Topic: places to stay in Stockholm

any tips on affordable places to stay. nightlife tips appreciated as well. thanks!

Re: places to stay in Stockholm

guess it depends on when

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

i am thinking in 1-2 weeks

[quote=Techn

Did you make it?

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

I might go there in january or february for a week end. Does someone know a charming & romantic hotel ?

As is me, end of january 3 days in stockholm. Any coolex tips?

Non linear elements avoid the void of your voice

depends on what you want kos010, nightlifescene is a bit slow at least for us with a more specific taste in music smile i've had loads of fun at a place called pluto though, some guys called top nice stockholm arranges parties there sometimes. you need to be a member of their group on facebook and click attend on their events to be able to enter, and im not really sure when they throw their next party.. anyway, if you wanna take a shot, mail me on facebook and i'll invite you to the group smile "karl lihagen".  if you got facebook that is, har har.

wait a minute, maybe just wanted a place to stay. in that case, no idea sad

heh, mr. lihagen. fancy meeting you here.

(http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9459 - check the nfo file, the coder = me)

hoi!

hey silver! long time no see smile whats good? still doing demos?

karl wrote:

hey silver! long time no see smile whats good? still doing demos?

hah - not really, these days its typing code for money and doing the occasional disco set. but i might wanna get back into that some time again!

i remember running into a set by you quite some time ago back on cbs and thinking to myself "well this certainly is different than rohformat" wink

how are you btw?

hoi!

giving this thread a bump. i will be in stockholm from saturday to thursday. any tips food, recordstore or clubwise?

thanks

thanks bmx

Was in Stockholm the last days and I went in this hotel

www.hotelskeppsholmen.se

A nice place to stay, a very kind staff, in the middle of the city but with a bucolic and very quiet environment… but only for couples (was alone and that was super depressing… and it was raining and it was cold… it was not the best conditions to enjoy it).

super nice store, super nice dudes too

vintage room (record store)
hökensgata 11 stockholm

I just got back from Stockholm and I had a really good time. I would recommend the Snickars record store as being the best one I visited, huge selection of euro/italo/hi nrg/disco and also a lot of house/techno and an pretty extensive dub section.
The guy invited me to look at box of rare italo etc he had behind the counter and I nearly bought a mint copy of Stars and Bars - Stars N Bars but it was 500KR so I had to pass. I bought a bit of decent unrare italo etc for decent prices there though - like Den Harrow, The Creatures, Christian Bruhn, Stage, Bobby O stuff etc.

I found Vintage room to be quite overpriced, a good store is opposite Record Hunter on Sankt Eriksgatan 70 (which just has rock and other boring stuff), the store opposite has a dusty basement with many records unsorted and it is possible to dig up a few cheap hi nrg, disco, house and maybe italo if you spent long enough your hands will be very dirty after this store though!

In terms of eating out http://www.pelikan.se/ is a great place to eat traditional Swedish food it seemed quite expensive to me but Sweden is expensive even compared to the UK.

Other recommendations are to catch the boat from Slussen out to Skansen and the Grona amusement park, to check out the many vintage clothes shops scattered around the city, to eat some fried herring with mashed potatoes, lingonberry jam, pickled cucumbers and crispbreads at the stall at Slussen and to make sure to go for "Fika" which is cake and coffee at one of the many cafe which all seem to have amazing cakes and buns (the cardamom ones are amazing!)

I would recommend also to check out the many 2nd hand stores in the city, where they have lots of records for 10-20KR each, it's obviously hit and miss but I got a nice copy of the Secret Service Lp (with Flash in the night) for 10KR, which is a nice Swedish souvenir.