Re: Traxx - Faith album

bias wrote:

pretty good album
you can download 320kbps mp3 here http://ul.to/jnrh7b/
more tracks and better sound than vinyl and for free = triple win

Quite sure the free 320kbps MP3s will bore me as much as the record does. Not my cup of tea.

I agree with Starborough +1000

the cd just came out and it's quiet cheap

12 euri's of zo

Vlam Aan

don't want to spend 12 euro on some reli - jak stuff

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

I haven't gotten the LP yet, but from the snippets I think I'm going to love this release. Shame about the crappy quality of the vinyl though.

56 (edited by MANASYt 2009-10-22 21:00:53)

57 (edited by openconcept 2009-10-23 03:51:15)

bias wrote:

pretty good album
you can download 320kbps mp3 here [XXX]
more tracks and better sound than vinyl and for free = triple win

Blow your "triple win" out your ass.

Funny how some people say that they "love music" or really dig some particular artist and yet they can't seem to pay them for their work.  I got a special place in my heart for those who say "it's OK to do it because it's just a mediocre release and not worth it".

Regardless of what people think of the guy's personality, ripping off independent artists is fucking LAME.  That shit is for pimple-faced kids that live in their Mom's basement. 

People who have decent tastes in music should be far enough along in life to know better.  Unless you're gonna treat us to some nice Tiesto mixes as well...  Keep this kind of shit off of RFR.

58 (edited by frigid 2010-02-14 07:44:04)

59 (edited by gn 2009-10-23 09:13:36)

"Cyberpunk project theory"? Oh get outta here. You live at home with your mom too.

60 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2009-10-23 09:45:36)

This isn't infoprmation that get's shared here, it's a (artistic) product, it's only up to the artist in what way they want their music or art to be made public. Like it or not, it really is that simple. It is not our decision to make, no matter what 'philosophy' you throw at it. You can't talk about love, values, honor nor support if you disrespect and ignore the artists feelings about how they should make their art public. Private listening? This is a public forum available to anybody that can use Google, putting up a link to mp3's is not the same as making a tape for your small circle of friends.

http://i31.tinypic.com/x5qbg1.jpg

OH F NOT THAT AGAIN *runs to toilet*

b. idol had bias in mind when he made that album

i think the artist is fighting a losing battle.  the only way we gonna know what the artists wants is if he or she subscribes to a forum or something.   but then at that point the artist is no longer judged by his talent but by his charisma.  so in a way he is killing art!  (no im not drunk) and then look what happens to poor traxx!  he is written off as a dick almost automatically.  so its better to stay out of politics make your music, and the whole point is to be heard not to sell copies

btw frigid stealing is not less "materialistic" than paying for it.

what's frigid stealing?

cuties don't exert

he said paying for it was materialistic bollocks?

who said... oh right, yeah. brain working now.

cuties don't exert

http://popgumbo.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/george-michael-faith_l.jpg

mmm armpit smell. like big mac!

cebteq wrote:

i think the artist is fighting a losing battle.  the only way we gonna know what the artists wants is if he or she subscribes to a forum or something.

Come on ceb....  If we know that an artist is selling their product, it's reasonable to assume that they don't want people ripping and sharing it out on an internet bulletin board.  Besides, if you REALLY liked something on a netlabel, what's stopping anyone from sending them a few EUR to show support?

I don't mean to make this a personal slag against bias or anyone else but really...  just think about it:  Many of us sit and bitch that most commercial artists are crap.  The other 10% - and that includes a lot of artists who hang out here - have to work a day job or struggle to get by. 

Logically speaking, if this sort of thing keeps up, artists and labels can't afford to make it past a certain point.  Right or wrong, Mariah Carey can survive if 100,000 people steal her shit.  Traxx can't.  Smakos can't.  Rude can't.  So it's really not OK to come in here and pass this kind of thing off as being cool.

Furthermore, stealing somebody's beats and hiding behind a half-baked "cyberpunk" remark is just outright WEAK.  I've known Mike Banks of UR for 15 years and Melvin (Traxx) for several years as well.  Take the internet away and try and imagine telling Mike to his face that it's OK to steal his music.  Tell Derrick May that he's sold enough records and he can afford it if a few people share his tunes.  Pffft! 

