1 (edited by Leo Slayer 2009-08-11 16:12:29)

Topic: Work

I was wondering how many hours actual real work robots do each day and how much internet, shopping, chatting, reading and sending death threats to enemies other people do. I think im about 60% work 40% other shit.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Re: Work

Yeh 60% work 40% other shit, although if I'm feeling particularly pissed off with work it can be as high as 80% other shit.

hence recession

4 (edited by fantomas 2009-08-11 19:33:00)

28% work...and the rest smile
...wait...maybe even lower

black shape wrote:

hence recession

I call it revolution by the oppressed wage slaves who are forced to sit at computers carrying out meaningless tasks for faceless corporations.  Or basically music is far more interesting than work.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/skeptical-cat-is-fraught-with-skepticism.jpg

7 (edited by Mr. Maximal 2009-08-11 21:29:49)

I was on a 20% work 80% leasure roll and now I'm jobless.

Go figure

I work at home what has one major downside. that I spend 70% of my time on other stuff then my work during working hours. Im getting improving in just doing work for a few hours without checking internets, email, msn, forums and other stuff but its hard when nobody checks your effective workrate but yourself.

at the moment (i.e. already the whole week) I'm editing my woman's final paper during working hours..
boss is on vacation which makes things more easy
my fellow colleagues don't mind.. they are busy doing ...euh stuff
in general my actual working hours/day depend highly on the project i'm working on.. (Summer = calm)
already waiting for the next one since 3 - 4 weeks now... sucks in a way
I don't mind busy myself with private stuff, but without losing my actual work motivation .. which is happening slowely but surely
60/40 sounds good big_smile

my co-workers had to leave so I am on 100% work and 30% other now. The surplus comes from longer hours and less lunch break.

Europa has burned, and will burn again

I think Im 80 % work when motivated like this week. Now where did i leave that employee of the month plaque......

My job activities dictate what Im doing.

Im a project manager so one day it will be 20% work as thats all thats needed, then another day it could be as high as 95% cause shit needs done. like 7-7 shifts with some tiny bits of online activity.

EliasRafael wrote:

my co-workers had to leave so I am on 100% work and 30% other now. The surplus comes from longer hours and less lunch break.

100% work and 30% other?? tongue

14 (edited by EliasRafael 2009-08-12 16:11:57)

as I say compared to a year ago or so. Additional working hours and my lunch break is short now.

last year: 70% work/30% other - so with some maths you can calculate a proper new ratio. The average time spend for other things on the Internet is nearly the same.

Europa has burned, and will burn again

same as meschi in a way - I have one job in a museum doing exhibitions - can be quite for a while then full on I have other job at a pub both jobs between 32-37hours per week.

We do a night and that feels like work also -

80% work 20% sleep

past 6 years for a boss i'll say 60(l):40(w)
right now for myself, its more likely to be 40:60

hoi!

for me i'd say it's about 80% work, 20% sending emails to my mates and on forums and shit.

it can vary though, as sometimes my head isn't in 'the zone' to get any work done (i'm a software engineer), and when everyone else in the office is the same (like on friday afternoons), that's just a total write off smile.

i don't feel guilty about it though, we absolutely work our asses off when we're going to do a release, tons of overtime and stuff, so fuck it if the bosses have a problem with it.

0% today - pulled a sickie

back
of
thon
net

Basic Aly wrote:

0% today - pulled a sickie

back
of
thon
net

Go for a few days looks better.

Im now barred from pulling sickies on Monday. Personally I blame those pesky Zardoz bitches.

I think I need to get myself a real job - I am working at least at 120% / 1% at the moment. Working for yourself is intense in these tough economic times. I keep saying yes to work which is leaving not much time for anything else. At the moment I get paid to deliver a 1 hour lecture with two hours to prepare which actually takes 2 days to get right. I am giving 3 of these a week = very tired robot

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

I work at home what has one major downside. that I spend 70% of my time on other stuff then my work during working hours. Im getting improving in just doing work for a few hours without checking internets, email, msn, forums and other stuff but its hard when nobody checks your effective workrate but yourself.

i used to work from home and i grew to hate it.

it was such a breath of fresh air when i went to my new company to have the separation of the workplace and home.

if i can avoid it i'll never work from home again...

Once I stop study first thing i'll do is get a workplace outside home.

50/50 - Am an interactive designer, games etc so a lot of time I'm browsing clicking doing stuff which makes me wonder how the hell I got there and what I was looking for. Pleasure? Fun? Knowledge?

Non linear elements avoid the void of your voice

I prefer looking at efficiency. when something needs to be done within deadline, i'm 110% effective and superquick on top of things.

Since I'm office manager, when there are no deadlines....pack my bowl, turn on Intergalactic, hook up the big speakers, and drift off, and delegate everything

i can work for 10+ hours a day if needed, otherwise i come to work at 9.30 and leave at 3.30. sometimes i work from home which means i check maybe every hour my emails.