Topic: question: Cold Waves & Minimal Electronics 2LP (Angular)

hey mates,

I saw some of you already bought the compilation.

http://www.wierdrecords.com/news/images/coldwaves.jpg

On Side A Track 2 (Nine Circles - Twinkling Stars) the needle jumps in the very beginning of the track. Someone else had the same? I can`t see something on the record itself, I suppose it is bad pressed or the masterplate had already a defect.

and, what do you think about the sound on the record? I am not so impressed til now...

and I say it again and again: I shit on heavy vinyl if...you know what i mean.  roll
thx

Tg

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Re: question: Cold Waves & Minimal Electronics 2LP (Angular)

i have no problem with needle jumping @ twinkling stars, i guess you catched a bad copy  sad

sound quality is allright i think...

thanks Stefano. must be a bad copy then...

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

i've finally bought a copy and i think that i shall share some thoughts on it since there is even a special topic for that smile

i think it's really great, i love the sound and the liner notes and the design and basically everything
of course we all wish there would be more rare stuff and less somewhere in the nights, polaroid roman photos and the fashion parties but considering the fact that it is aimed at the people who basically don't know shit about anything minimal except richie hawtin and cold besides cold cave i think it's a really great "showcase" for that sort of stuff

unlike the rival minimal wave thing which promotes the label, this one actually promotes the music

ps. i read somewhere Pieter is already busy with the second, guitar-orientated, installment

lärm macht spass!

agree, the liner notes are nice and the compilation is a great overview, not only basics. I have much fun to listen to it, to be honest I gave away the MW compilation, because there was no flow, just pieced up.
The Cold Wave one is made with heart, you can simply hear it and that`s why it brings much more joy than other records with this kind of music. Pieter did a great job! Can`t wait to hear the Vol.2...

discogs sales