Re: Fantasy Football - English Premier League

I really want to make a lot of transfers but I only made one (Givet for Bridge... I'm very particular about having all of the defensive positions covered, not just a bunch of ctr backs  tongue).  I think it would just hurt me more if I made transfers and took on the point deductions, cause I barely know anything about EPL anyways.  I hope this week will be better for me... I've got Tevez, Ngog and Chamakh in so I better see some goals!

Why the hell did I put Walcott out of the team this week? sad
At least Chamakh and Vermaelen gave me good points...
Chelsea.. again 6 goals WTF? defenses of the PL: do sth about it!

53 (edited by mushaden 2010-08-22 02:37:36)

Yeah Walcott had a great day!  I'm a Chelsea hater... I hope they can be stopped.  I'm not going to pick up any more Chelsea players.

I should have changed my captain from Tevez to some Arsenal player this week, shit!  I'm still getting used to the rules and point system

Also, it seems like defensive midfielders aren't very good in fantasy... I probably have one too many on my squad.

still waiting for my strikers to catch fire

gareth bale has given me 95% of my points so far this week

cuties don't exert

WTF happened today?????  Newcastle thrash Villa???

yeah.... uh, dunne...

cuties don't exert

not a good weekend.. wasn't able to watch one single match, read the paper or even watch final score. just saw my ranking this morning  hmm

58 (edited by mushaden 2010-08-23 23:00:14)

Wow Liverpool were horrible... I knew they weren't going to be contenders, but I didn't realize what a weak squad they have! 

I hope Tevez doesn't lose his first goal  lol

Also, why the hell do City need David Silva?  Or just about any of the others they bought for so much who didn't play...

mushaden wrote:

why the hell do City need David Silva?  Or just about any of the others they bought for so much who didn't play...

I think he'll be like Modric at Spurs - ass in his first season, but when he's bulked up he'll be a demon in the second. right now he's featherlight

cuties don't exert

60 (edited by ytz 2010-08-23 23:26:16)

league table as of now

1    The Midnight Spiders 107   
2    mushaden    100
3    11 Lone Swordsmen 97
4    White Lions 87
5    Atletic de Tahoe    84
6    AK 47th Heaven 84   
7    Belgian Bots 61
8    The Blade Runners 45

edit: i guess me and mush are the only two with tevez as captain?

cuties don't exert

I'll catch up, don't worry...  smile
ps: glad to see our Belgian striker Dembele already got some game minutes against Manu.
he's not a big 'finisher', but combines great technical skills with strong physical qualities..

I had a terrible week, but have made several transfers so hopefully next week will be good.

I'm going to wait until next week to decide if I'm gonna get rid of N'gog... hopefully it's the right move

only just saw that gomes and schwarzer were/are injured..  roll

my two changes this weekend:

Gomes replaced by Stockdale
De Jong replaced by Barton

I used my Wildcard after a pretty mediocre week.  No more Ngog and no more Rafael da Silva, among other changes.  Now my team actually looks competitive.

poor week for my team... didn't make the effort to check injuries, game schedule, etc..
made some impulsive transfers during lunch break  smile  (cost me 12 points); hope I can 'play' some weeks with this squad

1: Mignolet
2: Vermaelen (C)
3: Toure
4: Evra
5: Van Damme
6: Nani
7: Essien
8: Lennon
9: Yaya Toure
10: Chamakh
11: Anelka

12: Gomes (injured)
13: Mensah
14: Murphy
15: Dembele

btw: how do you guys change from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 or even 3-4-3??
would like to add Dembele and delete a midfielder or a defender

67 (edited by mushaden 2010-08-30 17:53:16)

just do it smile  it should work as long as you've got a minimum of three defenders.  pull out the player you want, put in the player you want; if it's a different position your formation will change

edit: this is at the my team screen

well it looks like they aren't showing EPL matches on ESPN anymore thanks to college football.  How lame...

69 (edited by ytz 2010-09-04 11:44:30)

if dembele is who i think he is, he looked good on the highlights of the fulham match last week

mush - no EPL (or Serie A, or La Liga, or SPL) this week because of the international qualifying matches for Euro 2012

cuties don't exert

Dembele was the one who gave the assists for Fulham last week..
yesterday he was very good with our national squad; unfortunately we lost 0-1 against a decent, well-oiled German squad hmm

I made about 5 transfers last week, but the points were never deducted from me. Will they be deducted later?

robototitico wrote:

I made about 5 transfers last week, but the points were never deducted from me. Will they be deducted later?

wild card?

Two of the guys on my bench are on the dream team as of now, SHIT! 

At least I picked Charlie Adam

Put Walcott in the squad only for him to get injured before the gameweek, shit! To top it off Malouda gets rested! Not my week at all...

dropped modric: modric scored

signed hart: hart ballsed up

cuties don't exert