Topic: Some fightin words from Detroit Luv forum

Thought this was a pretty entertaining read, it's from our old friend Prussell, responding to the news of the end of CBS.
Shit, I never knew an internetz forum, about music of all things, could create such hostility. Remember, these are NOT my views, just stumbled accross it on that Detroit Luv forum. Ironically, he is the one who told me about CBS back in the day.

Hope your robot exoskeleton is reinforced. (will elefant skin help a robot?)

Now don't go on a tirade on Detroit Luv. Don't make me regret posting this. I just thought it was interesting to read an opposite view of things.

"whatever.

i joined the CBS in 2004, after lurking since its inception.  i donated tracks to the database, i contributed to discussions.
yet, all contributions were met with no thanks and a sense of elitism that grew and grew until it became what it was in the last couple years: a contrived, grotesque version of its past self, all for the sole purpose of stroking Ferenc's ego.  i stopped frequenting the board after it was announced that most areas would be unavailable to view unless you donated heavily (it was already in place that you must donate to list items for sale), and also after he announced that he would not tolerate any opinions that were not parallel to his own (he constantly threatened to ban).  this is true; i believe one of his phrases was "free speech does not apply here...this is my domain" or something along those lines.

perhaps i was just being idealistic, but i thought that forum existed for discussing music, good or bad.  yet there were times when i spoke out against what i thought were over-hyped or cheesy tracks, only to have Ferenc or his worshipers step in....he deleted threads about music or artists he didn't like, even if he was able to speak freely (and negatively) about them.  of course, at the end there were very few of the 'old heads' on there, and instead was overrun by bandwagon-jumping noobs who were more than happy to hang on his gospel every word, defending the worst music and seemingly either too afraid or brainwashed to form their own opinions.

the final straw for me personally was when he mobilized an attack on Interdimensional Transmissions...not once, but twice.  both times he made outrageous claims filled with flat-out lies and slanderous remarks (even though he knows IT has full documentation to corroborate their side of it), including thinly-veiled encouragements of violence and threats against BMG & Erika.  of course it was no surprise BMG had a mailbox full of death threats from CBS "robots" the next morning.  mind you, both times this did not end until they called Ferenc directly to ask him WTF was his deal, at which point he would back down and post on the CBS that "problem was resolved, no need to threaten anymore because "it worked". 

as an addendum, i also tried to bring him to Detroit on 2 different occasions, only to have him cancel each time because he would read V for Vendetta again and decide that the US was a totalitarian fascist regime and refused to interact with any American (according to his agent). 

don't be sad for the CBS going away, be sad for what it became...."

Re: Some fightin words from Detroit Luv forum

dethrone the dictator and become one yourself

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

T.E.L. wrote:

but try not to be too sad, no one likes a cry baby

Jeez - I don't really recognise what Prussel is going on about. But then I'm probably a bandwagon jumping noob.

I certainly remember some threads in which all manner of music was discussed, and I always liked the fact that whatever was being discussed (country, death metal r&b), there were always some Robots who liked and defended it.

I definitely remember the Benevolent Dictator but always figured that CBS was his baby and he could captain his ship however he wanted to. Most bannings I can remember seemed to be not about peoples views, but more about how people were choosing to express their views.

But hell maybe I was looking at the wrong threads and missed all of this juicy stuff.

count me as a bandwaggon jumping noob, too then. talking about elitism....

as an addendum, i also tried to bring him to Detroit on 2 different occasions, only to have him cancel each time because he would read V for Vendetta again and decide that the US was a totalitarian fascist regime and refused to interact with any American (according to his agent).

rofl

Ferenc maybe had his bullshit detector on when he rejected those gigs.

His excited eyes from within the dark interior glazed;
watered in appreciation of his thoughtful preparation.

http://seany.us/Epic-fail-guy-dance.gif

i agree with just about all of that, except the perception of ferenc as some ego hungry guy. he's just no nonsense, and opinionated. the most frustrating thing about CBS is that it had so much potential but was too self-reverent to go much of anywhere.

10 (edited by computerdisco 2008-07-30 16:30:05)

T.E.L. wrote:

Sour grapes is all I can think. And naive about the cost of running and maintaining somewhere that people can be a player hater about.

And we all have potential, some ugly ducks hatch into swans but some get avian flu..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

i haven't seen so much nonsense spouted in one post in a long time...

i think you guys are just being good team members. remove the bitterness from prussell's post and most of what he says is true imo. whatever. there's no need for it, it's bad taste. i loved cbs. nothing's perfect, and it was the best there was.

i think the lamest part is the guy who cut and paste his post and put it up here.. just asking for trouble.

prussell is entitled to his opinion..

http://www.repmanblog.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/11/08/gossip_2.jpg

I see no trouble, just another opinion, questionable but hey... good to hear different bells.

somehow I see the point of one way thinking, that, sometimes, affected the cbs forum, but bias of course.

Use the forum as a privilege not a right!

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

the daily drama (:

Monkey see, monkey do.

well written, but exaggerated

19 (edited by Communicator 2008-07-30 20:17:05)

One thing I think people need to remember, especially after reading some of the closed topics here is that the stream and websites are NOT OURS. We can contribute in any way that's asked and make suggestions but to keep complaining when things don't go exactly like we want is a bit much. We are all DIY'ers in some way so if you are THAT upset about something, you can always bail ship and DO IT YOURSELF.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Word

rude66 wrote:

i haven't seen so much nonsense spouted in one post in a long time...

word.

Stinki wrote:

i think you guys are just being good team members. remove the bitterness from prussell's post and most of what he says is true imo. whatever. there's no need for it, it's bad taste. i loved cbs. nothing's perfect, and it was the best there was.

i agree stink

i can only speak for myself, but it has nothing to do with being a good team member. if there's something i dont like i say it, don't matter if its to herr robot himself or the newest forum member. if i remove the bitterness from this post, there's not much left.. and basically communicator above hit the nail on the head: if you set up the place and pay the bills, you make the rules. its sooooo simple. and its also sooo easy to think you own the place as a contributor and start miouwing when things change that you don't like.

and posting stuff about someone else's private business like deals with record labels or parties is just a no-no..especially if the person is not on the board him or herself.

Yes, that's a cheap shot - the post was about the end of the CBS and the response was mostly a personal critique.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

What's happening at cbs.nu? Do they still have this section only visible to space invaders? Mine has mysteriously disapperaed, so I don't know. Anyone?