Re: videogame soundtracks

Found a link now

Yeah that's a great intro, I have the game for Sega and it sounds even better:

It's max innit. Seems a bit more 8bit on the MegaDrive.

only one mentioned The Last Ninja (and chapter one, btw...)
But nobody considered The Last Ninja II???? I think that the WHOLE soundtrack of that game, made by the great Matt Gray is
a masterpiece... All the tracks (level loaders included) are a great example of composition... Some of you may say that the
tracks are too similar one to the other - but that is just intended, as TLN series is more similar to a movie (for plot and appeal)
rather than a videogame - even if it is big_smile

First of all, the classic music from TLN2 ("Central Park")... even the walls of all the apartments and houses I have been
living in my life know it at this point big_smile

I think that the reprise at 3:32 is something great...

I'll let you dig on your own on YT for the other levels' soundtracks, as there are too many and would fill up at least 3 pages tongue

a.

Last edited by alex_d_steak (2010-09-16 21:27:23)

Agree, Last Ninja II is sort of underrated

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

wipeout xl

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

alex_d_steak wrote:

only one mentioned The Last Ninja (and chapter one, btw...)
But nobody considered The Last Ninja II???? I think that the WHOLE soundtrack of that game, made by the great Matt Gray is
a masterpiece... All the tracks (level loaders included) are a great example of composition... Some of you may say that the
tracks are too similar one to the other - but that is just intended, as TLN series is more similar to a movie (for plot and appeal)
rather than a videogame - even if it is big_smile

First of all, the classic music from TLN2 ("Central Park")... even the walls of all the apartments and houses I have been
living in my life know it at this point big_smile

I think that the reprise at 3:32 is something great...

I'll let you dig on your own on YT for the other levels' soundtracks, as there are too many and would fill up at least 3 pages tongue

a.

nice one!  I kind of want to play it now

behold

feast at 6:40

homage to uk hardcore

Still adore the Mega Man II OST on NES.

And more on the classical tip the OST of MediEvel on Playstation 1. Would stick around on the map just to hear this track over and over again.

It just is..

Last edited by System (2010-10-05 20:55:50)

I hate my sick taste of music.

"Is that midnight L.A. time or, or Eastern Standard Time, or what? I mean, what timezone is God in anyway?"

http://soundcloud.com/AV15

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

can't remember if I already posted this, but anyway it's so great it deserves a repost

Not from an excisting game Domination (is it?) but this still remains one of my fave bond-scenes.

Last edited by Scarface (2013-04-04 13:51:06)

"Are you loving?"

Commodore 64 was my first computer. When I was kid I didn't appreciate it but now after a years I'm grateful to heavens for this machine. All that classic games with unforgettable music had very big influence on me. Live long C64!

Signal in / Signal out

wasted many hours on this Mad Max style.

"Is that midnight L.A. time or, or Eastern Standard Time, or what? I mean, what timezone is God in anyway?"

http://soundcloud.com/AV15