Re: Health and Fitness

yeah, cuts on the nipples is PAINFUL smile

I always either put plasters on or use vaseline before I go running!

I'm still running a lot, just really wish that I could quit drinking so much beer at the weekends then I think I'd be able to achieve something great like a half marathon or even a marathon.

Re: Health and Fitness

jacderida wrote:

I always either put plasters on or use vaseline before I go running!

Good idea, less embarrasing than wearing a bra (I was thinking of ;-).

"Are you loving?"

203

Re: Health and Fitness

don't let embarrassment get in the way of your dormant needs

Re: Health and Fitness

Rehab for the knees is done since May, since then I'm going to the gym 4 times a week for 2 hours: 1h15 of power training and 45 minutes on the bike (they have time trial bikes there), I love it. I was always a good cyclist (especially time trial)and I'm getting my best shape on that matter again. During the weekend I mostly take my bike and go for a ride for +/- 1uh00, that's not long but for me it's a matter of speed and endurance(like in time trials). Before my injury there were regional time trials for amateurs every year and from the 8 times I participated I won 6 of them. I would love participate again but it's still a long way to go (but I'll get there).

"A Real Music Hater"

Re: Health and Fitness

finally went running for first time in months. did 1.7 miles and was having some trouble being out of breath towards the end.

http://www.kayakshed.com/client/images/full/vibram_fivefingers_classic_grey300.jpg

my friend recently got those vibram fivefinger shoes and swears that they've changed his running style, doesn't feel pain, doesn't get as tired easily, etc etc. he showed me a few videos on youtube and i think i may have to switch over or I may even go to the extreme, save some money and just start running barefoot.

206

Re: Health and Fitness

im running again and have a personal best of 3 miles in 25 minutes but average 27 minutes.  trying to get to 20 minutes! but idk

Re: Health and Fitness

cloud9 wrote:

finally went running for first time in months. did 1.7 miles and was having some trouble being out of breath towards the end.

http://www.kayakshed.com/client/images/full/vibram_fivefingers_classic_grey300.jpg

my friend recently got those vibram fivefinger shoes and swears that they've changed his running style, doesn't feel pain, doesn't get as tired easily, etc etc. he showed me a few videos on youtube and i think i may have to switch over or I may even go to the extreme, save some money and just start running barefoot.

Wow, I'd heard about these. I find them fascinating, however, I'm suspicious thats its another cleverly marketed product as trainers were in the 70's. It does make sense we would run barefoot, however years of running in harsher concrete environments and using trainers means our bodies have probably now evolved further to a point were we rely on shoes. In saying that I'll give barefoot a bash in the park! He did keep saying "fun" rather than "comfortable" or "faster" or "dynamic".

Last edited by karamanga (2011-07-22 08:36:53)

Re: Health and Fitness

karamanga wrote:

He did keep saying "fun" rather than "comfortable" or "faster" or "dynamic".

Haha yes I did notice that...

Re: Health and Fitness

just got back from 3.5 miles barefoot and i have to say it felt wonderful! my toes are burning a bit from the rough blacktop that i was running on (wasn't like running on nails or anything was actually pretty smooth for the most part) but i wasn't winded at any point throughout the run i could have probably gone for another 3.5 easy and i haven't been running often lately, i wasn't even expecting doing more than 2 miles. everything feels fine so i'm going to keep going with no shoes, i've even got hopes of doing a marathon without em. highly recommended!

cebteq wrote:

im running again and have a personal best of 3 miles in 25 minutes but average 27 minutes.  trying to get to 20 minutes! but idk

20 minutes is fast! keepin a pace like that for 3 miles will b hard but just gotta keep practicing and maybe try with no shoes?  big_smile

Last edited by cloud9 (2011-07-27 04:55:54)

Re: Health and Fitness

I remember the best 5k I ever ran was around 27 mins... fuck running  sad

I tried getting on the rowing machine a few days ago... I'm probably too tall for it and I know my form is awful so I just ended up with sore muscles around the base of my neck for 3 days... anybody like rowing?

Probably I'll just end up figuring out that there is nothing better than simply doing elliptical machine and listening to IFM2  lol

211

Re: Health and Fitness

Its all mental. I notice that the closer I get to the end the scarier it feels.  Keep thinking my body can't take it but my bodys on point!  Running is a controlled panic.  Really challenging and fun

Re: Health and Fitness

cebteq wrote:

Running is a controlled panic.

Yeah funny. I remember someone saying that "walking (or running for that matter) is delayed falling".

Last edited by Scarface (2011-07-28 11:30:10)

"Are you loving?"

Re: Health and Fitness

It's definitely a good description though.  Maybe I'll get into again someday but for now I'm afraid of killing my knees and I want to do some kind of cardio that will build my man muscles  cool

Re: Health and Fitness

I'm trying to get below 20 minutes on 5 km running. So far I'm down to 21 but damn, it's much harder to improve times than improve distance at a set pace which I usually do.

I need love

Re: Health and Fitness

didn't run for a week or so. today 8.6 miles. before i know it i will have done a barefoot-marathon! (hopefully)  smile

216

Re: Health and Fitness

aerobics (aka body pump, cardio blast, circuit works, etc)

always the only dude in the class

Re: Health and Fitness

the problem with those is that there's no italo

Re: Health and Fitness

cebteq wrote:

aerobics (aka body pump, cardio blast, circuit works, etc)

always the only dude in the class

nice!  cool

Re: Health and Fitness

cloud9 wrote:

dn't run for a week or so.

Is that bad? I'm happy if I run once a week for an hour non-stop on my own tempo.

"Are you loving?"

Re: Health and Fitness

cloud9 wrote:
cebteq wrote:

aerobics (aka body pump, cardio blast, circuit works, etc)

always the only dude in the class

nice!  cool

nice indeed and obviously the only reason why a man would do aerobics, you see, you're not that outer circle after all.

Still going strong at the gym, it's getting better and better, especially the days between the trainings, I don't feel a lot of pain anymore which only gives me more motivation. Too bad I'm such a skinny person, I'll never look like JCVD  sad  Funny thing on the other hand is when I'm training on the time trial bikes with some of these big muscled douchebags I ALWAYS rip them in shreds  smile

And there is always a super handsome women training her splits. Utterly beautiful.

"A Real Music Hater"

221

Re: Health and Fitness

Actually its a pretty good workout esp if youre skinny, you can work on a more womanly physique  neutral

Re: Health and Fitness

cloud9 wrote:

didn't run for a week or so. today 8.6 miles. before i know it i will have done a barefoot-marathon! (hopefully)  smile

8.6 miles barefoot? That's impressive!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

Re: Health and Fitness

Scarface wrote:

I developped some fat on my chest which goes up and down when running....

You mean Moobs? smile

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

Re: Health and Fitness

Galliano wrote:
Scarface wrote:

I developped some fat on my chest which goes up and down when running....

You mean Moobs? smile

I'm a boobman so... wink

"Are you loving?"

Re: Health and Fitness

I know what you mean.
It's a bit frustrating to discover, after a long period of no running or other exercise, that you suddenly get blisters on the inside of your thighs or some other odd place.
I mean, it's enough having to deal with lack of stamina, being slow and getting soreness in your muscles...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.