Re: ++Gear Down!++ Repair Thread

Septicstudio wrote:
score100 wrote:

My nord lead 2 is not properly working since yesterday.
When I turn it on  sometimes it turns on properly, sometimes it only gives a small blink and then dies.
Or it turns on but only shows some random number on the display, and theres no output at all.

Would you think its something with the power supply? Cable broken or something?

Pretty pissed of since I just bought it 2 weeks ago. hmm

i read some stories on Nordlead synths beeing piky on their power they get fed.

maybe try it in a different outlet or in one which is a different powergroup in your house. Or try to replace the stock AC with one with a high Ampere spec. Sometimes the original AC powersupllies can barely cope with the gear they supposed to power.

Started working again without a reason, but yeah I

computerdisco wrote:
ProjectGenocide wrote:

battery is out cleaned it now its standing to dry

the mikmusic site says 2-3 hours. why you recomend 24 hours? you think 2/3 is to short?

Well as log as you think its dry!

I gave mine a really really good scrub and i was worried about water under the IC's.

put her back togheter after an hour or 3 worked fine exept for 2 or 3 keys gonna give them a special treatmetn wink

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

arrgh! another 80017a chip dead on my 106. Now I can keep stealing chips from the MKS7, which will also fail sometime, or trust this guy with 250euros http://www.analoguerenaissance.com/D80017A/
and get a whole set of 6, as well as 3 voice chips.
Any robots did this?

ProjectGenocide wrote:
computerdisco wrote:
ProjectGenocide wrote:

battery is out cleaned it now its standing to dry

the mikmusic site says 2-3 hours. why you recomend 24 hours? you think 2/3 is to short?

Well as log as you think its dry!

I gave mine a really really good scrub and i was worried about water under the IC's.

put her back togheter after an hour or 3 worked fine exept for 2 or 3 keys gonna give them a special treatmetn wink

Yeee haww! another pulled back from the brink.. Congratz man..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

thnx smile
it a great synth really love the sound and its great in combination with the my kpr77's and the solist 101. need to fix one of the solist its stuck cant be much.... and the vibrato doesnt work....

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

my bandmates jx3p seems to have developed an odd problem. yesterday, one voice seemed to be acting up, every fifth note would cut out. the problem resolved itself after turning off the synth for a minute. but today, a stranger thing occurred - it seems one of the synth's oscillators would get stuck on a note. a few patches would play fine, but on most patches, perhaps those where the oscillators were un-synced, you would get strange intervals. for instance, if the oscillator was stuck on C, and you played a C, it would sound fine, but if you played an E, it would play both an E and a C. anybody ever encounter something like this? any clue what might be causing it?

that broken one we have at the shop does the same sort of thing.. it kind of acts like the dead voice chip thing that juno's do.. maybe they have the same chip that goes bad. or dead battery? buy kerry's broken one and send them to main drag.

yeah it does seem like it could be some kind of voice chip issue, i've never heard of anything like that w/ the jx3p. interesting to know its not an entirely uncommon problem, at least...
replacing the battery is probably a relatively easy troubleshooting measure, though... how much is kerry's broken one btw?

184 (edited by automatique 2010-02-23 17:33:57)

i had a similar problem when i bought a second jx-3p (they are too good wink). it was bad packed. some pots were bend. but the major problem was, that every sixth played note was not hearable. running the sequencer showed it very easy. and some presets were dead too. i mailed Florian Anwander who has built a very usefull jx-3p website (http://fa.utfs.org/diy/jx3p/). but even he never heard of such strange behavior. he told me a kind of testmode. i could fix the dead presets but not the sixth voice. but he also told me, that there are not the same voice chips as in the juno. in the end i sent the jx-3p back and got my money back also.

btw: the impressed button on my jx-3p (mentioned one page before) is working again without any work... fews days after my posting it worked just fine again.

anyone know where I can get a Jomox X-Base09 fixed in Berlin? It syncs to MIDI but no sound comes out except a buzz. Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz it goes. Annoying.

