Topic: Krakow

Im going to krakow in august, what are nice places to go? Museum, bar, restaurant, club, recordshop etc...

Re: Krakow

I loved krakow always.... for me the most important cultural city in poland (beside Bydgoszcz, where I spend much more time). You`ll have a good time there... promise! (even if there are not so many record shops around)

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

I'm off to Krakow this weekend to see robo-gods KRAFTWERK... any suggestions for places to drink... dance... find rare Polectro records?

4 (edited by Paudical 2008-09-18 01:02:23)

I ate in a lovely restaurant outdoors in the jewish quarter. don't remember the name but there were loads of nice eateries around there

Jewish quarter called 'Kazimierz' is indeed a nice place to visit. Lost of nice spots to have a drink or have dinner.
I can recommend renting a bike as it is a nice easy city to bike around.
Havent seen any recordshops or 2nd hand shops at all. If you have time left I would go and take a guided tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau. Will cost u like 20euro and will take +/- 5hours. Really impressive.

the restaurants of Kazimierz are recommended.
as for recordshops i've been in one, can't remember the name, but it wasn't good anyway.
clubs, i played in place called Pausa it's in the center it was nice venue, they got super cool basement but i'm nt sure it open every night

it's cool city, enjoy

Thanks for the tips... unfortunately the weather forecast is for cold and wet, so I may have to pass up on the bike hire...

bump. im going there this weekend, staying until next tuesday. what should i definitely not miss besides kazimierz and auschwitz?

the salt mines at Wieliczka are a bit of a tourist trap, but never the less interesting if you have the time. I would spend the 4 days though just eating and drinking in Kazimierz and the old town.

teknob: yeah, that was actually my plan all along. just wanted to look cultural. big_smile

what a city, fucking awesome. beautiful architecture, cheap and good food, cheap and good beer, friendly people, walls packed with history. i strongly recommend it!

glad you liked it!