Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

--/~~~~ wrote:

lo..

one of the best songs of the past decade!

are you serious?!

I get some kind of 'Kinderen-voor-Kinderen goes cosmic' association..  tongue

Last edited by Freek (2010-03-07 15:59:37)

TB or not TB

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

Freek wrote:

'Kinderen-voor-Kinderen goes cosmic'

it just doesn't get any better than that!
it'a all so 2010!

so where was the vinyl version without pilooski edit?

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

Freek wrote:
--/~~~~ wrote:

lo..

one of the best songs of the past decade!

are you serious?!

I get some kind of 'Kinderen-voor-Kinderen goes cosmic' association..  tongue

I like this song a lot, but best of the decade... No. It's sweet, it's charming, and it's pretty good, but the best of the decade... In all fairness, isn't that a bit of a euphemism?

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

it makes me hope they bring back the death penalty.

Last edited by jayoverdose (2010-03-09 13:45:42)

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

Its got a jean luc picard sample in it...thats pretty badass

but yeah its got this koorknaapjes school flashback thing to it

Last edited by Squadra Smackos (2010-03-09 13:47:33)

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Its got a jean luc picard sample in it...thats pretty badass

in de remixen hebben ze hem eruit gehaald, een schande

Vlam Aan

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

What??? That was the whole essence of the track

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIILLLL i guess

That guy can sing pretty good tho

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

Brian Chinetti wrote:

In all fairness, isn't that a bit of a euphemism?

now way man, its a fallacy

keep hackney crap

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

Euphemism is not the right word indeed. But it is a cool track, I certainly would have loved it if my music lessons had been as cool. All we did was play Frère Jacques on those tiny xylophones.

Last edited by Brian Chinetti (2010-03-09 14:09:05)

35

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

anybody knows if this shit is gonne get a digital release?


Good enough for the cdj

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

yes, you can buy it through juno(download) on .wav (or 320kbps)
i think it's a cool release... nothing more, nothing less

Re: Jan Turkenburg - In My Spaceship

Brian Chinetti wrote:
Freek wrote:
--/~~~~ wrote:

lo..

one of the best songs of the past decade!

are you serious?!

I get some kind of 'Kinderen-voor-Kinderen goes cosmic' association..  tongue

I like this song a lot, but best of the decade... No. It's sweet, it's charming, and it's pretty good, but the best of the decade... In all fairness, isn't that a bit of a euphemism?

if i judge songs by impact this one is certainly in my top 10. It breathes spontanity, creativity, is totally out-of-wack. Made by a school teacher in his what? forties from a school in zwolle that lets his pupils sing on top. Simply stunning!

It doesnt happen that often i get grabbed by a new song but this was one of them...

On furnther ponderance...perhaps it would be cool to have something like the good ol' CBS top 100 but for the decade, with only songs from the timeframe. I'm curious what 10 years of electroclash and cocatronix has offered and delivered. What songs arrived with a bang but went out with a sizzle, and what were the steady growers into our collective subconscience?