Topic: eastbloc italo?

We've seen already 5 pages of italian cultural imperialism on those poor brits. So what's the score in eastern europe?
I recall a few scattered examples of yugoslavian & polish origin mentioned on the forum. Would be nice to see them in one surveyable thread...

This is my favourite bulgaro track (thanks for that link you gave me SOS!)  :

Last edited by --/~~~~ (2010-01-02 01:33:18)

Re: eastbloc italo?

Russia

Hungary





Poland

Last edited by Mr. Satellite (2010-01-02 09:04:04)

depress the repress

Re: eastbloc italo?


time to post Australian italo topic?

Last edited by hysteric (2010-01-02 08:32:17)

Re: eastbloc italo?

@Satellite

the Yury Chernavsky video is great, is this track available on vinyl?

@Hysteric

yes we, want Australian italo also!

Last edited by EliasRafael (2010-01-02 09:18:14)

Europa has burned, and will burn again

Re: eastbloc italo?

EliasRafael wrote:

the Yury Chernavsky video is great, is this track available on vinyl?

Unfortunately not yet.
The banana islands album was an Cd release only, but i have the info from some russian guy that a vinyl release is in progress. smile
We will see.

Bye the way.

Here you can buy the album:
http://www.rstfond.ru/index.php?productID=4390

And here you can download it wink
http://rs452.rapidshare.com/files/16795 … an1983.zip

Last edited by Mr. Satellite (2010-01-02 10:32:23)

depress the repress

Re: eastbloc italo?

i love that first Modern H

Re: eastbloc italo?

--/~~~~ wrote:

i love that first Modern H

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Re: eastbloc italo?

uber cool video!

Re: eastbloc italo?

--/~~~~ wrote:

This is my favourite bulgaro track (thanks for that link you gave me SOS!)  :

damn dude big_smile

 

Last edited by MANASYt (2010-01-02 17:13:24)

Re: eastbloc italo?

videosex - neonska reklama and other traxx from the first album
zona aktivnosti - snezhniy chelovek

lärm macht spass!

Re: eastbloc italo?

haha nice! really like Pogledyt na lyubovta.

what's with the girl on the left btw? is that some kind of punk folk outfit? big_smile

Re: eastbloc italo?

deutschmark wrote:

zona aktivnosti - snezhniy chelovek

youtube or it didnt happen!

Re: eastbloc italo?

--/~~~~ wrote:

haha nice! really like Pogledyt na lyubovta.

what's with the girl on the left btw? is that some kind of punk folk outfit? big_smile

LOL I wish I knew big_smile
means 'The Look Of Love'
ahaha

Re: eastbloc italo?

The Videosex track is great !
I also like the first bulgaro track , but the clip is really "dragostea din tei"style . hehe

Yugoslavia

depress the repress

Re: eastbloc italo?

--/~~~~ wrote:
deutschmark wrote:

zona aktivnosti - snezhniy chelovek

youtube or it didnt happen!

sorry smile

the quality is much worse than the mp3 I have tho..

lärm macht spass!

Re: eastbloc italo?

another soviet floor filler

Mirage - Video

lärm macht spass!

17

Re: eastbloc italo?

zona aktivnosti - snezhniy chelovek is brilliant! same feel as tenax...

cuties don't exert

Re: eastbloc italo?

don't know much from the soviet bloc but here are some ex-yu gems:



this is also a great video:

Re: eastbloc italo?

wow, computer break is great, never heard of it before

lärm macht spass!

Re: eastbloc italo?

deutschmark wrote:

wow, computer break is great, never heard of it before

But is it yugoslavo? wink

Re: eastbloc italo?

deutschmark wrote:

wow, computer break is great, never heard of it before

they are the same guys behind Sizike and also Data:

Re: eastbloc italo?

http://www.discogs.com/?????-?????-????/release/815355
this whole thing is a killer

Re: eastbloc italo?

Out of curiousity where those Japanese synth/drummachine brands easily available in Russia in those days? Or did the party gave them to the band cause they were famous or some stuff like that?

Re: eastbloc italo?

afaik, they were very expensive and very rare - these things weren't imported officially, you prolly could only get it from somebody you knew from a famous band or smth at terribly overblown black market prices.

I remember from a docu about polish rock band czerwone gitary where they say after a few first concerts in soviet union they were afraid to take their best instruments with them. local musicians would stalk them and get into their hotel rooms offering ridiculous money for like a fender guitar, money so high they would find hard to resist and would sell their favorite pieces. that's from what I know pretty much how scarce any of western or japanese instruments were.

and yeah some of the biggest the top pop stars and composers and tv and radio studios etc were able to furnish whole studios by ordering whatever they needed officially, I guess they would be granted they need that to keep churning out the right stuff.

Re: eastbloc italo?

Mr. Satellite wrote:
EliasRafael wrote:

the Yury Chernavsky video is great, is this track available on vinyl?

Unfortunately not yet.
The banana islands album was an Cd release only, but i have the info from some russian guy that a vinyl release is in progress. smile
We will see.

Bye the way.

Here you can buy the album:
http://www.rstfond.ru/index.php?productID=4390

And here you can download it wink
http://rs452.rapidshare.com/files/16795 … an1983.zip

this is brilliant, one of my favourite albums. any details on who is doing the vinyl release and what is the eta?

Posts [ 1 to 25 of 85 ]

Pages 1 2 3 4 Next

You must login or register to post a reply