Topic: World Cup thread

http://misschee.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mandela_world_cup.jpg

it's nearly here! hell for those who hate football, 96 hours of nirvana for those don't.

let's have some robot predictions.

* winners - Brazil
* top scorers - Villa or Torres
* star players - Xavi, Kaka, Suarez
* dark horses - Chile, Uruguay, Greece

Last edited by ytz (2010-06-09 12:41:40)

cuties don't exert

Re: World Cup thread

haha, the Holland fans are ready smile

http://www.geenstijl.nl/archives/images/wk2010gadgetafricaman.jpg

Re: World Cup thread

asked the first two weeks of juli off of work to be able to watch the final outcomings in all peace and quiet  big_smile


* winners - England
* top scorers - Tevez, Torres, Podolski, v. Persie
* star players - Messi, v. Persie, v.d. Vaart, Gerrard
* dark horses - N. Korea, Uruguay


Not specifically based my choices on realistic chances, more by personal taste/favorites

Last edited by Zubeldia (2010-06-09 13:11:15)

Re: World Cup thread

Vamos, vamos Argentina,
vamos, vamos a ganar,
que esta barra quilombera,
no te deja, no te deja de alentar

http://www.ilcalcio.net/fotogoal/maradona2.jpg

Broken Pots Hunter

Re: World Cup thread

@streppe LOLz!
@zubeldia ENGLAND?!!
@minimal rome no zanetti this time sad - looking forward to seeing pastore tho

Last edited by ytz (2010-06-09 14:36:35)

cuties don't exert

Re: World Cup thread

Mon Scotland!!!

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/uk/scotland/images/flag-of-scotland.jpg

* winners - Scotland
* top scorers - James McFadden Kenny Miller
* dark horses - naebody....


actually, in all seriousness. Im not that into football, but living in London, Ikll be watchin a fair bit. Good atmosphere. I got Japan and Australia in my works sweepstakes.... shit.

big_smile

Re: World Cup thread

meschi ROFL  cool

Kenny Miller... there's a reason we're not there.

bad luck with your sweepstakes, tho Japan might surprise people. Holland have a piss easy group.

cuties don't exert

Re: World Cup thread

Come on Uruguay

http://img.skysports.com/09/11/496x259/Uruguary-Squad-World-Cup-2010_2389143.jpg

The world Cups not the same anymore Italia 90 now there was a tournament.

Chris Moss Acid Italia 90 EP

http://wrong.thirtytwobit.com/wrong-lab … a-90-trax-

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Re: World Cup thread

streppe wrote:

haha, the Holland fans are ready smile

http://www.geenstijl.nl/archives/images/wk2010gadgetafricaman.jpg

Well thats a novel way to  get shot. Considering most of the Boers were Dutch.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Re: World Cup thread

Leo Slayer wrote:

Come on Uruguay
The world Cups not the same anymore Italia 90 now there was a tournament.


that was a shit world cup.
ireland got to the quarter finals without winning a single game. then that bastard toto schillachi knocked us out

keep hackney crap

11

Re: World Cup thread

baggio was ace at that world cup

cuties don't exert

12

Re: World Cup thread

um, USA!, err USA USA  neutral

Re: World Cup thread

Anyone but england...

Let's get Dumb

Re: World Cup thread

I was about to start a world cup thread.
It's hard for me as a brazilian to say it, but I'll have to admit that Argentina may bring this cup.
Our coach, Mr. Dunga, is a stupid asshole. I can bet he will be crucified and burned alive as soon as he arrives here. This team's got no chance.
That's because Mr. Dunga is so vain and full of stupid pride that he wants to assemble a team that looks exactly like him: asshole. And that's not just that. There's a lot of politics involved.
And back home, we have some of the most brilliant football players that ever lived, only compared to the greatest ones. Why aren't these guys going to South Africa to bring home this cup to us? Because of one or two stupid assholes that are in charge of this corrupt football federation that is CBF.
They have plans for 2014. It's just me speculating, but I can bet that's it. They want to save these guys for 2014. They're hoping we will be champions at home. That's stupid. These guys are playing an amazing football right now, in 2010.
Can you imagine Pelé not being in the Cup in 1958? That's exactly what's happening today here. They're leaving the Pelé of this generation out of the Cup because of some stupid vanity.

So that's it. I'll have to go for Argentina. Or maybe Spain, since I have some spanish blood.

Re: World Cup thread

DumbBot wrote:

Anyone but england...

after seeing that carlsberg advert the other night and nearly throwing up, i've gotta agree...

gonna be cheering on the americans in their opener this saturday!

Re: World Cup thread

byron wrote:
Leo Slayer wrote:

Come on Uruguay
The world Cups not the same anymore Italia 90 now there was a tournament.


that was a shit world cup.
ireland got to the quarter finals without winning a single game. then that bastard toto schillachi knocked us out


Twas great a bit defensive but lots of talking points and great players. The last two have been really boring.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Re: World Cup thread

byron wrote:
Leo Slayer wrote:

Come on Uruguay
The world Cups not the same anymore Italia 90 now there was a tournament.


that was a shit world cup.
ireland got to the quarter finals without winning a single game. then that bastard toto schillachi knocked us out

Ah, the days of "who do ya think ya are, Schillachi?"

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

Re: World Cup thread

Winner: Deutschland ( I wish)
Top Scorer: David Villa
Star player: Messi, C. Ronaldo,
Dark Horse: Uruguay

Seriously I think Spain will become the champion. Argentina will also play a good tournament, but their problem will be the coach. I mean I love Maradona as player, but as coach he will fail.

I found a hopefully not self-fullfilling prediction!

Last edited by Chilli Perez (2010-06-09 18:04:16)

Re: World Cup thread

Us in the finals? No way...

Re: World Cup thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … g_Moments/

this is a laugh for a couple of hours

Re: World Cup thread

Chilli Perez wrote:

Winner: Deutschland ( I wish)

same here smile 

do we meet somewhere at a bar or big screen outside? Any plans with the other dudes, Perez? Let me know then please.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Re: World Cup thread

Think Argentina will be the best this year, closely followed by Holland. At least that's what I hope..

To bad Sweden is not qualified, always liked that team for some reason. Good players and interesting way of playing. 

But I'm really really happy that Belgium is not qualified. Even if it's my own country, the team really sucks for some years and is truly boring to look at.

Further I hope South Africa will bring good football.

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

Re: World Cup thread

How can you say something like that? It sucks so hard that we aren't qualified, a World Cup is always something special. We have very descent players but somehow they can't play together, I hope this will change in the near future.

I hope Brasil doesn't win, never liked that team. I think Argentina has a great chance to win the World Cup because all the "specialists" think they suck because of Maradona's poor coaching qualities. I hope Germany wins tho smile

Star player will be Messi I think

"A Real Music Hater"

Re: World Cup thread

captain duran wrote:
Chilli Perez wrote:

Winner: Deutschland ( I wish)

same here smile 

do we meet somewhere at a bar or big screen outside? Any plans with the other dudes, Perez? Let me know then please.

Anytime, I`ll give you a call, any suggestion where to watch? Crackers is up like usual but still need some real soccer people to watch, I hate event fans! Dunno about Laszlo and Co.

I think no one really has germany on the bill and that could be our chance to play them off big_smile I`m not so optimistic for teams like Holland, Argentina or England, teams that really get high rated before the tournament, they probably flop, f.e. England has a goalkeeper called David James (lol), Netherlands has a tremendous offense but weak defense and also a struggeling goalie and so on ...

Re: World Cup thread

can't wait... football, beer and bbq... jawohl!!!
too bad the russians are not in, will miss their anthem...

.