Topic: WTF iz dis Indamixx s#@t?

Wha? http://www.indamixx.com/

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Re: WTF iz dis Indamixx s#@t?

i smell garbage

GREETZ!

well as the website says some kind of porta studio multitracker midi sequencer whatever.
questions should be more like

-who needs it
-how much does it suck

but i dunno. only had a rough look over the website

It's to use indaclub

I will let you ask and answer. I just posted it as soon as I saw the site, robots need to know, and comment.

ramos wrote:

It's to use indaclub

indahouse or ondatrain

it looks like a q1  a really dump 'ultra mobile pc'

it's for midgets

it runs linux and software like ardour and energy xt2...

hans olof wrote:

it's for midgets

they prefer to be called little people...it is a little persons portable studio.

How many of us would use it? My biggest concern is the software, if they partnered w/ Ableton (because so many younger producers seem to have adopted it) or something it may become fun to have since you could just sync or transfer sessions using the same DAW as you do in Daa'Stuudioo.

Well the hw is the infamous Samsung Q1, which usually ships with windowsXP.... so this means that instead of buying
that 'indaplaceyoulikemost' you can get the standard Q1 and install Ableton on that.

But I think that there are better things than that Q1, talking about handheld computers...
Alex

horrible concept. who would buy this? kills the whole concept of producing.

GREETZ!

13 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2008-08-08 08:35:27)

If something with 90% less features would come to the Nintendo DS we would all be charmed by it.

SLEEK wrote:

horrible concept. who would buy this? kills the whole concept of producing.

The same people who would buy a Yamaha QY70. How exactly would it kill the concept of producing? What concept would that be? Cause it looks to me it offers a simplified manner in which way many people have already been producing: in the box with a DAW. I dunno if I'd ever want a thing like this, but it does look like fun to me.

I agree with Brain, just another tool. Gameboy anybody?

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

That's my connection with the whole "young people" thing. This would appeal to kids(-now-adults) who grew up on gaming and handhelds.

but seriously, who needs this? as it seems to me this thing isn't capable of anything special that can't be also done on a laptop. except the touch screen maybe. so why buy a dedicated (expensive) hardware with little knobs that you probably have to operate with a toothpick when you can do that stuff with something a lot of people already have. i also don't see how this thing should rise productivity like stated somewhere on the website. maybe the first weeks because you're excited that you got some new gear but after it's just like a notepad for ideas IMO. you can't mixdown properly on the road anyway when you don't have proper monitors so in the end it's just a multitrack with some sequencing, so to repeat, why buy it when you can do all that on a lappie.

Echolot wrote:

but seriously, who needs this? as it seems to me this thing isn't capable of anything special that can't be also done on a laptop. except the touch screen maybe. so why buy a dedicated (expensive) hardware with little knobs that you probably have to operate with a toothpick when you can do that stuff with something a lot of people already have. i also don't see how this thing should rise productivity like stated somewhere on the website. maybe the first weeks because you're excited that you got some new gear but after it's just like a notepad for ideas IMO. you can't mixdown properly on the road anyway when you don't have proper monitors so in the end it's just a multitrack with some sequencing, so to repeat, why buy it when you can do all that on a lappie.

exactly

GREETZ!

yes, but what about the concept of producing?
Are there orthodox and unorthodox ways of making music?

I don't think so. Music is made however sound can be generated.

20 (edited by Victor D 2008-08-08 21:46:53)

Communicator wrote:

I don't think so. Music is made however sound can be generated.

I didn't want your answer big_smile

edit:

I agree, of course

21 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2008-08-08 22:45:11)

Echolot wrote:

but seriously, who needs this?

Nobody 'needs' this... Who 'needs' anything besides fresh food and water, a place to sleep and a partner to procreate and get one step further on the evolutionary ladder?

Its kind of expensive I think 1199$? Or maybe those things are just expensive always I dunno

A QY70 will beat this thing any time any place

23 (edited by Communicator 2008-08-08 23:05:18)

Tricky used to rock a QY22 in the first stages of production. Pretty hilarious read!
See also: http://www.moon-palace.de/tricky/musician98.html

Yeah ofcourse the QY70 can't compete with this Indamixx thing but the QY70 is more powerfull then many people think, it is indeed a complete studio in a box, I mean you've got a mixer with aux sends and effects like delay, reverb, chorus effects, an 8 track pattern sequencer with lots of good sounding drumkits and a romplersynth with filter & envelopes and all kinds of stuff. I whish Yamaha would make a QY7000 or something. (The QY100 is just a QY70 with a guitar input)

I don't get it..... it's basically just a preconfigured linux suite for a samsung UMPC?

UMPCs are everywhere now. why not just install gnome and a few apps yourself???