Topic: Updating the forum: Forum issues

Dear robots and robettes.
As you might have noticed the forum has changed.
The forum version needed an upgrade but unfortunately not everything during the upgrade went as I wished for.
Appearently some posts got cut-off? And the themes that we were used to didnt survive the update (not support by punbb).
Im trying to get an comfortable interface but I can't do it all at once as this custom styling of .css is timeconsuming and there aren't much modules (yet) available. Or support/documentation of them. I can't do anything about the missing content. Im sorry. Stuff comes stuff goes. Next time Ill make sure to do a database backup before upgrading. Anyway, to optimize the forum as it is please post the issues your encountering with the new forum/theme here. Please make sure to post your browser type and version. (don't bother posting Internet Explorer 6 or lower issues as that software is ancient)

Thanx and greetz,
Jonathan

hello world

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

Some general 'issues'

Logging in/out
If you get logged out all the time make sure you've checked the 'log me in every time I visit' checkbox.


Unsolved  issues

Youtube/googlevideo/vimeo
Should work but doesn't? Working on it.

hello world

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

Now apart from the different theme everything seems to be fine for me... big up for the update job, I know how painful it can be tongue if you ever roam around .ch I'll put a crate of beers in the fridge - and no forum updates that night big_smile

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

alex_d_steak wrote:

if you ever roam around .ch I'll put a crate of beers in the fridge - and no forum updates that night big_smile

i'll go one better, hey stentec send me your paypal address and i'll send some beer money over as a thank you for keeping this place going

keep hackney crap

5

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

Logging in/out
If you get logged out all the time make sure you've checked the 'log me in every time I visit' checkbox.

but what if we don't want to log in every time we visit?

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

casionova wrote:
S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

Logging in/out
If you get logged out all the time make sure you've checked the 'log me in every time I visit' checkbox.

but what if we don't want to log in every time we visit?

you're either  fulltime robot or human wink

hello world

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

@Stentec
yeh, send your PP address as well, I'll send you the equivalent of a crate of beers in money smile

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

Has the youtube embedding been disabled?....also does anyone know if the forum PM/email function is working properly?

Let's get Dumb

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

It'd be easier to read if you changed the blue text in the R4R skin to orange.

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

skkatter wrote:

It'd be easier to read if you changed the blue text in the R4R skin to orange.

Yeah, I really liked the orange.  It's much easier to read against the grey/brown background than the blue.

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

PLEASE HELP! my favourite forum looks like SHIT atm !!!!

i hate soccer

12

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

problem solved. i found the "mark all topics as read" button.

Last edited by DamDuram (2010-02-18 04:24:09)

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

is it just me, or when I put in a link
www.dreammachinelondon.blogspot.com/2010/02/sidrads-bleak-reality.html

it doesn't seem to be clickable (whats the word... hyperlink? basically when its a different colour and underlined)

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

@ meschi:

put url in squared brackets in front of your link and /url in squared brackets behind it
or just type your link, mark it and then click the url sign above the text box
=
www.dreammachinelondon.blogspot.com/201 … ality.html

Last edited by zora (2010-02-18 17:50:13)

.."this world`s a bubble"..

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

this new style is harder to read then previously  sad  the old style was more compact and easier to glance through the postings.

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

when i log in from home i get 

"You appear to have logged in successfully, however a cookie has not been set. Please check your settings and if applicable, enable cookies for this website."

i have fucked around with security settings but it doesn't help
anyone else?

keep hackney crap

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

nothin like that..in here

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

i do suddenly often  just see a >?< instead of an image (also above the text box).
has that sth to do with the update? or maybe my settings? if its my settings: what should i do now?

.."this world`s a bubble"..

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

Hyperlinks opening in new window would be nice.. i think it was like that in our old home, no?

Heil CBS

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

Why can't we set yellow color?

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

ITALOMASTER wrote:

Why can't we set yellow color?

this will be available tomorrow smile

hello world

22

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

byron wrote:

when i log in from home i get 

"You appear to have logged in successfully, however a cookie has not been set. Please check your settings and if applicable, enable cookies for this website."

i have fucked around with security settings but it doesn't help
anyone else?

Yep. Think this might have something to do with why every so often I randomly logout when I visit a new thread.

Herr Flick wrote:

Hyperlinks opening in new window would be nice.. i think it was like that in our old home, no?

x2 - was very handy

cuties don't exert

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

i keep having to hit submit twice if i'm not fast enough in my reply.. what the hell?? some timeout warning i never got before.


Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:

    * Unable to confirm security token. A likely cause for this is that some time passed between when you first entered the page and when you posted the form. Clicking "Submit" again should solve the problem.




please don't update the forum again. its been pretty disastrous so far..

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

rude66 wrote:

i keep having to hit submit twice if i'm not fast enough in my reply.. what the hell?? some timeout warning i never got before.

Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:

    * Unable to confirm security token. A likely cause for this is that some time passed between when you first entered the page and when you posted the form. Clicking "Submit" again should solve the problem.

please don't update the forum again. its been pretty disastrous so far..

There was no escaping the update. It was a outdated version and for future support etc. I had to update sooner or later.
That 'security token' thing I've noticed. I'll try to fix that but it's pretty much harmless. Just press the submit button again it you've replied.

peace
- Jonathan

hello world

Re: Updating the forum: Forum issues

Did some minor style changes:

- Removed the line under the date of the post. Seems clearer now.
- Made the postnumber invisible. It's still there but has the same color as the background.
- Put the robottitle above the avatar.
- Fixed some textcolors that were still gray instead of white.
- Removed white background in the searchmenu.
- Removed orange RSS icon.

hello world