Topic: Films that get critical acclaim but are rubbish!

Control

Crash (Matt Dillon, Don Cheadle)

Saw these two recently and they boiled my blood they were so shite!!!!

Anymore?

2 (edited by Vomatron 2008-08-06 14:04:19)

Re: Films that get critical acclaim but are rubbish!

Absolutely agree about crash, its just a hazy mess of a movie. Supposed to be realistic but in no way so

Also, virgin suicides...the only thing that movie does is showing how spoiled a brat s. coppola is. Big pile of shit

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Ha! I totally agree! Those two examples are two of the most overrated movies made in the past years.

4 (edited by jayoverdose 2008-08-06 14:10:51)

heat-only the shooting scene is good.

hate  fact that you don't see scarface and taxi driver together in a shot, assholes

and i never saw somebody overact like val butman kilmer

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

5 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-08-06 14:21:26)

The Matrix

the most overrated crap in the history of movies

I tought Control was pretty good for such a movie, ofcourse i went to see it expecting a complete piece of bollocks but it was quite ok given that the director is indeed rubbish most of the time (and gets critical aclaim)..oh wait its not even director but a photographer of Bono who is made of rubbish.

heat ! omg yes i saw that recently and had to stop halfways. How boring can a movie get? Worst use of good actors ever

Matrix is shit too...half the movie is a bloody music video

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Also everything from Quintin Tarantino..he is maybe even worse then the Matrix and Titanic together

and Oliver Stone...that guy sucks...Natural Born Killers is maybe even worser then Tarantino, Matrix and Titanic together

(Though he made that Salvador movie with James Woods but I never seen that but it seems pretty good but I dunno)

Couldn't agree more on Matrix and Tarantino stuff. Stone, I think never saw any movie of him. Or was he who made the Doors film? Then I saw one

Reality is just a simulation

9 (edited by jayoverdose 2008-08-06 14:27:33)

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Also everything from Quintin Tarantino..he is maybe even worse then the Matrix and Titanic together

and Oliver Stone...that guy sucks...Natural Born Killers is maybe even worser then Tarantino, Matrix and Titanic together

(Though he made that Salvador movie with James Woods but I never seen that but it seems pretty good but I dunno)

that is good, and i still like robert downey jr. in natural born killers but i like him in everything

also breaking the waves and more of that just throw some cancer kids or child molesting in to it oh what a sad movie crap.

^^^ with you all the way - matrix, tarantino, oliver stone (though salvador is the best of the bunch imo) - pish...

jayoverdose wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

that is good, and i still like robert downey jr. in natural born killers but i like him in everything

Yeah probably the same with Salvador because it has James Woods in it and he rules.

lol @ smackos, nice post hehe

I would say: lots of stuff by the cohen brothers like "fargo" or s.th. and the newer movies of clint eastwood like "mystic river". boooooooring!

i like cohen brothers, esspecially big lebowski
mystic river is crap but the music in it is turbo crap flags of our fathers was crap too but unforgivable is very good

Yeah wether its crap or not, you can't diss the Clint...they are probably movies for old people like Bridges of Madison county

Big Lebowski is beyond the shit! Ive seen it atleast 500 million times.

One word: Lord of the Rings .. God damn what a boring superficial piece of shit. I liked fucking Harry Potter better, atleast that is watchable when youre hung over.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

there willbe blood, goddamn annoying soundtrack

Ugh, oh yeah and Kill Bill, what the fuck.. Tarantino does suck.. Reservoir Dogs was watchable, after that it went down hill and fast.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

The Aviator by Martin Scorsese.

I found it boring.

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

You are not a Girl, leonardo doesnt make it for you.

No somo Roberto Succo

Well he almost made it with Titanic big_smile

But well.. that's overrated too.

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

Tarantino is overrated, but Pulp Fiction and From Dusk Till Dawn are nice movies (but no masterpieces).

I don't like American History X ... but Edward Norton is a good actor.

I like fargo. But most Tarantino is wank. Talk about a one trick pony

23 (edited by Vomatron 2008-08-06 15:19:34)

Replicant reading my mind here. Cohen bros. absolutely overrated, fargo wasnt too bad but No country for old men - boring to the max. And yes clint eastwood is very overrated too, mystic river is horrible. both 28 days and weeks later are overrated too, they are mediocre at best and thats only on a really good day. Tarantino mostly sucks, bit kill bill 2 and pulp fiction are good

24 (edited by rimini 2008-08-06 15:30:14)

Watched Res' Dogs recently after first watching it +15 years ago.

It's aged really badly, was embarassed by it!

Dusk till Dawn is also crap.

Breaking the Waves was also utter shite and overated - Lars Von Triers view of women is lame, I think him an Tarantino hate women!

Glad this topic has touched a nerve!

The Big Lebowski belongs nowhere on this page.