Re: Behringer Buys Midas

The need for oversampling comes from the nonlinear elements in the lumped element circuit approximation such as diodes, transistors and tubes. That's the main reason behind that analog sound.

I look forward to physical modeling stuff when desktop parallel computing really kicks in.

Monkey see, monkey do.

I'm all for the gear, I've got a room full of analogue equipment going into an analogue desk. However if you know what you're doing you can get excellent results out of a laptop and nothing else. Check out Monolake's latest album for an example of 100% software (Ableton, Max/MSP and a few Genelec 8040s) sounding amazing.

No mastering done on that album Skatter?

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

Yes it was mastered: "About the mastering: Mastering was done entirely in the analogue domain, using a selection of vintage and high end EQs running at 'hot levels'. This implies there is a certain degree of saturation going on in very loud parts due to electrical characteristics of the tubes, transistors and audio transformers involved, but that's it as far as non-linear behaviour is concerned."

55 (edited by teknob 2009-12-11 18:36:36)

after reading too many opinions on gearslutz today, i think I'll stay with my soundtracs mixes, and pair it witha pair of Echo Audiofire 12s

i think wife is disappointed as she was looking forward to me reducing the volume of 20 year old electronics in the house

OMG!!! Where is Rod????

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

OMG!!! Marshall Time Modulator!