Topic: London

So it looks like I'll be in London Sept 15-22.

I remember a month or so ago though, there was talk of a cbs party in Holland on the 20th. Does it look like that is still going to happen?

Is there a good way, besides flying, to get to Holland from London?

Also, what are some good neighborhoods to possibly stay in or visit in London?

Re: London

Not sure about best way to get to Holland other than by plane. There used to be an overnight coach that left London on a friday night and went to Amsterdam (nicknamed the Canna-bus)

As for areas in london - best neighborhoods to stay in depend on your budget

r2dj wrote:

Not sure about best way to get to Holland other than by plane. There used to be an overnight coach that left London on a friday night and went to Amsterdam (nicknamed the Canna-bus)

As for areas in london - best neighborhoods to stay in depend on your budget

A couple nights might be lower budget, but the others I have points for free stays at the American chains, you know the marriots, hiltons, holiday inns and what not because I have been traveling a lot for work.

4 (edited by r2dj 2008-07-22 20:19:41)

Well there is a Marriott at the top of Park Lane. So you are on the corner of Hyde Park and the end of Oxford Street. And you are on the central line to get down towards Covent Garden and further out towards Liverpool Street and the East End.

I guess it depends if you want to be near the best shops (i.e. the west end) or near the cool clubs & bars (i.e. the east end, hoxton, old street etc.

If you can find anywhere to stay in Clerkenwell you get the best of both worlds 'cos it is in the middle.

I had my wedding reception the Zetter Rooms in Clerkenwell that is nice but not cheap.

There is also the Rookery which is dripping with character but also not cheap

I think there is a Thistle Hotel in the area too which is a bit cheaper

you can get between london and amsterdam on the train and ferry for 25 quid, but it takes a good part of a day to do it: http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/rail-and-sail/holland/ quite good fun if there's a few of you doing it though.

best area of london is a bit subjective. most of the good parties go on around dalston and hackney, but i wouldn't want to stay in those areas particularly. also brixton/clapham/herne hill is a nice part of london - but not very touristy. greenwich is also a good area.

Awesome, you guys have been a great help. I'll keep my eyes out for parties too in the party forum. When it gets closer we'll have to make arrangements to meet up.

I will be with one of my best girlfriends, so it will be a blast.

Ah yeah , would be good to meet you miss.. Drinks for sure,
Dont forget you can also get the Eurostar to belguim and then a train to A'dam R'dam ect... Start looking now you can get some cheap tickets.
http://www.eurostar.com

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

dirtieblonde wrote:

Awesome, you guys have been a great help. I'll keep my eyes out for parties too in the party forum. When it gets closer we'll have to make arrangements to meet up.

I will be with one of my best girlfriends, so it will be a blast.

not this damn time sister robot

I've moved to sunnier climers

jonny five wrote:

best area of london is a bit subjective. most of the good parties go on around dalston and hackney, but i wouldn't want to stay in those areas particularly

fighting talk from the south london massive!

keep hackney crap

byron wrote:
jonny five wrote:

best area of london is a bit subjective. most of the good parties go on around dalston and hackney, but i wouldn't want to stay in those areas particularly

fighting talk from the south london massive!

dont mess wae the southeast bexleyheath krew... or else:P

I will be in the capital with my robette over the weekend friday 13th and sat 14th september. Are there any good parties over this weekend, in the disco, italo, electro vein? Also what record shops are not to be missed? and any other general tips regarding good record shops(second hand and new), places to eat and drink etc?

thanks guys!

not sure about parties in september yet, will keep an eye out...

these can all be pretty good for rekids:

CRAZY BEAT, 87 Corbets Tey Road, Upminster
SOUL & DANCE EXCHANGE, 42 Notting Hill
MUSIC & VIDEO EXCHANGE, 23 Greenwich Church St, Greenwich
CASBAH RECORDS & other places on Greenwich market
HONEST JON

If you are gonna go to Sounds of the Universe, add to that list:

RECKLESS RECORDS, 30 Berwick Street
PHONICA, 51 Poland Street
SISTER RAY, 34-35 Berwick Street

they are right close by and worth a look if your in that part of town.

meschi wrote:

SISTER RAY, 34-35 Berwick Street

this one shut down the other week i think.

really... oh well. wasnt the best by a long shot.

Alright !! So I've purchsed a ticket to london on the 15th. Then I'll be heading to amsterdam towards the 20th for the Necroparty. I haven't been out of my tiny country for a while now !!

- dirtieblonde -
I was thinking of getting there by the train and ferry, but yeah, seems it would be nicer to travel with others. would you like to join me?

17 (edited by IvyHeights 2008-08-20 14:29:53)

ill be around too....this necro party get more temping by the minute...is it really add up to 25 quid by train and ferry or is that for each, each way or something?..maybe we pretend to be a family and strip the price right down

Deathcrush '99

its

jonny five wrote:

its

keep hackney crap

cool. the ferry is a pretty tedious way of getting across the north sea on the whole, but its quite fun in a group.

i found flights to einhoven for 30 quid each way..well they are free but the the tax is 30 quid..then its train for an hour i think

Deathcrush '99

22 (edited by dishwashers union 2008-08-20 19:21:11)

yes i think it would be nice as a group ! smile
any of you bots want to meet me that week for a beer in london?

i think the ferry is in the morning though, very early if i remember correctly?

I can meet for a beer... but cant come sad

Yeah, let's all take the ferry together. I'll have a friend with me too, so we will have a nice group of robots and robettes. Can we drink on the ferry? Were you thinking of going on Fri or Sat? Do ferry tickets tend to sell out, should we buy in advance?

I get in touch with all of you soon to get your e-mails and numbers and stuff so we can meet up when I am there.

Me & Jonny did the ferry run fror the 2nd Microparty on SS Stubnitz. Had a blast and got quite piddley going to & coming back from The Hook of Holland. Recommended, fo sho.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Travel → London