Re: IFM on the brink of starvation

missed the show, but monthly contributing now.

Was a coolexx show, good to hear uncle ifx on air again and the chat was bumpin....tho as usual im to stoned to contribute much big_smile

great to hear that more live broadcast are on the way, i definately feel it's they way to keep the listeners more involved..and this 12hour live broadcast with 30min slots sounds really interesting;)

Are we floating again then?

Let's get Dumb

103 (edited by statiq 2010-04-03 00:05:01)

rude66 wrote:

you mean like this kind of information on the front page of ifm?

A side blog, or more prominent "daily stuggle / behind the scene" infos on the font page. Both would work.

Basically the front page went from almost not being a radio station (CBS days) to the other extreme: being nothing else but a way to tune in to the stream. I know it's a difficult balance to strike, but I think a rework of the news/blog section (give it more space) could help a lot. That and a way to give feedback & appreciation for each show. Chat doesn't work - different time zones, reruns, recorded shows, basically chat is useless for everything except for live.

-- Anyway, live Donate-o-la was great, everything seem to be on track... cheers!

listen to the re run, great hardcore from godspill smile
what was the track that mr. osmo played? "you used to touch me... you used to...." ?

105 (edited by ytz 2010-04-02 15:47:17)

ralphi rosario - you used to hold me

come on!

cuties don't exert

ytz wrote:

ralphi rosario - you used to hold me

come on!

big_smile

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

oops yes, i actually have this one neutral

even better than a re-run, a download would be awesome, for those of us who aren't at home this weekend... smile

jacderida wrote:

even better than a re-run, a download would be awesome, for those of us who aren't at home this weekend... smile

+1

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

il mafioso wrote:
jacderida wrote:

+1

me too, i missed it and the RR  sad

111 (edited by score100 2010-04-04 15:14:30)

MenschMaschine wrote:
score100 wrote:

I also think there should be more way's for user's contributing to it, to give joy and make the station better by bringing in idea's.So I could also imagine doing the one or other little task for ifm during my freetime, being it now contributing a mix, designing a banner or whatever else - simply because it gives me a pleasure to listen my freetime and I wouldn't mind giving something back for it.

In my opinion there are plenty of ways to contribute right now.
There were several calls for people to join the tech team and create the new website....no response
Slots for shows: There are still plenty left...just come forward and tell your plans.
Tracks can be donated more easy then ever before with the upload tool on the frontpage.
There are 3 or 4 ways to donate money. Also small amounts are apreciated.
Use the email adresses to report idea's so they can be considdered.

The ways are there....people just don't seem to use em.

Also there is a chat. In my opinion a place to ask questions, give suggestions or just respond to the things that keep you busy. Much faster and more effective then a forum where discussions most of the time end in crap.
Take the Detroit Thread for instance that Kuczera opened.

Ok some way's are defenitely there, some are just not that transparent to a non-involved user. Okay the upload tool I missed out, overlooked that so far -  for shows, well I mean it could also be that the ifmx feels that there are more than enough any addition is unnecessary - I just wouldn't know since I'm not involved.
For me I think the best would be if there's instead of just the upload tool, a button that says

'contribute' > Tracks
                  > Shows
                  > General Suggestions/Idea's

and in the last tab I could post down stuff like this now, and over the course of several days or weeks everbody could give a comment or idea on this, which is something far more effective than sending a mail where the idea arrives only at a very few person's, or a chat where everything written is gone after I log out.

Or stuff like "Hey why not make a ifm desktop player, I could imagine it looking like this..." and someone else a few day's later "hmm i know some stuff about coding, i could think this...".
I'm not keen on having a forum again either, but stuff like that would be very cool.

edit: I know there is already a player, just took the example as a way on expanding the whole thing.

Upload tool?

113 (edited by ytz 2010-04-19 11:06:05)

cuties don't exert

baz wrote:

Upload tool?

http://intergalacticfm.com/upload

ah, it's hidden behind the membership stuff

I want to play that Franz Falckenhaus text adventure, any chance for a pirated version lol  big_smile

Kenzaburo wrote:

I want to play that Franz Falckenhaus text adventure, any chance for a pirated version lol  big_smile

http://www.xs4all.nl/~awolfe/

Click on "stuff" on the left side of the page and then click on the gamepic

118 (edited by Kenzaburo 2010-04-20 13:36:58)

thanks! Except that's for the other game, forest of loom .. What I mean is the game that was in the IFM auction, it looks awsum! Btw. I wonder how Smackie coded it, did he really code a parser .. I remember when I made some text adventures in basic it was in really lame style like

10 Print "You are in a forest, you can go west"
20 input a$ "What do you want to do?"
30 if a$="go west" then goto 40

etc..

i was expecting that maybe he coded it hardcore style in the assembly language for the c64 CPU, but if i remember it's made using some game editor with its own language or something? (or maybe that was for the forest of loom game?)

SEUCK

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Nah, you can't make a text adventure with SEUCK

you can play it online now

http://www.moosleybay.com/C64/Trident2.html

Its programmed in Basic

Thanks .. Heh, quite nice, I like the intro! Some mad programming skillz!!!11 Btw. I could get the key in the first room even if the drawer was not open and I could give the wallet to the guy even if i didn't pick up any wallet .. I didn't play it very far though, it became a bit frustrating since you couldn't type 'look' to get the description of the place again (like in usual text adventures) if you didn't see it anymore on your screen... Yeah, I guess I'm just spoiled by modern games  lol

oh right it was a textadventure

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Squadra Smackos wrote:

you can play it online now

http://www.moosleybay.com/C64/Trident2.html

Its programmed in Basic

How to start gameplay?

Do you know about inform? http://www.inform-fiction.org/I7/Welcome.html