Topic: Fantasy Football - English Premier League

Would anyone be interested in having a R4R fantasy football league for the coming season? I don't know much about football, but competitions are fun!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

If a few people are interested I will start a league.

Re: Fantasy Football - English Premier League

Aye Im up for Robot  Football

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

i'm game.

cuties don't exert

OK! Great, I created a sub-league called "Robots 4 Robots". The league code is: 812782-191211

After you sign up, just join the league with the above code.

I'm in!  Hope I'll remember to update weekly

Great idea, I'm in!

Niek, you dark horse, you came 398th a couple years back! Not bad from 1 million players!

just registering now... gf wants to design the strip - apologies if it's a bit fruity

cuties don't exert

Not at all, I was going to choose Pink for mine, but one of my friends already leaned heavily on that colour.

Pink is the most revolutionary colour in my opinion.

10 (edited by ytz 2010-08-06 14:06:00)

Midnight Spiders first XI

Schwarzer < plz join Arsenal now
Richards < plz play
Dawson
Bramble < optimism part 1
Dunne
Fabregas
Young
Modric
Bale < bargain
Beckford < optimism part 2
Tevez < captain

subs
Foster
Zamora
Skrtel
Lucas < yet more optimism

cuties don't exert

mushaden wrote:

I'm in!  Hope I'll remember to update weekly

I think it does the updating for you with the auto subs...

cuties don't exert

robototitico wrote:

Not at all, I was going to choose Pink for mine, but one of my friends already leaned heavily on that colour.

Pink is the most revolutionary colour in my opinion.

you like the new everton away kit, then? http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stor … evertonppc

cuties don't exert

13 (edited by robototitico 2010-08-06 14:44:24)

No, it's too much of a neon Pink.

It does do the auto-subs for you. But you need to monitor every week, and make substitutions and transfers, because its likely that some players will get injured, or fall out of favour, or not play as well as last year/ as you hoped.

apparently i failed at registration already... still ill beat you pussies anyway!

i hear you

You're all going down!

My squad:

Cech
Zhirkov
Vermaelen
Carvalho
Rafael da Silva
De Jong
Etuhu
Tuncay
Modric
Arshavin
Tevez (Captain)

Subs:
Chamakh
N'gog
Heitinga
Tim Howard

dunno how many points these guys will net me, but it's still a badass team if you ask me

1: Reina
2: Evra
3: Dunne
4: Carragher
5: Hughes
6. Bowyer
7. Bale
8. Lampard
9. Barry Ferguson
10. Rodallega
11. Rooney
12. Robinson
13.  Carr
14. Delap
15. Kevin Doyle.

oh, man that's a canny line-up]

rodallega, doyle, ferguson, bowyer, carragher... bound to get points

cuties don't exert

4 Irish players! what was I thinking.

I haven't followed football properly in several years, so I picked players based on the stats available on the site. I wanted to pick people who would play the most games, and who had good overall points tallies from last year.

Did you guys hear that Danny Welbeck might be going to Sunderland? He is really cheap, I was thinking of taking a chance on him, because Ive heard that hes got big potential, and if hes playing regularly he could increase alot in value.

I must ask again, which one of you guys is the White Lions? Whoever you are,  It is pretty amazing to come 398th two years ago!

robototitico wrote:

I must ask again, which one of you guys is the White Lions? Whoever you are,  It is pretty amazing to come 398th two years ago!

That's me, that was a pretty good year indeed! I remember I took a chance on Santa Cruz a.o. that year and earned shitloads of points having bought him for only around 7 before the season.

I'll post my team too, even though i put it together a bit quickly since I didn't follow transfer news at all

Gomes
Dunne
Craddock
Insua
Lampard
Dempsey
Pienaar
Bowyer
Tevez
Bent
Crouch

subs
Robinson
Meite
Smith
Campbell

robototitico wrote:

Did you guys hear that Danny Welbeck might be going to Sunderland? He is really cheap, I was thinking of taking a chance on him, because Ive heard that hes got big potential, and if hes playing regularly he could increase alot in value.

Blackpool and Newcastle are also interested. You'd think he'd get more minutes there - Sunderland already have Jones and Bent.

Signing of the season might not have happened yet - Mesut Ozil keen on moving to PL (Chelsea or United). Apparently his representatives met with Barcelona and Real but both teams see him as a "prospect"

cuties don't exert

Just swapped Dunne for Carvalho and Bridge for Zhirkov.

I hope Villa are not going to go to pot this season with O'Neil gone, I was thinking of swapping Dunne.

Also do you guys think its better to have say 15 players at 6.5, or 2 or 3 expensive players amongs cheaper ones?

Yeah, I might swap Dunne but I'ma take it on a week-by-week basis. Grapevine rumour is that Villa players are fairly happy he's gone - he was a ballbuster. Depends who takes the job next.

I haven't worked out the numbers, but I made compromises to my squad to get Fabregas and Tevez in there. Feels like tempting fate, though...

cuties don't exert

started designing the kit...

hoping to have the squad ready by tonight.

tempted to join.. it's a damn good excuse to order digital tv (premier league matches on Prime smile)
hope I'll find some time this weekend..