1 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-08-02 15:07:54)

Topic: Mixing desk standard?

I need a mixing desk standard, I tried Thomann and Musicstore Cologne etc. but to no avail

Its for a Tascam M3700 which is 130 by 100 cm's and weighs around 80 kilo's

On the Quik lok site there is the Zm2044 http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=produ … me=ZM-2044 which would be ideal....But I can't seem to find it anywhere??? Anyone has some lead tip etc?

2 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-08-02 17:08:12)

Re: Mixing desk standard?

Ok it gets confusing now, I called 2 shops one said they could import it but didn't know the price...so I looked further and there was this shop or import company that claimed to import Quik lok....I call this number and I get this total asshole on the phone that starts asking weird questions like...."why do you think we import Quik lok stuff?", my answer is "Well its on your site".....he answers "But Quik lok went bankrupt 2 years ago"..........."yes but its still on your site"................."well if we would have to delete everything on the site that went bankrupt"............"yes but its 2 years ago....that might also imply that you still have some stuff from it like the ZM20.." hardly interrupted "now listen they went bankrupt 2 years ago so why do you call us and ask us about this"...

WTF I fucking hate shops that treat you like that

I also don't believe that they are bankrupt that man was clearly telling LIES

i would have said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

There isn't another brand that makes those things? I checked the Jaspers site but they don't make those...

6 (edited by ramos 2008-08-02 16:53:38)

I googled quicklok zm2004 and it seems a lot of stores still advertise them on their sites in the uk, not sure if they are in stock though

edit: just in case you call overseas, it's just called a stand.  smile

maybe search for a mixing desk stand.. not standard..

also couldn;t you try a hardware store (like where they sell tools)? they have all kinds of weird stuff.. maybe you could make something..

Yeah mmm well you have seen the stuff I made myself...I can also put it on a table I guess

Do you guys think a normal table with metal legs will hold 80 kilos? It should be 20 kilos on each leg then...

9 (edited by ramos 2008-08-02 17:16:40)

hell yeh, sleep on it one night and see if you wake up on the floor... smile

http://www.itcml.co.uk/manage1/gallery/19-Mixing-desk-stand.jpg

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Yeah mmm well you have seen the stuff I made myself...I can also put it on a table I guess

Do you guys think a normal table with metal legs will hold 80 kilos? It should be 20 kilos on each leg then...

maybe you can look for some basic metal table like this: http://link.marktplaats.nl/177695622
i have a mackie 32/8mixer+bridge, philips N4520, set of BM6a's and some other shit on mine and it works fine.

maybe some table from the police station. they always throw people onto them

or maybe ask some metal working guy who is able to use a Oxiacetylen soldering machine to craft one for you...

13 (edited by Rproductions 2008-08-03 11:08:19)

Or go Ikea,
ugly but functional and cheap...

Argosy I think make some studio furniture also (xxxxxpensiveeeee)

ikea have cheap table tops and legs, each of which you can buy seperately
My mixer is about 60kg and sits on a cheap ikea table, no problems.

You can even screw the legs directly onto the mixing desk if you don't plan on moving it much.
I suggest one or two legs in the middle if you want to distribute the weight a bit better

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Ok it gets confusing now, I called 2 shops one said they could import it but didn't know the price...

I see that at Musicstore it's listed for 88 euro, and it says that the normal retail price is 112 euro. If you can get it from somewhere you should. Maybe you could mail or call Quick Lok and ask them who are official resellers in your area?

I think Musicstore has german VAT so it might be a bit more expensive depending (like 12%, whocares)

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

wow thanks I ordered one right now...hope they have it in stock...its a lot cheaper then I thought.

I am actually looking at the Argosy studio furniture and I am really stunned by it... Do you know of any other
studio furniture manufacturers?

Fuck, musicstore just mailed me to say they aren't made anymore sad

Then a table will do I guess

20 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2008-08-04 19:49:41)

Too bad, especially because you are in a bit of a rush...

How about Jaspers, don't they have anything suitable?

I'd still try to contact Quick Lok if I where you, see what's up. And perhaps ask Moflirecordings if he has anything in stock that he didn't list on his site (right now he only has two legs for a D&R8000). I know Mofli can also look for stuff if he doesn't have in stock (he did so for my D&R psu), so maybe that's an alternative. A table should be fine for the time being. Solid legs are important, and the surface shouldn't bend. According to their site Ikea desks can carry 50kg and those are made from a mixture of wood chips and carton, so anything better then that should be fine.

21 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-08-04 20:25:48)

Yeah mailed Mofli and also the Tascam part company here in holland

I mailed Quik Lok a couple of days ago but no answer yet (Maybe they are really bankrupt)

K, good luck.

What Tascam part company would that be? I need a new belt for my tape counter big_smile

http://www.hanexservice.nl/fmi/iwp/cgi? … loadframes

24 (edited by Sander 2008-08-04 23:17:52)

Gewoon zelf iets van hout maken joh met die 2 linkerhanden van je.

Ja van triplex latjes zeker

Ik vraag het wel aan Basror die heeft 2 rechter handen zo te zien met dat model vliegtuigje