Topic: what's a Yamaha CS15 worth?

I need some info on how much a Yamaha CS15 is worth these days, for an insurance claim.

Re: what's a Yamaha CS15 worth?

i'd guess 400-500 dollars? so maybe 300-350 euro? maybe a little more, i dunno

I'd say 550-600 USD.

teknob wrote:

I need some info on how much a Yamaha CS15 is worth these days, for an insurance claim.

???? Stolen????

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

nah, this enquiry is for a friend of mine who had it stored in a garage in australia. The roof collapsed, and according to the insurance company the CS15 is a total loss. Another friend in Melbourne will take a look at it, just to confirm the state of the synth. There was other stuff there, like a jupiter 4, nord, ms2000, but I havn't heard about those.

sounds horrific, like a massacre of sorts.

The last three CS15s that were advertised for sale on the Analogue Heaven list were for: 575 Euro, 550 Euro and then 500 Euro.

teknob: Check the syntacheles-list on amazona.de for that kind of info, very useful!

score100 wrote:

teknob: Check the syntacheles-list on amazona.de for that kind of info, very useful!

thanks for the tip... i normally don't browse the german internet much

sold mine not long ago for about 550

yow, jeez, i guess they've gone up a lot in price. i would see them for 300-350 us dollars not that long ago...

All old analogue synths are going up. They're not going to stop either. Soon SH101's will be 1000 dollars. 808's couple of thousand. Case of supply and demand.

People will remember fondly the days when you could pick up a CS 15 for "only" 600. Better grab 'em while you can! smile

Next will be early digital synths (better stock up on those JD 800's) and probably samplers. After that who knows, maybe early soundcards and digital drum machines. If in any doubt check the latest pronouncement from Sr. Villalobos:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/10/2 … #more-8137

The samplers will never go up again. The old mpc

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

sure they will. in future days people will love that ''vintage 90's 16-bit cd sound''.. big_smile

samplers are going up

ppl ask me about ..and how to get ..

Casio samplers
Old Dynacord
Roland S 50,550
emax , emu II, sp12
Yamaha TX16W
Akai S900 s950
korg DSS1 DSM1

want lofi sound with filters  now when they are cheap
..like 303 in end of 80s

hhehee

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

Akai S900 s950 are dirt cheap here!!! 110-120

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

17 (edited by plikestechno 2009-11-04 07:30:33)

There's been a hilariously ironic Ableton and softsynth backlash in the minimal techno community for awhile. Laptops are ok for sets so you don't have to do any work while you're out but your studio better be decked out with hardware.

Maybe that's what's driving up analog's price right now. It's cool to have the real deal again.

And as far as the digital stuff goes I guess people need something to touch. I ditched my DX7IIFD because I was more than happy with the emulations on my Oasys PCI and Ableton.

Possibilities are endless with what's out for computers now as far as pads, effects and acoustic simulations are concerned. But they're a boring pain so everyone just uses the presets. Hilarious.

plikestechno wrote:

There's been a hilariously ironic Ableton and softsynth backlash in the minimal techno community for awhile. Laptops are ok for sets so you don't have to do any work while you're out but your studio better be decked out with hardware.

Maybe that's what's driving up analog's price right now. It's cool to have the real deal again.

ha! yes, blame it on those minimal techno people :-P i think you may be onto something tho, i have some minimal tech friends who got really into gear relatively recently, i figured it was an anomaly, but maybe it really is a trend....
now only if the minimal techno scene would embrace playing vinyl again...then maybe we could have some more record stores....

19 (edited by plikestechno 2009-11-05 10:03:01)

I can't remember where I read it but some renowned techno egghead was sneering about Ableton being for "making trance" like somehow trance was the lowest form of music there is.

Some machines I've noticed rising fast are 707s, TG33s and Casio CZ synths.

707s def seem more popular these, prices rising. pro-ones as well.

Is Ableton not just a sample loop player? ok, its got a few more addons these days but it always seemed a bit of a cross between acid and the 4-dex Reaktor ensemble monolake made.  I'd have thought trance would be better made with reason or rebirth type things, not a sample player.  In fact, i can see how ableton could be used in a live setting but can't understand the working process for completing a studio track just using using 1/2/4 bar loops.  seems a boring way to compose.

plikestechno wrote:

I can't remember where I read it but some renowned techno egghead was sneering about Ableton being for "making trance" like somehow trance was the lowest form of music there is.

Not all trance is bad:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ3pkY_11kg[/youtube]

Ah, 1993 chewing my lips off in a sweaty basement.

no, some trance is terrible

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

ekranoplan wrote:

Is Ableton not just a sample loop player?

No, not at all. 

It is a very capable and extremely flexible MIDI sequencer.  It is my MIDI sequencer of choice for my hardware synths (and that's after years and years of using Cubase).   

ekranoplan wrote:

ok, its got a few more addons these days but it always seemed a bit of a cross between acid and the 4-dex Reaktor ensemble monolake made.

I can see how it might seem that way if you haven't spent any time with it.  It is SO much more than that.

ekranoplan wrote:

In fact, i can see how ableton could be used in a live setting but can't understand the working process for completing a studio track just using using 1/2/4 bar loops.  seems a boring way to compose.

That's absolutely a boring way to compose.  Anyone who uses Live this way is totally missing the point and might as well just stick with making prefabricated music in GarageBand.

For one, you are not restricted to just using loops.  You can write your music in a completely linear fashion on a timeline just like any other sequencer.  If you do use loops, you are not bound by fixed-length loops at all.  You can have one loop that is 4 bars long running alongside another loop that is 57 bars long running alongside another loop that is 3 bars and 14 steps long running alongside...  wink

The best thing about Live for me is how much it aides the composition process.  If you want to work in a pattern-based fashion like with a hardware sequencer, it will do that.  If you want to work in a linear fashion like you're recording to tape, it'll do that too.  If you want to bounce back and forth between these two working methods, no problem.  It is so flexible in this regard that Cubase and Logic seem like outdated junk.

Ugh...I guess that lengthy post make me the resident Ableton fanboy.  Oh well.  smile

I had a brief play with it years ago.  Thanks for explanation, i might revisit it at some point though i've enough tools to play with at the mo...