Topic: Stanton Final Scratch question

Since I got a new soundcard with firewire I'm very happy:

http://www.tunnel-radio.nl/rss/img091228.jpg

I got it second hand from a friend and I'm using it for my music making but since he had one stanton fs standard record with it I'm curious about how this hole thing works.
I do have Traktor Scratch Pro software on the mac (which I used to help me make the megamix for the contest) so I thought I give it a try.
It doesn't seem to work now. All the outputs / inputs are connected and rechecked but I'm wondering: do you need a different record with every version of Traktor? (I have Traktor scratch pro but this system was build for Final Scratch 2.0. It would be lame to have a different timecode vinyl for every version but I wouldn't be supprised).

Thnx!

Re: Stanton Final Scratch question

Okey, after a day wasted with searching I came on the following:

The soundcard (Stanton Scratchamp 2) will work with Traktor Scratch pro for sound.
Using time code with this soundcard is however impossible since the Traktor Scratch is coupled to the Audio8 card or something. It can only use the timecode with that card. I read some things about people managing to get it work with other cards but found no explanation about it.

So: if somebody got the Stanton Scratchamp 2 to work with Traktor Scratch Pro 1.1.1 on a Mac 10.6 (haha, I think it's to specific but you can always try wink) please let me know so this day is not a total waste!

huh? that doesn't make sense. the sound from the records is just a time code signal (remember the sound you'd save to cassette on old computers, or old synths?) that traktor interprets. nothing to do with the sound card. it could be you have a version of traktor that doesnt work with time code records, or one that does but doesn't understand a FS record. thats possible. but the card itself is just a means of passing a signal, and it'll do that just fine.

No, I read that they coupled the hardware with the software in the later versions. For XP there seems to be a workaround but didn't find one for Mac yet.
And the timecode differs. The timecode of the old FS is a 1 khz signal and that of the new Traktor Scratch is 2 khz so all your tracks play way to fast when you use the 1 khz version.

So stupid: don't want to play digital, don't need to, but need to know! can't stand not getting something to work! (and so you spend 1,5 days searching for solutions to a problem that doesn't really exist. Good that I'm currently unemployed wink)