Re: World Cup thread

for those who missed it - usa vs. england - lego edition:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/fjelstud/usa-v- … ition-1hv6

I think Elias definitely deserves the start over the primadonna Van Der Vaart, though he did force a good save.  Netherlands looked good overall, especially when they started bossing more in midfield in the second half.  I think we are all happily reminded why Kuyt deserves his place, great work rate as always, really caught the defense sleeping on that rebound.

Cameroon looked awful in the middle... they really only moved the ball down the field on the sides.  I think Denmark will go through with NL, though I picked Cameroon.

what a stiff opening by italia

i'm hoping kuyt has an amazing world cup so when liverpool sell him during the summer we will make mo money

keep hackney crap

byron

kuyt will win the milan baros award for overachievement at a major tournament.

cuties don't exert

mushaden wrote:

I think Elias definitely deserves the start over the primadonna Van Der Vaart, though he did force a good save.  Netherlands looked good overall, especially when they started bossing more in midfield in the second half.  I think we are all happily reminded why Kuyt deserves his place, great work rate as always, really caught the defense sleeping on that rebound.

Cameroon looked awful in the middle... they really only moved the ball down the field on the sides.  I think Denmark will go through with NL, though I picked Cameroon.

i think japan might have a shout. cameroon/denmark could be a draw, meaning the japs will only need to draw denmark last game regardless of what happens against the dutch.

elias was excellent. van der vaart refused to pass to sneijder. send him home!

cuties don't exert

wow, super cool match! already looking forward to monday here...

yeah nice that nord korea got a goal in. they played with good spirit.

Happy for Brazil of course, but I also have to say that North Korea played nice. They obviously have there weaknesses but they did a good and respectable job against Brazil. Not easy for Brazil to get into there defenced field. Curious to see more of them in next matches.

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

lol @ spain

Dez wrote:

lol @ spain

that was pretty fucking funny

cuties don't exert

hop Suisse....first time in history that Switzerland won against Spain

yes, well done to switzerland.. it takes a super defense to hold of the spanish allstars..

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8330/36010403640329382842674.jpg

It just is..

rude66 wrote:

yes, well done to switzerland.. it takes a super defense to hold of the spanish allstars..

come on... if there was Italy winning like this against Spain everyone would have been horrified!!! Shame on you all, you bunch of hypocrites!!!  big_smile

Victor D wrote:
rude66 wrote:

come on... if there was Italy winning like this against Spain everyone would have been horrified!!! Shame on you all, you bunch of hypocrites!!!  big_smile

yep but it's different....because it was David against Goliath. tongue

hop suisse!

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

118 (edited by byron 2010-06-17 21:06:45)

france mexico is the most exciting game i have seen so far.
come on my north american friends. i got you in the pub sweepstake

its good to see the french get spanked by a team in green

keep hackney crap

...the French seem in disarray, soo many great players...but no passion & no team to speak of..

Let's get Dumb

ai ai.. that was an asskicking for france! well played by mexico..

Adieu Le Bleu,

Vamos El Tri!!!!

Viva Mexico!

miravalles wrote:

Viva Mexico!

+1 hihihi lol

@ DumbBot
"but no passion & no team to speak of.."
-> no wonder with a coach like that, it's exactly the same like in 2008...
and the henry action... it seems like domenech totally forgot that he told him to warm up!
what kind of respectless shit is that? pfff...

125 (edited by minimalrome 2010-06-17 23:48:37)

Vamos Vamos Argentina!

Broken Pots Hunter