Topic: Starcraft II

Lots of voices say Starcraft II is THE PC game of this year... after 12 years since Starcraft 1 they should have released a solid improved game. Robots here should be attracted to this game, no?
http://www.unigamesity.com/wp-content/uploads//2009/03/starcraft2.jpg

Strictly Rockaas

Re: Starcraft II

My pc can't take this...

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Neither does mine... sad

It runs sorta on my P4 300mhz 2GB Nvidia6600GT256mb

It's pretty nice but i think the learning process of this game is really difficult All the economy tactics, game speed, different units you have to build. I played it online and got raped by people who played the old version, after a couple of games you can play league versions so you play against opponents with the same skills.
Its a stressful game and personally i rather play a shooter.

I think you have 3000mhz PC, Maximal wink But hell yeah, it is rather compicated to master... but hey, for some things I am not inna hurry.
I stick to the single player for a year before trying a match online. But for piracy reasons this game has to be player connected otherwise even no single player. But there isn't much fuzz about that. But there is a lot of fuzz about the same with the Silent Hunter 5 game... different peeps I guess playing

Strictly Rockaas

looks a lot like red alert 2: command and conquer

cuties don't exert

Obi1r wrote:

I stick to the single player for a year before trying a match online. But for piracy reasons this game has to be player connected otherwise even no single player. But there isn't much fuzz about that. But there is a lot of fuzz about the same with the Silent Hunter 5 game... different peeps I guess playing

Not much fuzz, because it's mainly played on-line. You miss the point here, which is once activated game is attached to your account, which is being done these days for every new game and is meant not to stop piracy (everything is cracked sooner or later), but to stop(or rather limit) second hand market! You can still create new account for every game, but it's not optimal situation.
As for the game, got it from torrents, played campaign for a while, but not excited at all. It's just another rts game, not so fun anymore if you've played them since dune 2. Graphics are not so great too, including cut scenes, which look worse than for example in Mass Effect 2. I liked Warcraft 3 much more, probably because it was big step forward compared to Warcraft 2. SC2 seems like SC1 remake on WC3 engine. Still it's a solid game and if you want to master it, you'll spend years on Battle.net (something I don't feel like doing anymore).