Topic: What usb turntable to buy?

My brother is having his birthday this weekend and wants one of those usb turntables to record records with.
Anyone knows which ones are good?

Re: What usb turntable to buy?

hmmm... its kinda expensive.
He does have 2 technics 1210's so he wont need it for dj purpose just to record direct into his pc.
(i know he could do it just by putting a cable between his mixer and pc but wtf... it's his b-day)

What about a nice audio interface? Probably cheaper than a USB deck and more flexible

Echo Audiofire 2 or 4

Edirol FA66

is it possible to record in .wav with the tti ?

Tune in to Pitchounet Radio (24/7) : http://pitchounet.serverroom.us:4360/listen.pls
"The Swiss Fondue Mixture", LIVE each Wednesday 22:00-23:00 on IFM1
MIXES MIXES MIXES

I'm also looking for an easy and not too expensive way to store my records in .mp3 format. Dunno about those USB turntables though. The Cortex iKey Plus seems like a nice alternative: http://www.new-line.nl/webshop/view.asp?i=24247.
It records live to .wav or .mp3 format (with selectable bit rate, up to 320kbps) and it's way more compact than another turntable.
+ your brother could also record his mixes or whatever else with this tool...

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

whatever you do, don't buy those cheap turntables you find at the grocery store for less than 100 euro. their elements and needles are so bad its not even funny.

basically any of the numark, reloop, whatever turntables with usb out is good, as long as you put decent elements on them. recording format doesn't matter, just use software like audacity or sound forge and you can save in any format you want.
so stentec, if you brother already has 1210's, he can put his own cartridges on the new turntable. or you can buy him an amp (phono-line converter) so he can plug his turntable into the line in of the computer..