Topic: midi - cv converter

hi

im am planning on getting a midi-cv converter to drive my minimoog, im impressed with the kenton pro solo and was wondering if any robots here have any experiances with them, and if anyone wants to part with one wink

b

Re: midi - cv converter

yeah, they work great, and will definately do what you want.

but no you can't have mine... they're cheap enough to buy new, anyway.

I had a Pro-Solo, It worked great, I think it's one of the better midi cv boxes out there, If you need more channels, you could look into the Encore Expressionist, It's great!

Got one for my SH101 and it works well.

no-fi & TinFoilHats wrote:

but no you can't have mine... they're cheap enough to buy new, anyway.

There is a good one for less money from D-tronics.

Sander wrote:

There is a good one for less money from D-tronics.

how much is it  & where can i buy this ?

http://www.dtronics.net/
http://www.engineersatwork.nl/catalog/p … cts_id/546

hmmm.... at 90 euro for that, vs 99 UKP for the pro solo mkII, the pro solo does a hell of a lot more, and doesn't require a PC editing program to set the clock speed........

8 (edited by Sander 2009-04-12 11:58:54)

Mmm, they have become more expensive I see.

i use d

Orgel!

i have two and they have been working fine. but you can probably find something cheaper that works just as good with your moog. pro-solo has a bunch of extras like hz/v and LFOs. you can even sync an 808 with it if you fix a special cable (don't ask me why you would want to do that, there are cheaper and easier ways for sure).

I use a dopfer MSY2 to sync/start and the kenton prosolo to midify and they both work perfectly, imo prosolo is really full of possibilities, def workin great.

hans olof wrote:

i have two and they have been working fine. but you can probably find something cheaper that works just as good with your moog. pro-solo has a bunch of extras like hz/v and LFOs. you can even sync an 808 with it if you fix a special cable (don't ask me why you would want to do that, there are cheaper and easier ways for sure).

I'm pretty sure that you can send din sync out of the midi thru on the mkII version, while using it for cv conversion at the same time - - -  unlike the mkI, which can't do both dinsync and cv conversion at the same time and requires a special cable...

BTW if anybody wants a cable to have din-sync on the Pro-Solo MKI I still have it even though I traded the unit itself a while ago.

It's a 5-pin DIN on one side and two mono mini-jacks on the other.

I was looking forward to get a kenton  to control a yamaha cs5 via midi, because I know it handles yamaha hz/volt.
The point is it seems that a novation basstation could do that as well.
Has anybody tried to control a yamaha cs synth with that?

15 (edited by Fotoplastikon 2009-04-11 14:13:58)

I'm using Bass Station with CS5 and it works well.
Here's the example of CS5 controlled by Juno-60 with MD-8 via Bass Station:
http://pustostany.pl/fotoplastikon/cs5arp2.mp3

great! Thank you!

I've got a Kenton Pro Solo II and would definitely recommend it, it's a great box and as somebody else mentioned it can sync a  dyn-sync synth (TR808, TR606, TB303 etc) at the same time as sending CV and gate to another synth. It also has an auxiliary CV out so if you have a synth which has CV controllable filter also (like the Sequential Circuits Pro One) you can control that as well.