwordy person.
I owe him a mighty huge big appology.

Yes, I agree with capt. Duran He's a very friendly guy and like all of us a crazy collector.

Respect to Herve Hue.

Kind regards,

PHAEAX

No, no, no. He is a crazy collector and a very good dj, I know him, I work for the same radiostation so I`ve met him a thousand of times and even then he ripped me off, I asked him a billion times when he would finally send or give me my record (after 7 months of waiting)but he never did and when I said I wanted my money back he got angry and started threatening. Typical North-French mentality, sorry that I have to say this but EVERY time I got ripped off it was with people from the north of France, a shame.

"A Real Music Hater"

What should I do in this situation...?

I paid a *lot* for a record off discogs, the seller seems honest enough (but bad communication), but still not arrived after 3 weeks.
I'm getting worried/paranoid hmm

Should I just be patient or open up a Paypal dispute?

I'd say be patient .. It takes sometimes much more time .. But it gets on the nerves indeed wink
Fortunately there are not only bad ppl/sellers around..
Hope for u it will come soon !
Same wait here.. Grrrr

aratkiLo wrote:

Fortunately there are not only bad ppl/sellers around..

This is true, only a few times I've been ripped off.
As a seller I hope that customers will be patient if stuff gets delayed in the mail, so I guess I should act the same.

It's more the bad communication that worries me, no confirmation of receiving payment or shipping the record hmmm

hysteric wrote:

What should I do in this situation...?

I paid a *lot* for a record off discogs, the seller seems honest enough (but bad communication), but still not arrived after 3 weeks.
I'm getting worried/paranoid hmm

Should I just be patient or open up a Paypal dispute?

i waited a whole month to get a record from the uk, could be slow or lazy mail

Vlam Aan

@ Hysteric: did you get a mail from discogs a couple of weeks ago about cosmic flavas / muzakmuzak / nativeforce? His account has been suspended because he`s a fraudulent seller (well you knew that). That`s the shit with discogs: sellers can rip off people until their account is closed, then they simply open another account and continue their miserable rip off`s.

Let`s face it: discogs has become an average marketplace: the database is not important anymore, releases are pending for years, prices are over the top and every day hundreds of people create an account just to buy or to sell (a big part of them being timewasters)

"A Real Music Hater"

nativeforce?

haha,
isnt that phonovision?
meanwhile this belgian guy is kind of a legend wink

i hate soccer

117 (edited by raoul 2009-05-29 16:05:58)

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

Let`s face it: discogs has become an average marketplace: the database is not important anymore, releases are pending for years, prices are over the top and every day hundreds of people create an account just to buy or to sell (a big part of them being timewasters)

i don't really agree, it's still is valuable to me as a resource for info and as marketplace.
and they keep developing the application. funding has to come from somewhere.
can you name a more extensive/reliable resource for information than discogs other that fora etc.? i'll be glad to know.

there is something called 'seller rating', just be carefull when selling to/buying from newcomers...
wake up, the world is full of ripp offs/fraudsters/sorry ass timewasters, why should discogs be different?

that`s not my point, I still use it as a database to find stuff I don`t know yet but c`mon, for sellers it`s just another place where they can sell stuff, they couldn`t care less about the database. Oh well.

Perhaps a bit off-topic but as a seller I only accept 100%-buyers (you can do this in your settings) but the new ones, without feedback, can still buy from me and it are mostly these who waste my time.

"A Real Music Hater"

Watch out for fraktaldibs on Discogs. The guy got my (valuable) record plus took the money back via a paypal scheme and there ain't a thing i can do.

120 (edited by sL 2009-06-04 15:58:19)

if i see phonovision on the street , i will beat the shit out of him , defenitly!!!
i thought about buying a flight to belgium and give him a visit.

is there someone who want to follow me ?
i feel pure hate if i think about this guy

Frisbee is my passion

121 (edited by hysteric 2009-06-13 03:45:56)

sL wrote:

I'd really like to join you... but a long way from Australia.

In the meantime, don't even think about buying from http://www.discogs.com/user/berndie2
He owes me a lot of money for a rare italo...

I asked him to send via registered and he didn't! in fact I don't think he sent it at all sad
Didn't answer any of my mails until I opened a paypal dispute.

Completely ruined my trust in people to do the right thing, which is worse even than losing the money.

I'd also like to get his full address, can anyone help?
His name is Bernhard Durner, he lives in Germany...

sL wrote:

if i see phonovision on the street , i will beat the shit out of him , defenitly!!!
i thought about buying a flight to belgium and give him a visit.

i feel pure hate if i think about this guy

i remeber that i was the first at CBS who warned before that guy - but at the beginning i got many critics about that ...

now everybody is wiser ...

btw he is still selling at ebay - mostly design stuff / furniture etc.,,

i hate soccer

123 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2009-06-05 09:45:36)

hysteric wrote:
sL wrote:

I'd really like to join you... but a long way from Australia.

It would be worth every penny wink He`s from Charleroi, that`s the criminal-ghetto of Belgium, no kiddin`

Sounds like a job for Ray Van Mechelen

"A Real Music Hater"

here's another stupid fuck @ discogs: Frontosa_4_Sale

I bought records from him when he didn't have that much bad feedback but apparently he started screwing up thing from that moment. His discogs account is now closed, but you never know how & when he'll show up again, so here's some more info on him, beware!!

Frontosa_4_Sale (discogs)
contact@danielauster.com
cottonshot1@yahoo.com
http://www.myspace.com/frontosa
www.danielauster.com
http://www.flickr.com/people/74562062@N00/
http://profiles.friendster.com/6335012

Space Face wrote:

Watch out for fraktaldibs on Discogs. The guy got my (valuable) record plus took the money back via a paypal scheme and there ain't a thing i can do.

I take these words back. It seems that his paypal account was hacked and he is very cooperative to solve the problem