Topic: Best 2nd hand record shops in Europe

Because I have a couple spare days in Europe, I was curious if there are any popular 2nd hand record stores in Europe? In the US, The Thing and Amoeba are probably 2 of the most famous record shops for second hand dance records, but I was wondering if there's any discussion about Europe?

Thanks!

Re: Best 2nd hand record shops in Europe

which part of europe? its bigger than texas ye know

keep hackney crap

anywhere i suppose.

So if I tip one in Sweden and one one Sicily you visit both?

Please specify region...

5 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-02-17 13:33:21)

http://people.cs.uu.nl/jur/recshops.html

Made by a progrock collector it lists both cd and vinyl shops and it's quite old (last time I used it was more than 5 years ago), but at least it's something.

Would be kinda nice to have a list like this for more r4r related music.

International Record Store Index on discogs

Nice. Apparently I should do more with Discogs than I do now smile

Brian Chinetti wrote:

http://people.cs.uu.nl/jur/recshops.html

Made by a progrock collector it lists both cd and vinyl shops and it's quite old (last time I used it was more than 5 years ago), but at least it's something.

Would be kinda nice to have a list like this for more r4r related music.

I like your thinking, I'll try and set up a wiki page for this.

theres this really good shop in the little polish vilage skrawalovskivickibow, see you there

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

you mean that small village thats built around this gigantic warehouse? the one that is full of records? the one that sells mint still sealed copies or rare italo and disco classics for 1 zloty?

damn jay, don't give all this info away for free!

Italo? I'm gearing towards more minimal prog house trancey music. like sasha. i guess i wont be going there!

ballmouse wrote:

Italo? I'm gearing towards more minimal prog house trancey music. like sasha. i guess i wont be going there!

if that's not sarcasm you might be logging onto the wrong forum

keep hackney crap

13 (edited by meschi 2010-02-24 12:36:21)

sasha has a 2nd hand warehouse in southern italy. Its hidden behind a maze of rose bushes of varying height and depth. If you feel like you can handle the thorns of Amascus to retrieve the golden cd of trance, you must first ask the Rabbit of Cocoondoo, his favourite song. If he answers favourably, you will be transferred to the next level of Euphoria. Once here, the Bull Head of Trinidad will ask you three questions. First he will ask your name, then he will ask your age, then he will ask a question that is so utterly ridiculous, you will believe it is a trick... it is not. Once you have answered all three questions correctly you will gain passage to the Roots. Be wary traveller as the roots are dark, sorcerus and full such mystery that even Merlin cannot understand. You will be challenged to a CDJ battle with the the Dark Knight (Tiesto). I advise you to carry your best Coldplay remix. If you are lucky enough to pass this battle, you will then be challended to a dance off with the Techno Viking... be careful, his out of step timing and off beat turns are designed to disorientate a tired trance hunter. If you can, by the smallest chance, pass these tests, you will be allowed to ascend to the heavenly plains of sashas 2nd hand warehouse.

Its total shite though.

build up..suspense..."its total shite though"  lol

I once sold 7000 records and a private dealer buying the lot off me told me there are 16 major warehouses in the EU where the middlemen (who sell to dj's and collectors with bulletproof wallets) do their physical shopping. Normal civilians have to wait till DJ Macaroni's aunt gets cancer so he has to sell to a local store...

I've heard that the best one is in Longyearbyen.

i plan longyearbyen for the honeymoon. no joke

keep hackney crap

@byron
coool place for sure