Talking junk behind people's backs is for lesser men.  Wither they deserve it or not, ripping people up over the internet isn't the same as saying it when they are in the same room.  The same idea extends to ripping artists off on the internet.

Traxx is not an easy guy to deal with.  Regardless of all that, the man is full time making music - taking food off his plate by passing his new CD around is BULLSHIT. 

I won't lie to ya - I used to be a pimple-faced kid in my Mom's basement...  but this isn't 20 years ago.  The issue of "stealing" music has been around for long enough.  We ALL know what's at stake for smaller artists and labels and collectively, we've got to make a decision that this sort of thinking is busted -- regardless of wither or not an artist has an issue with public perception, makes "good" or "bad" music or whatever.

Again, noting personal, bias but no apologies for having an emotional reaction to this - it's MUSIC, after all.  If there's no emotional connection to music, it

thats a major point amongst artists and a valid one too -  "a guys gotta eat!"  but i bet even mad mike isnt gonna tell some kid living in a detroit ghetto, hey you cant listen to my music unless you bought the record.  besides, how easy is it to find a UR record these days . he understands that young black youths needs to feed their minds too.  and if traxx is really making a living with his music, then no wonder because every album is the same as the last wink in the netherlands i think if you want to make a living as an arstist, you gotta produce something (doesnt have to be good wink) hense the oversaturation of mediocre music...but thats a different top

cebteq wrote:

thats a major point amongst artists and a valid one too -  "a guys gotta eat!"  but i bet even mad mike isnt gonna tell some kid living in a detroit ghetto, hey you cant listen to my music unless you bought the record.  besides, how easy is it to find a UR record these days . he understands that young black youths needs to feed their minds too.  and if traxx is really making a living with his music, then no wonder because every album is the same as the last wink in the netherlands i think if you want to make a living as an arstist, you gotta produce something (doesnt have to be good wink) hense the oversaturation of mediocre music...but thats a different top

C'mon ceb...     smile

How easy is it to find a UR record?   Really?
In Netherlands...

http://clone.nl/label/underground+resistance

...and the rare stuff comes up on eBay!

I can't speak for Mike, but why not ask him yourself?  I'm pretty sure the guys at Submerge would put you in touch. 

I will share one story he told me tho...  there was a homeless guy sleeping outside the doorway to Submerge in the middle of winter.  The guy would have frozen to death for sure overnight.  So Mike debated over it, went outside and made the guy an offer:  "stay outside and freeze or come in.  If you come in, you got to give all your money plus that bottle of booze that's killing you."

I asked him if he gave the guy's money back to him after -- "NO".  Why did he take pennies from a homeless guy?  All the money the poor fucker had??  To show the guy that there's nothing around there for free - "get your shit together and don't come back" was the message.  And if the guy weren't gonna freeze to death, he probably would have just run his ass off the doorstep in the first place.

You don't even want to know what he said about the time that some poor, misguided "young black youths" broke into the building and stole some studio equipment.  Or about the time that SONY Germany stole "Nights Of The Jaguar" and repressed it without their permission.

I will say that they got the equipment back, SONY got away with it... but stealing from Mike Banks?  Very.  bad.  idea.

Besides dude - nevermind if it's some crusty old hardcase from Detroit, some Chicago wildman or any of the Den Haag players...  stealin' music is just GREASY! 

Again, if it the argument is "every album is the same as the last" or "the new one sucks", then there's no need to download or pass it around, right?

73 (edited by cebteq 2009-10-23 20:04:44)

wow mad mike sounds like an ass.  this goes back to keeping music separate from the person.  but i guess i know where he's coming from being a guy who got his entire collection stolen and gear. (evenmore reason to steal back!)  maybe I'll go back to collecting since it really IS easy to buy UR records smile  (prolly not)  would it be considered stealing music if youre stealing ideas too because if so a lot of peeps would be in a lot of trouble! big_smile

so if i am not listening to traxx's music i am also taking food off his plate?

bias wrote:

so if i am not listening to traxx's music i am also taking food off his plate?

What? Man are you dense.