Topic: IKEA BRODER semi panic!

The ikeas sales department has decided to can the slanted shelvholders and blocking pieces for the broder range. This means that they have stopped shipping them to the stores and they will be phased out before 1. Feb. So if any of you bots were thinking about getting them for your cockpit I suggest that you make a quick move at you local Swedish furniture pusher.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/6305/fotopq.jpg

The normal shelves will still be available.

Btw. This is the begining of my new setup...

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Re: IKEA BRODER semi panic!

this means that they will be available up to the 1st of Februray 2010? If so, I can get them in January..

I'll get some Ikea stuff when i move to my new place.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

looks like a drumband ready to go.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

theres always stolmen series.

I think Broder is better for heavy stuff like synths etc.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

I like use stolman. Considered Border, but stolman is more flexible and prettier IMO.

alex_d_steak wrote:

this means that they will be available up to the 1st of Februray 2010? If so, I can get them in January..

Nope. This means that what ever is left at the stores now will be sold and they wont recive any new shipments... The reson i called the topic semi panic is because here in Copenhagen I just bought the last ones!

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

you dont wanna place heavy stuff on shelves from the stolmen series. Its the softest metal i have ever touched. You can put marks in it with your fingernails, and it bends without any effert

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

nah, stolmen is sturdy enough, handles Juno6, Polysix, Jx8p, etc at my place.

The cool thing with the broder stuff (at least the one with the -central- posts) is that the shelves can be  tilted at a variety of angles, so stuff higher up can be tilted more.

Erroraudio wrote:
S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

you dont wanna place heavy stuff on shelves from the stolmen series. Its the softest metal i have ever touched. You can put marks in it with your fingernails, and it bends without any effert

I have 2 stolmen with each 5 levels of synths and never had a problem.
At one side I have: DX-7, Juno106, Juno60, Tr-808, Sh-101, Ms-10 and Ms-20 without any bending whatever.
The ones you have look more heavy tho. I might change my stolmen for this as I want to change the whole setup of my studio and if you can put them in diffferent angles I can go up higher.

In IKEA Zuerich Spreitenbach, the BRODER is listed as still available.
In fact I was there today, hoping to get what I need, but some parts were not available (the diagonal holders, in fact).

I wasn't able to talk to any of the IKEA guys, but I plan to go there again next week and see how is the situation.

If it should not be available any longer, I am thinking of building a 5 keyboard stand on my own, doing some sketches
right now (don't want to pay 300 euri for the Jaspers).

A.

Here in the UK, they have BRODER in the latest printed catalogue but it looks like they're not stocking the adjustable angled brackets for the T shaped uprights.  I bought the L shaped ones with the fixed angled brackets recently.

@rockmanrock:
exactly what I am missing in Switzerland tongue

But I am already designing my own keyboard stand, made with solid wood smile

I need a pair of these ikea broder brackets. If any of you have them for sale please contact me.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/gmwAAMXQhuVRR1Vh/s-l300.jpg

I have a full system in the UK for sale...

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

17 (edited by fantomas 2017-08-19 23:26:42)

Stalker wrote:

I need a pair of these ikea broder brackets. If any of you have them for sale please contact me.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/gmwAAMXQhuVRR1Vh/s-l300.jpg

Wonder if you could make them by yourself/someone in a metal workshop... Are you using them as speaker stand or just shelves?

Shelves are prone to vibrations so i'm using them only for my desktop/rack synths. Finding some workshop to make identical ones was one of the options but lack of space stops me from buying more (unnecessary) gear so i decided to leave it as it is.

i have the same system and i use foam isolator pads ...no reverberations whatsoever