Topic: R.I.P Technics

"Technics will be stopping production on their universally loved Technics 1200s and Technics 1210s.
In a statement re-posted on dance board Global Hardstyle, the company behind the production of the Technics turntables Panasonic announced that they would cease the manufacture of Tehcnics turntables in February next year, citing an increasing decline in sales as the motivation behind the line

Re: R.I.P Technics

sad

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

hmm...

its still on the front page here: www.technics.co.uk
and no press releases regarding end of line
i've never even heard of Global Hardstyle, what kind of source is that?

4 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-11-27 16:39:16)

Hmm, yeah you might be right.. I just checked and now it's just 'they're taking certain products off the market in certain countries, that's all. UK distributor has confirmed this' .. So I guess it's not really RIP after all .. sorry was too quick I guess.. Let's see how the story develops.. Ahh, somebody should edit the topic title

5 (edited by ytz 2009-11-27 16:42:58)

they're stopping/discontinuing mk2s but mk 5s and mk6s will continue

edit: anger subsiding

cuties don't exert

it makes sense production will drop off as more people rely on digital music.  anyways, technics are pretty well made pieces of kit, i'm expecting mine to last well into next decade at least.

rip yourself: http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=603

and no official word from panasonic/technics until this moment - the clash of information is a real mess!

why discontinue the mk5 while not discontinueing the mk2 ? total bullshit.

I don't believe anything until panasonic/technics gives out a official statement... only rumors and hoaxes on the net - that sucks!

It's bullshit

It would be strange to see this happen, but the text so far isn't convincing.. MK2's seem to be in steady demand and the price point hasn't budged.