Re: mw2

Is there a R4R IRC channel? Would be easier for getting some gaming in.

I remember there was a CBS channel but not sure what IRC server it was on.

Don't know it myself.

Anyway, normally today there will be a patch that fixes the problems with invites (I tried it with Rickster & Far-I, but it doesn't work at this time).

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

did play the haxxor PC version this week and  I must say this game really suxx big time ( i did only SP ) so i am not gonna pay 65 euro for it on PS3...I hate railgames tongue really

So unless it is in the discountcrates soon i wont be joining online guys sorry...

But that was to b expected for a game that must break all salerecords, thats gotta turn out in a lame shit stuff tongue

65euro even for the multiplayer is worth it imo. at least if this is as much fun as MW1.

i'm hoping my copy will be sitting pretty on the floor when i open my front door this afternoon...

55 (edited by Obi1r 2009-11-13 17:14:07)

Well, even an almost non-shooter player like me can see why MW2 (and older releases) is quite popular. I dont think a large majority of gamers are that easily convinced, there is a lot of competition in the genre.
Anyway, I like the details, the faultless interface, the graphics, the realism and the atmosphere. I dont care about a storyline.
Compared to racing games, COD is the Gran Turismo of shooters... but its all a matter of taste ofcourse.

MW2 multiplayer still leaves me with some questions, and its hard to find answers.
How do Perks work? How to upgrade them? What are Customizable Killstreaks? Does it the icons I see at the bottom right got to do with anything?

Maybe a link where I can find basic tips for multiplayer would be nice. I am new to this you know
I have searched around, but insider explanations of things are not helping me much

Strictly Rockaas

It's all about the MP with MW2. You did play a lot of BF1943, didn't you Septic? The MP in MW2 is worth the money. For me the SP is just bonus (btw there are some cool Spec Ops levels next to the main story, for SP or with two online or off).

You'll only get some new Perks when you rank up.

Perks are special abilities / power ups for multiplayer combat. There are only 3 perk slots available to you and each slot consist of different types of perks.

Each perk can now be upgraded to a Pro version by completing its challenge (usually it's just making a set amount of kills while the (not yet upgraded) Perk is active).

http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/perks/

Allthough I'm being killed more than I can kill myself, I had a real nice game yesterday ending with nine kills for me & only one death (while my teammates all had st. close to a 1 kill/death ratio).

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

yeah BAttlefield 1943 i played a real lot, but you can have a bit of tactics going on there...the SP COD6 experience did make me really loathe it., that maybe not correct coz it is more about MP i know, but BF1943 is just 22 euro orso. BTW i did play COD4 online also alot did it 2 playthroughs in prestige modus tongue

Septicstudio wrote:

BTW i did play COD4 online also alot did it 2 playthroughs in prestige modus tongue

I can assure you that MW2 online is more of the same, but better. So get it (you can find it for 57 Euro easily)!

Klart wrote:
Septicstudio wrote:

BTW i did play COD4 online also alot did it 2 playthroughs in prestige modus tongue

I can assure you that MW2 online is more of the same, but better. So get it (you can find it for 57 Euro easily)!

Online was most expenisive I found, here in the UK whereas the supermarkets were selling MW2 for half the RRP. Its still worth it whatever price you pay really. Going in tonight, anybody else ??

like others are saying, the mp is really what makes this game worth getting.. i sure didnt get it for the sp, although i played through it while mp was down.. smile

60 EUR is pretty steep for a game though..for that price you could buy two games in the states

Obi1r wrote:

Well, even an almost non-shooter player like me can see why MW2 (and older releases) is quite popular. I dont think a large majority of gamers are that easily convinced, there is a lot of competition in the genre.
Anyway, I like the details, the faultless interface, the graphics, the realism and the atmosphere. I dont care about a storyline.
Compared to racing games, COD is the Gran Turismo of shooters... but its all a matter of taste ofcourse.

MW2 multiplayer still leaves me with some questions, and its hard to find answers.
How do Perks work? How to upgrade them? What are Customizable Killstreaks? Does it the icons I see at the bottom right got to do with anything?

Maybe a link where I can find basic tips for multiplayer would be nice. I am new to this you know
I have searched around, but insider explanations of things are not helping me much

Perks, rack up some kills and the perks will become self evident. They all go to making you a leaner & meaner soldier wink

fookin 'ell, the mailman must be having fun this weekend.

practise while you can fellow bots, cuz i'm gonna give u a whipping wink

I think I can join in around 20:30 (Holland time).

I like the SP, it is more easy than multiplayer big_smile I got killed really a lot today, getting zero pppfff hope I can improve my reaction speed over some time, that's mainly it.

Strictly Rockaas

Obi1r wrote:

I think I can join in around 20:30 (Holland time).

I like the SP, it is more easy than multiplayer big_smile I got killed really a lot today, getting zero pppfff hope I can improve my reaction speed over some time, that's mainly it.

I' ll try and go in a tad later this evening, probably 20.30 uk time. With the multiplayer its all about practice, then modify those perks to suit your combat needs.

I reached level 6, so I named my clan RFR.
Dunno how to set up a RFR game so you guys invite me

Strictly Rockaas

i am now idling in IRCnet's #ifm room

message me if you want to get down and i will be glad to try out some shit this weekend smile i am in GMT -6.

Close to level 10 now. Slowly making progress, new personal record: 6 kills, 3 deaths big_smile

Strictly Rockaas

still haven't got my copy. if i do not get it today i will have to pay a visit to the sanitarium

heifetz wrote:

still haven't got my copy. if i do not get it today i will have to pay a visit to the sanitarium

Did you order with play.com? Had to wait ages for my copy of KZ2 (well it seemed like ages).

I'm level 17 or st. now. Had a blast last night. Dunno if the invites are already working, should try it later this week.

Just finished single player, good fun maybe a little too chaotic (played on next to most difficult level) at times. Is anyone on MP with an xbox360?

klart: ordered via play.com yeah, got it just now actually! hopefully will have some time this evening to try it

Great heifetz, finally!
Invites are working btw...  maybe we should set one up later tonite, anything after 21:00 is fine for me (The Hague time)

Strictly Rockaas

I' d be up for some [RFR] action tonight.

played this for an hour just now. the multiplay seems to be a bit more complex than MW1 but at the same time somewhat numb. the sounds and effects are more cartoonish than before and overall is more arcade-like. maybe i played too much hardcore deathmatch in MW1 (i never play the normal deathmatch mode), but i still like MW1 better. maybe once i get to level 19 and unlock the hardcore mode i can say for certain what i think about this.

the supply drops are a nice touch, and i can see the choice of weapons is much wider.

obi1r: can't make the RFR action tonight though, i can only play when the lady is not in the house :0

heifetz; my lady is bound & gagged before I start up online action. Can you be more specific about the hardcore deathmatch in comparison with MW2?

Strictly Rockaas