Topic: Lists on Discogs

Anyone made lists on Discogs yet? I think it's a great feature.

I've made one for ambient: http://www.discogs.com/lists/My-Favouri … lbums/3778

If you also have list it would be great to share them.

"A Real Music Hater"

Re: Lists on Discogs

cannot be arsed so far wink and I would be constantly changing my lists, zou dweilen met de kraan open worden..

Chris Meloche - Recurring Dreams Of The Urban Myth
One long drone of deep space music.

one of my favourites. Original recording was like 6 or 7 hours long for a radio station.

cool Ray!

nice with the remarks, I'm an ambient freak but don't know much about it.. yet

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

5 (edited by moguh 2009-11-03 18:27:33)

meschi wrote:

one of my favourites. Original recording was like 6 or 7 hours long for a radio station.

Is in my all time top 3. It's like being sucked into an airplane engine in slow motion.

Tonight at 23:00 on In Deep Space

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

Zoviet France - Mohnomishe

not sure about this being their best, ever listened to the Gris 10"

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

e,r wrote:

Zoviet France - Mohnomishe

not sure about this being their best, ever listened to the Gris 10"

yes I did, it's good but not as good as Mohnomishe wink But after all, a list is personal wink

"A Real Music Hater"

Zubeldia wrote:

cannot be arsed so far wink and I would be constantly changing my lists, zou dweilen met de kraan open worden..

yep same here.. changing everyday.. aard van het beestje

Vlam Aan

I think it's a cool feature, so I started one: http://www.discogs.com/lists/My-favouri … cords/6130 smile

btw the lists are not set in concrete, you can change them as you like.

10 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-04 11:23:18)

^^ Nice. On no. 2 =>Midnight Passion - I Need Your Love = ROCKIN'

When I find the patience and good mood I'll think of a list. Would be one each for the genres: italo, disco, synthpop, new-beat and maybe some others.

"Are you loving?"

moguh wrote:
meschi wrote:

Is in my all time top 3. It's like being sucked into an airplane engine in slow motion.

It was you who put me onto it.
Missed it last night. Dont have internet in the house yet!!

meschi wrote:
moguh wrote:
meschi wrote:

It was you who put me onto it.
Missed it last night. Dont have internet in the house yet!!

meschi, you have a new house?

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

13 (edited by narcisco 2009-11-26 02:37:22)

Made a list of 50 favourite (electronic) disco records in my collection, in no particular order:
http://www.discogs.com/lists/Great-elec … cords/7365

Still working on it and maybe adding comments to all records later.

narcisco wrote:

Made a list of 50 favourite (electronic) disco records in my collection, in no particular order:

A very good list, there's some stuff in it that I have to check out, digging now smile

"A Real Music Hater"

@ hysteric
97 After The Snow - Fracture
i hated this record the first time i played it, now i love it

-> ha, ha, ha... really? i loved that one from the beginning.
it's so unbelievable cold, dark and intense... and what a beautiful voice that guy has, just perfect for that kind of music!

narcisco wrote:

That is a great list. I also love the b-side to that Bamalama track. Need to check out Tod Foster. Thanks for sharing your list!

http://www.discogs.com/lists/My-Favouri … cords/6708

This is my list of favourite Italo-Disco records, I guess most of you hardcore Italo-freaks will find this a bit of a clich

"A Real Music Hater"

mcdan wrote:
narcisco wrote:

That is a great list. I also love the b-side to that Bamalama track. Need to check out Tod Foster. Thanks for sharing your list!

Tod Foster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtx3qIqdSzI

I once found it on some sort of fleamarket, and bought it, because I saw it was produced by Bobby "O"
I later found out the song was also done by Joy Michael. The Tod Foster version is more subtle.  I always wondered if this is the first Bobby "O" production, it's at least one of his earliest works that I know of.

@Ray van Mechelen
Nice list, there's some stuff that I haven't heard yet. These lists are nice to discover new things.
Gonna make an Italo list some time soon.

narcisco wrote:

I once found it on some sort of fleamarket, and bought it, because I saw it was produced by Bobby "O"
I later found out the song was also done by Joy Michael. The Tod Foster version is more subtle.  I always wondered if this is the first Bobby "O" production, it's at least one of his earliest works that I know of.

also this version, pretty cool:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVxVz5nm … r_embedded[/youtube]

Queen Of Blood wrote:

-> ha, ha, ha... really? i loved that one from the beginning.
it's so unbelievable cold, dark and intense... and what a beautiful voice that guy has, just perfect for that kind of music!

i guess i was expecting something different when i bought it and really didn't like it, but pulled the record out about a year later and realised how great it is.

excellent, excellent lists, ray van mechelen & hysteric!

currently I'm listening to hysteric's tracks on youtube one after the other. don't ask me why but I find the fact very bizarre and delighting at the same time, that there's s.o. like 16.000 km's away from my place and so much enjoying these records, too... :-)))

ha, and it's great to read the comments on youtube too, f.ex. one on "Colors - Never Mind":

"My husband was crying listening to this song. Tears of JOY !! The whole gang here in Denver was so happy to finally hear this song again. TY much for posting!! Weve been looking for this song for so long. TY so much for posting. Appreciate it. This is the song that my husband gave me when we started going out way back 1986. It really makes me happy listening. My husband is very happy too!!"

El Replicante wrote:

currently I'm listening to hysteric's tracks on youtube one after the other. don't ask me why but I find the fact very bizarre and delighting at the same time, that there's s.o. like 16.000 km's away from my place and so much enjoying these records, too... :-)))

smile this is nice to read, a lot of these records have some personal significance to me (played during bad times, etc)

@Hysteric

Didn't know that version yet. Thanks! smile Sounds nice.

hysteric wrote:
El Replicante wrote:

smile this is nice to read, a lot of these records have some personal significance to me (played during bad times, etc)

And this one is beautiful too:

Thank you for sharing this with me Triggerfs, I have been listening to this song in my room for the last 5 hours having an emotional breakdown.

This track breaks my heart two ways, first the percussion through the track.. amazing..

The final destruction to my soul comes at 3:27ish when he starts beckoning to her, and then the final "but if you want it, you got it...." and thats when the tears pour out....

^^^^
That's a comment for Lame' - You've Got The Night , great song...and very expensive damned!

"A Real Music Hater"

LOL @ comment Lame - You've.. smile

The lists in this thread are very nice btw.. cool to check out some unknown material!