Topic: I need somewhere to live

thought I might try here as well:

Hello Good People Of Berlin!

As you may or may not know I have had a recent change of circumstance that now leaves me in the realm of looking for a new place to live. Those of you who do not know me, forgive the dramatic presentation of this communication, but I was instructed to write a both seemingly 'proper' and 'amazing' introduction to both the situation and myself.

My name is Tony and I am 29 years old. For the last few years I have been working as a theatre composer, sound artist, noise guy and more recently italo disco producer under the names Anton Maiof and Antoni Maiovvi respectively. I have been in Berlin since May 2009, though I spent the majority of the year touring, something I intend to keep doing in 2010.

Ideally I am looking for somewhere to live in the Kreuzberg / Neukolln / Treptow area, though I'm not particularly fussy about this, and to be honest as long as it is fairly near to a train station, not in an area full of massive racist bigots or nightly knife fights I'd be happy. I have regular money coming in and can pay up to 250 euros a month without a problem. I naturally would prefer this if included the bills.

I'm looking for somewhere that would allow me to move between the start of Feb and the end of March as my current living situation could end at any time between then.

The apartment would ideally have an internet connection.

Anyone who could possibly help me out, please get in touch.

Thank you

antonmaiof(at)gmail.com

Re: I need somewhere to live

chk mail!

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

right back at you sir!

I want to live in Berlin too! But....how do you earn a living over there? Not that easy to find a job, right?

C. wrote:

I want to live in Berlin too! But....how do you earn a living over there? Not that easy to find a job, right?

I make music. It's barely a living, but I have a much better quality of life over here than I did in the UK.

Not really good at making music, so not an option for me...Maybe I should apply for benefits and enjoy life in Berlin...;)

Maiovvi wrote:
C. wrote:

I make music. It's barely a living, but I have a much better quality of life over here than I did in the UK.

just curious, what's better about your quality of life than it was over here?

wurst instead of fish'n'chips big_smile

jacderida wrote:
Maiovvi wrote:
C. wrote:

just curious, what's better about your quality of life than it was over here?

I can afford my rent each month for a start, I get paid a little more over here as well as there are more places to play (that said I was in the sleepy city of Bristol before hand, the venues for noise / experimental music have mostly gone, there isn't a huge demand for disco in the 2nd home of Dubstep) because of this I can afford to eat every day, also booze is cheap.

RE: Fish and Chips. What kind of boner would ruin a perfectly good bit of fish with batter. Disgusting!

That said fish seems really expensive over here. This is a downside.

Still looking for somewhere by the way smile

"not in an area full of massive racist bigots or nightly knife fights I'd be happy" 

<<in my opinion neuk

Ey Freund Blase, es gibt süßen Brei!

It's only because I have friends in those areas and they are far enough away from the ex girlfriend.

The place I thought I had has fallen through.

Still looking for somewhere

smile

Maiovvi wrote:

RE: Fish and Chips. What kind of boner would ruin a perfectly good bit of fish with batter. Disgusting!

you're coming at it from the wrong angle, it is the fish that goes well with the batter, not the other way round

I dislike batter.

I like living in flats / apartments / houses.

Remember this day!