Topic: Should I sell my TB-303???

Should i sell my TB-303???

I have both a 101 and a SH-09 and I have been offered a Syntecno Teebee for 134€. My 303 needs a bit of service in the volume pod but other then that its in ok state. I love it dearly but I need money and would like to start a modular!!!

Any thoughts!!!!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

2 (edited by teknob 2010-05-13 10:54:15)

Re: Should I sell my TB-303???

it depends how you feel about it. having waited a very long time to get mine, i would never sell it now. Also to consider, a syntecno teebee might sound like a tb303 in tracks, but my experience with clones is that it takes some work in the sequencing to replicate a 303 sound, no matter how identical in sound the osc-filter combo. And in the end it still won't sound 100%. But only you can say if that will bother you or not. Most listeners won't care.
Another point is that the limitations of the 303's programming interface means you end up programming patterns that you probably wouldn't program when entering notes via midi keyboard or a piano--roll editior.

Just buy the Teebee but don't sell the tb-303. It does sound different and you'll miss it when it's gone.
Buy the Teebee asap. its a bargain.

btw. I own both so did compare the sound. Teebee sounds good however.

nooooooooo

no

the TeeBee is a geat addition for 134e but cant replace a tb303. Just hook the sh101 up to your tb303 and Im sure the result makes you not wanna sell it smile And the TeeBee is a good start for controlling a future modulair..

TB or not TB

How often do you use it?  Do you love it because you use it all the time and can't imagine being without it, or do you love it because it's a TB-303?

If I was planning to get a modular and had a 303 I'd probably keep it.  Can't have too many CV sequencers.

BTW congrats to Freek on having 808 posts!   wink

9 (edited by Blue Maquina 2010-05-13 18:37:13)

Yeah sell the Tb-303 and start your Modular Quests. Get a Steiner VCF, Polivoks vcf, and LPG vcf. There is so much stuff you can do with a Modular. I don't recommend buying a vintage Monster either.
At worst you can get a xoxbox later.

Planet of Cevo

i would think a tb-303 would integrate very well in a modular system.
i don't own any modular gear, but i've used my 303 as a sequencer for my ARP AXXE and it's very nice.
i use mine live and in productions, it'll stay with me for a while i think.

if you hardly ever use the 303 and hate the sequencer, i'd sell it if i where you.

don't sell your 303. Even if you are not using it since years, one day you will miss it and feel very stupid because you sold it.
in short: keep it big_smile

unicity wrote:

BTW congrats to Freek on having 808 posts!   wink

ha ha, I didnt noticed smile now let's go: 909 wink

TB or not TB

You can fix that volume pot thing yourself. If you don't use the 303, sell it and buy the modulair stuff. You can allways sell those and buy a 303 again. Better plan would be, to earn some money and wait until you saved enough money and have both the 303 and a modulair.  Maybe you get holiday money or something?

I don't know about prices in europe but prices for the 303 in NA have really dropped over the past year or so.

just sell it and move on