Topic: Buying from a "New Seller"

How do you feel about ordering a record from someone without previous feedback on ebay/discogs/whatever? are you in general someone who just orders, no matter if the seller already has feedback (preferably positive..), or are you a "100% positive feedback-buyer" only?

just wondering..

Re: Buying from a "New Seller"

Mwa, new sellers need to have good prices, it's their only incentive.

I would buy, but only pay trough paypal and no big money and no offers too good to be true.

I would buy and pay with paypal. If the item doesnt show up in 10 days I would cancel the payment.

Zubeldia wrote:

How do you feel about ordering a record from someone without previous feedback on ebay/discogs/whatever? are you in general someone who just orders, no matter if the seller already has feedback (preferably positive..), or are you a "100% positive feedback-buyer" only?

just wondering..

they need a chance too, how will you ever get any feedback if no one buys from you?

Vlam Aan

Mr. Maximal wrote:

only pay trough paypal

MenschMaschine wrote:

paypal

that's exactly what I thought, but the seller who inspired me to post this hasn't got paypal up as a payment method  roll

Then I wouldnt take the chance only if the record is under 10euro's or something.

kuczera wrote:

they need a chance too, how will you ever get any feedback if no one buys from you?

I'm very aware of that. I gave one guy that chance so far, but payed with paypal. turned out to be a very ok seller. but with bank transfer? I won't take the risk.

simply gonna ask him if he takes paypal as an answer.. see what's what.

8 (edited by Zubeldia 2010-03-17 20:14:49)

MenschMaschine wrote:

Then I wouldnt take the chance only if the record is under 10euro's or something.

it's 2 records i want. a 20eurie one, and a 10eurie one, but well worth the 30eurie ('86 & '87 chicago stuff)

doubts.. doubts...

kuczera wrote:

Simple, BUY something off ebay 1st! Then you are one step further towards being trustworthy, and get feedback. I would never by from someone with 0 feedback. It is too much stress if it goes pear shaped, I prefer letting someone else be the guinea pig.

10 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2010-03-18 08:12:01)

maybe ask him to send you a 419 eaters style photo to prove he's serious about the business

i did it a few times and never got any hassle, maybe i was just lucky

lärm macht spass!

Had some great deals from new sellers, also lost some money, it's a gamble.

btw i usually check the provided email address on facebook to see if they're a real person wink

turns out he accepts paypal as well after all, looks like I'm going to make me a good deal. nice..