Re: What movies/tv shows are you robots watching?!

pierrot le fou f/i 1965 avec jpb et anna karina - jean luc godard - for the dont ask me time.

Sonny Crockett wrote:

One of my all time favourite: The Warriors

http://www.the-warriors.fr/images-film-prod/10.jpg

someone recently told me they are re-making this. ugh. i can only imagine how terribly over-complicated the plot will be.

worship the potentiometer.

screenvinylimage wrote:
Sonny Crockett wrote:

someone recently told me they are re-making this. ugh. i can only imagine how terribly over-complicated the plot will be.

Check this link: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles … tory.jhtml

Seems so far away from the original movie... The action takes place in L.A. and it will be produced by MTV!  Shit... sad

NEON LIGHT RULE THE NIGHT

www.myspace.com/sonnycrockett78

The second episode of Generation Kill was superb.

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

Yesterday I watched: 'Tetsuo The Iron Man'. I really laughed my ass off! Fantastic, low budget, arty horror stuff in black and white with a cool, dark industrial soundtrack. Only Japanese can make up storylines as these, damn'!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096251/

Automatic

Sonny Crockett wrote:
screenvinylimage wrote:
Sonny Crockett wrote:

Check this link: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles … tory.jhtml

Seems so far away from the original movie... The action takes place in L.A. and it will be produced by MTV!  Shit... sad

--------------
Scott revealed that he intends to do away with such warring factions as the Baseball Furies (a bat-wielding group of thugs dressed in makeup and MLB-worthy uniforms), the Punks (chain-wielders in hillbilly overalls) and the Hi Hats (bad-ass mimes wearing top hats). The decision, which will no doubt stir up controversy among die-hard fans currently snatching up newly released "Warriors" action figures at mall stores nationwide, is largely due to the director's recent meetings with actual L.A. gang members, whom he employed onscreen in "Domino" and intends to use again for "Warriors."

"I sat with all the gang members and they said, 'If you can get this movie on, we'll do a treaty between all the warriors, all the different gangs,' " Scott said proudly. "It's very different from what the original is like. I love the original, but this is a very different tone and a very different feel. The encounters will be more like 'Kingdom of Heaven.' It will be the Warriors stacking up against 3,000 gang members.

------- Don't fucking call it The Warriors then, you moron.

burp

Rebel Without a Cause. This movie is absolutely incredible. Far better than what I remembered.

@HAL: You should check out the second Tetsuo-film as well: Body Hammer. It's not as good as the first one, but it is still worth a look.

robots.for.robots

Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song, USA 1971

fffukin great...

@Herman13: Hahaha! I saw this a couple of years ago..he ends up in the desert eating a lizard..hilarious

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

@ robot monster: Cool, I'll give it a try soon.

Automatic

Robot Monster wrote:

Rebel Without a Cause. This movie is absolutely incredible. Far better than what I remembered.

Very awesome movie. Might as well throw in The Wild One too. Both great 50's movies.

@herman13, Watched Sweetback a couple months ago, totally amazing underground movie. i love the raw/loose style of the movie.

87 (edited by Robot Monster 2008-07-23 15:17:14)

screenvinylimage wrote:

Very awesome movie. Might as well throw in The Wild One too. Both great 50's movies.

Thanks for the reccomendation, haven't seen that one.

The ending of Rebel Without a Cause actually made me shed a tear - that doesn't happen very often. I study film theory and watch multiple movies daily, still, this is the first time i've been touched to tears in years smile

robots.for.robots

I saw "Any way the wind blows" by Tom Barman (dEus) yesterday. Really nice movie.

"God told me to....kill" - Too much of a weirdo movie for me...did my head in + bad acting, but im sure many would find it enjoyable

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

watched Le Circle Rouge last night and really dug it a lot! thx for the recommendation (everyone). i'll be sure to pick up the other Melville mentions on here..

i've got Eastern Promises waiting at home for the weekend.

screenvinylimage wrote:

I really dug this film. good choice.

Vomatron wrote:

Try also "Brotherhood of the bell", classic paranoiac conspiracy movie

And maybe "The house of Rothschild", which is really good (and old)

Thanks, will check! Found a good overview here btw:
http://www.stylusmagazine.com/feature.php?ID=1092

Reality is just a simulation

don't watch tv
just saw brideshead revisited (PRETTY GOOD), the other boleyn girl (BAD), after the wedding (good), and les miserables (raymond bernard's version, AMAZING)

rewatched:
braveheart, mulholland drive - you know angelo badalamenti appears in the movie, as the guy drinking espresso?

94 (edited by Starborough 2008-07-29 23:56:43)

Just watched Be Kind, Rewind, it was kinda corny but made me feel really good watching it.. I dunno, the 'doing it with the people for the people' statement Gondry is making really hit me. Not a great movie or so, but I'd still recommend it because of the cuteness of it all.

meschi wrote:
screenvinylimage wrote:

I really dug this film. good choice.

if you haven't checked the history of violence see that too, i thought it was a little bit better even.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

i saw the happening some time ago, really bad acting, crappy movie overall but i still liked it because the idea is nice and it is probably close to what will happen someday.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Starborough wrote:

Just watched Be Kind, Rewind, it was kinda corny but made me feel really good watching it.. I dunno, the 'doing it with the people for the people' statement Gondry is making really hit me. Not a great movie or so, but I'd still recommend it because of the cuteness of it all.

very nice low budget but still very nice

Vlam Aan

seen pierrot le fou as well
full of ideas, and very memorable(Samuel Fuller plays a cameo as the american director in Paris - wow)
and the background colour changes in that party scene has been done to death since off course - mad movie
@jayoverdose
agreed History is a better movie then Eastern for me too(and i watched them 2-3 times each)
@hal
re:Tetsuo - yes a great movie there's actualy 2 parts to it, one was much better then other can't remember which
tho, but i think it's the 2nd one, have the vhs here somewere

also went for a Ray Dennis Steckler double
Rat Pfink a boo boo - is like a batman movie with crazy rocknroll script(now i know where john waters nicked them
ideas for his soundtracks)Carloyn Brandt is as hot as ever, but the script is realy poor, check it out for the way he menages to make his woman look so damn hot, even tho it's b&w and from the 50's, kool!
Lemon Grove kids - not realy a horror film more of a comedy in 3 parts. disapointing when compared to say "Thrill Seekers" but great camera work and again steckler's wife Carolyn Brandt was such a hottie

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

^Always wanted to see those Ray Dennis Steckler movies after reading about them in the Re:Search "Incredibly Strange Movies" book (highly recommended for lovers of trash).

I'm watching a different flavor of trash these days: www.cheaters.com
it can't be real.. or can it??? God bless America

Watched last night: The Boys Next Door from '85. Very overlooked and underrated movie imo. Its well worth a watch, not as much for charlie sheen as for maxwell caulfield (who i dont understand havent been in that many other "serious" movies). And of course for the mid 80's vibe we all like

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."