1 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2008-07-22 11:36:18)

Topic: Doris Norton

A while back in the CBS forum I asked around what people who had them thought of Doris Norton's albums (before "Personal Computer"). Well, in the meantime I got my hands on a copy of both "Raptus" (1981) and "Nortoncomputerforpeace" (1983). So if anyone else is wondering (like me at the time) what they're like, here's how (AAC files):

there you go (see posts below for why i'm not linking directly)

Quick and dirty vinyl rip, not much post processing because it's so damn time consuming. I still have the .wav files if anyone feels the urge to do a better job.

2 (edited by Larry Levan 2008-07-20 21:40:14)

Re: Doris Norton

Thanks !!

If you only could encode to a lossless codec like flac that would be PERFECT! smile If you don't have the time then share the .wav files tongue

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

Good work!

Thanks a lot man!!
Was always wondering what these were like.
Cheers smile

kewl thanks mate!

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

if you want to trade mp3's and stuff, please dot it in private or somewhere else.. we're not a file sharing service.

rude66 wrote:

if you want to trade mp3's and stuff, please dot it in private or somewhere else.. we're not a file sharing service.

saw that one coming... for now i've edited my original post. i'll provide copyright police friendly links soon.

oh and i did look at the forum rules. you might want to add one more little paragraph there.

He didn't ask for anything, no selling, no trading, so, thanks!

i can see the problem. i'll deal with that.

@ JamesTRubotnik: thanks. yeah, we'll have to add something about this to the rules thing. didn't get to that part yet..

@ Larry Levan: i don't care if he asked, traded or sold. there are millions of other places if you want to do this.. go to soulseek, there's even a cbs-room there.

the rules did look kinda (too) light weight to me...

well, we also dont want to play forum police too much. i also figure we're all adults here, and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what is acceptable behaviour or not.. but i'll add a section about this..

hehe net te laat

Vlam Aan

rude is right, I believe, on the other side I was glad to hear something I didn't hear before, and I ignored. So perhaps that could be a balance about it. As ignorant as I am I'm happy to know more, and I trust the people here enough to give things a closer look when proposed. A forum is here to share knowledge no? well, boh, I don't really know.

rude is right. it was extremely web 1.0 of me to post hottlinks here...

i don't see the problem? i think it's up to the users to define what this forum is for.

Monkey see, monkey do.

problem is, the rules are not only layed out by the users here but also by the powers to be (and unfortunatley the powers that wanna be) who'd rather like the internet to look like this.

and, as i said, i'll provide a web 3.0 ready solution as soon as i get around to it.

biotek wrote:

i don't see the problem? i think it's up to the users to define what this forum is for.

true, but will users take responsibility for any future problems regarding copyright issues?

maybe rude will censor every copyrighted material from the youtube thread aswell then. have fun.

Monkey see, monkey do.

rude did not make this decision by himself.. and youtube deletes material all the time so that's not our issue. plus those aren't download links.

we just don't want/need to attract any attention from copyright holders & institutions; they're anal.

☂ bezoek okiland !

i think you're being overly paranoid over music that has been out of print for almost 20 years.

Monkey see, monkey do.

22 (edited by Larry Levan 2008-07-21 13:25:09)

Those links had nothing to do with this website\forum, there are lots of legal blogs with links to downloads, and they have no problems.

We have to respect the rules anyway, rules first, culture second.

But has rude said, we got a soulseek room, please join us! smile

@biotek: it's not about this release; this just happened to be the first one.

☂ bezoek okiland !

what about the radio stream section on the forum then. those stations are pumping out copyright infringement 24/7. it seems like the rules aren't very consistent.

Monkey see, monkey do.

yeah first post !!1111!!11!111