I bought it 2nd hand so I doubt I could get it fixed by the company.

Or could I?

Help please.

oh, thanks for the site automatique - do you remember how to get into the test mode? that sounds like it would be useful

I can help you guys!

@ Maiovvi: sometimes it's just so simple wink http://www.jomox.de/contact.php?lang=1

@ SOS: http://organix.inque.org/download/Rolan … ration.pdf

188 (edited by no-fi 2010-02-24 13:54:38)

speculator wrote:

that broken one we have at the shop does the same sort of thing.. it kind of acts like the dead voice chip thing that juno's do.. maybe they have the same chip that goes bad. or dead battery? buy kerry's broken one and send them to main drag.

yep... the jx3p has the same filter/vca chips as the juno106..

189 (edited by automatique 2010-02-24 14:57:57)

are you sure? juno-106 uses 80017A (which is a combined IR3109 and BA662 i read somewhere) and jx-3p uses IR3109 and BA662 as single chips. If both juno-106 and jx-3p would use the same we must have heared about many more voice issues on jx-3ps i guess.

I'm trying to restore my Pro~One, and especially the pots and keys. I've found a place to order bushings, but in the meantime I'm trying to fix the scratchy pots. Just ordered Deoxit Faderlube, but somehow I don't think that will cut it. The pots feel awkward and different among themselves, so I reckon I'll have to open them up and give them a thorough cleaning. Do you have some tips or tricks here? Anything I shouldn't do? smile I assume that I need to relubricate the pot after opening, and I wonder if I should get some sort of grease for that instead of using the deoxit... Any feedback at all is super appreciated! smile

Looking for replacement pots for Pro~One in case my operation fails. Anyone?

192 (edited by ramos 2010-03-01 14:45:26)

have you tried turning the pots repeatedly?

here's a guide

http://www.carbon111.com/pro1.html

Thanks man. Yeah, I've devoured that one and everything else that I could find. I've tried turning them, ofcourse. The quality of the pots suck so incredibly hard! I will either give them a thorough cleaning or change them completely!

My Boss Dr 55 started to do a strange clock sound on the Accent...a bit useless...any idea?

hey A, what means strange?
my dr55 sends accented trigger (csq) only if the accent is programmed on every 4th note (flat beat basically).. i guess it's not the way it should be as well..

lärm macht spass!

Hey! It got a clock sound, that normally it should not exists...so is a bit useless, cause of course if i do not program the accent, i cant tring the synths.

about your topic, i know that the dr55 trig is very weak, probably u need to amplify it

The Deoxit Faderlube did miracles to those pots! I opened up one and cleaned the parts, but the ones I just sprayed works just as good. Fixed the double trigging keyboard while I was at it... It feels like I've got a new synthesizer! smile

I bought a KORG dw 8000 today.
everything works fine, only the arpeggiator  doesn't work. If I push on the arp buttom and hold a key nothing comes out. no sound. Also the arp speed light doesn't work if I move the speed slider up/down.

Some contact problem? Do I have to push some chips / contacts?

thanks!

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

GM wrote:

I bought a KORG dw 8000 today.
everything works fine, only the arpeggiator  doesn't work. If I push on the arp buttom and hold a key nothing comes out. no sound. Also the arp speed light doesn't work if I move the speed slider up/down.

Some contact problem? Do I have to push some chips / contacts?

thanks!

found it, the arp clock was assigned to midi not internal.

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

adding another issue to the list... now it's the Korg Radias having a funny issue...

The L/Mono channel lost a lot of db's compared to the R channel, and what is more funny is that the R channel alone should
not work (because of the L/Mono switching in the connector), but it works perfectly even when alone.

Before thinking that an Op has gone with the legs up, I suspect the mechanical channel switching is failing.
But I find it very strange, because when I first set it up in my rack/shelf, I never moved those connectors any more...
and it's around one year that is there now.

As soon as I have time I will open it and have a look...

a.