26 (edited by dishwashers union 2008-08-21 13:51:48)

Re: London

dirtieblonde wrote:

Yeah, let's all take the ferry together. I'll have a friend with me too, so we will have a nice group of robots and robettes. Can we drink on the ferry? Were you thinking of going on Fri or Sat? Do ferry tickets tend to sell out, should we buy in advance?

I get in touch with all of you soon to get your e-mails and numbers and stuff so we can meet up when I am there.

i don't know, we'll have to check on the sites if you gotta order in advance.. I wonder how long it takes to get there by ferry?
I will try to find some info soon (im totaly choked up with work here at my job, now that they know they ain't gonna have me here for a whole 2weeks!! big_smile)

27 (edited by meschi 2008-08-25 16:05:23)

Thought I would add a couple of record fairs. I think Im gonna go check these out next week.

London, Wimbledon, St. Marks Church, next one: 06/09/08.
First Saturday of every month. open 11:00 - 17:00

London, International Students House, 229 Great Portland Street, next one: 07/09/08.
Cant find much info on this one, I think this is once every three months. If I find out more ill post up.

Orpington, Crofton Halls, next one: 07/09/08.
For anyone out in the South-East. Particularly close to me.

I havent been to any of these, so once Ive checked them out or if anyone else has done so, let us know if theyre any good. Also if you know of any more, Ill add them here for nice big list smile... grand

cool

Jealous robot - can't join you :-(

Any update on some parties or cool bars playing disco italo cosmic etc in the weekend september fri 12th and sat 13th??
can't wait - never been to Londinium b4 wink
thanks

I think there's something on 13th with Ali Renault and Casionova at the Corsan Bar on Kingsland Road.

That sound right up my street! def be attending. Cheers for the tip.

meschi wrote:

I can meet for a beer... but cant come sad

can't come to the necroparty you mean?
those fairs seem interesting. too bad i won't be there at those dates.

dishwashers union wrote:
meschi wrote:

I can meet for a beer... but cant come sad

can't come to the necroparty you mean?

yeah. smile

As my trip to London approaches, I wanted to ask London resident bots for any tips regarding dining out.

I want to go to a traditional London Pie/chop and mash place, a really good place for a curry,  and also keen on Turkish/Arabic style places.

And ready to hear absolutely any tips about London places-

We are going to the Francis Bacon and Cy Twombley exhibs at the Tate and Tate(Modern), gonna check some museums and shops, gonna go see Ali Renault and Casionova @ the Korsan on sat nite and go to Kew Gardens on the sunday so far........

35 (edited by r2dj 2008-09-09 14:28:09)

There is a good chop house on the South Bank on Shad Thames, a bit expensive but very good, I just can't remember what it is called.

Alternatively, The Quality Chop House on Farringdon Road is supposed tob e good.

The best curry I have had in London is at a restaurant called Manus. But that is out in Stratford. There are also some good places to eat Indian in Tooting.

Alterntively there are some new-fangled Indian places centrally. Masala Zone (in Soho & Islington) is pretty good. You can get a thali with a variety of tasty dishes on it.

I think we should head to Rotterdam on the Friday so I can record shop Saturday. What do you guys think?

Is there a website for the ferry? I may want to buy the tickets a head of time just in case.

thx! Be there soon.

damn! well it seems i'm not going to be in  London at those dates, (more towards the 27th of sept.)
Im going to Beijing (!! )  and then will come to the Necroparty from there on the 19th. Anyone taking the ferry on the way back to london??
Well you guys have a nice trip!
* meschi - so we can have a beer in london after the 27th  smile

Ill be in London from 26th till 29th of september.

dishwashers union wrote:

Im going to Beijing (!! )

poor you...
c ya at the party

So poor i can hardly wait  big_smile

dishwashers union wrote:

* meschi - so we can have a beer in london after the 27th  smile

for sure.

42 (edited by meschi 2008-09-09 19:46:39)

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

Ill be in London from 26th till 29th of september.

http://livemusic.fm/node/28113

im goin smile

would be great but its cancelled... sad

http://www.jazzcafelive.com/newsandeven … p;zoneid=1

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

would be great but its cancelled... sad

http://www.jazzcafelive.com/newsandeven … p;zoneid=1

sad oh well. back to the cafe for my money back then.

oh yeah! -  so what's happening in london from the 26th-ish september  till the 5th-ish of october??

crap, my friend who I was going to stay with didn't get his flat.

Anyone know of any reasonable hotels or hostels?

www.merlyncourthotel.com

cheap and  meant to be pretty good. In Kensington near Earls court tube stop.

im around too...that bag fast sausage place on kingland rd  is good if you need britist quickish

Deathcrush '99

Hey London robots,

I got an email from dirtieblonde today and she is here in london.
anyone fancy meeting up tuesday evening after work for a few beers?
let me know and i'll arrange something with her

keep hackney crap

byron wrote:

Hey London robots,

I got an email from dirtieblonde today and she is here in london.
anyone fancy meeting up tuesday evening after work for a few beers?
let me know and i'll arrange something with her

I got it aswell.

tuesday evening sounds good to me man.