Topic: Studio Headphones

What are nice headphones for in the studio?
Was thinking about getting these ones: http://www.thomann.de/nl/akg_k271_mkii.htm

Re: Studio Headphones

ol'thrstworthy hd-25

crc wrote:

ol'thrstworthy hd-25

allready have it for dj-use and do wanna buy same again.

for me the hd-25's are uncomfortable after a while.

If its for recording purpose go with something from beyer dynamic. We have those in our studios and I think they suck.

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

the ones that work for you, i read that timbaland does all his mixing on headphones, i guess it';s getting used to it and knowing how it will translate to playing on speakers later.

real mixing specific headphones are crazy expensive

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

beyerdynamic dt-150

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

Erroraudio wrote:

If its for recording purpose go with something from beyer dynamic. We have those in our studios and I think they suck.

You mean the akg's suck?

http://www.ultrasone.com/

i like the beyerdynamic dt990 because of their good bass. they lack a bit precision in the mids but they have a nice spatiality.

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:
Erroraudio wrote:

You mean the akg's suck?

bingo

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Got beyer dt-770 and theyre really starting to piss me off, they start killing the top of my head after wearing them for 20 minutes or so, its like my heads in a vice.
They sound good tho, gonna try and modify the band, put more foam in or something.

"positive mutation!"

I got some Sennheiser HD 202's ... recession friendly price big_smile

I absolutely love the Beyerdynamic DT-150s. Super-comfortable to wear for a whole day and very clear, neutral sound without sacrificing bass.

15 (edited by Septicstudio 2009-10-21 08:42:36)

Sennheiser HD600, the best there is smile So clear, and pronounced, I really use it to mix on it aswell, very pro stuff

Not a bassboomer thats kills your ears like some other brands...

i have to get headphones asap.

What do you guys think of the Sony MDR-7506 ?

I can get em for $80.. which is a good price range for me.

Will be using them for a lot of field recording / post production for film as well as making techno.

I use a pair of AKG K702 and I think they're great.

rsprats wrote:

Will be using them for a lot of field recording / post production for film as well as making techno.

I've had the MDR-7509 for 9 years now, they sound great and are built to last, I never mix with them but they are great for detail work.  Plus they are very quiet from the outside, great when monitoring a mic.

TONY COPS wrote:
rsprats wrote:

I've had the MDR-7509 for 9 years now, they sound great and are built to last, I never mix with them but they are great for detail work.  Plus they are very quiet from the outside, great when monitoring a mic.

i've been meaning to pick up a pair of MDR's, i always hear great things about them for studio use. i have some kind of cheap AKGs and decently priced audio technicas. i don't really mix with either though, usually i use them for recording guitar amps, checking mics, and programming machines late at night.

worship the potentiometer.

They're good, the latest top of the line MDRs look great and have a detachable cable, which is probably what will go first on mine.
I've seen a lot of old 7506s stil working even if they looked terrible, they're workhorses.