Re: Should I buy...

I'm no big fan of Mackies, the gain is way too sensitive and they channel-bleed like crazy, at leas that's what all the ones I tried were like.

well, the 32 channel 8 bus is a little better than those small mackies. even though i use one live, i'm no fan of their eq's. but if its in decent condition, 800 eur for an 8-bus is not that bad of a deal.. i don't know how easy it is in serbia to get any kind of vintage mixer. those will sound better, but they can also come with problems of their own..

Kenzaburo wrote:

Hysteric, In my opinion no that's very expensive for that synth! I had the poly-800 which is almost the same as poly-61, they sound plasticky but that can be nice sometimes. But they're definitely not worth what that guy is asking

I dunno A poly 61 doesn't sound like an 800 I think, its got a more creamier solid sound not so organ-y and 'pixely' as the 800....61 is used in many classics (Jamie Principle, Al Naayfish, Alden Tyrell Love explosion etc.)...don't know how much 400 aud is but its not a bad synth, a bit underrated and for the price you can get them like 100 euros here its a steal (and also a good beginners synth i think cause its very simple)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnRkkbt2Do[/youtube]

a mackie 32-8 for 800 is okay i would say....its not SSL or NEVE eq, but what do you expect for that pricerange..

the older 32-8 mackies are good, the later stuff is more consumer stuff. But that older series of desks is fine imo.

On the other hand, a 2nd hand mixer wouldnt be my choice, it wears too much when not used properly, and often they have crackly pots, bend faders and all that kindof shit. Be sure to try it out IRL, and really test all knops/switches and outputs..Or take a gamble and just do it smile

Personally I thought about linking 2x 32-8 + 24 expanders to one massive channelcount mixer, quite a few times..But didnt do it for above mentiuoned reasons.

The older 32-8s are seen as a decent / steady / trustworthy console

I bought a Tascam M-2600 24ch with meterbridge for 550

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

that version of bad boy is the shit! thanks smackos..

thanks guys for the replies. the thing is, here it isn't so common to find vintage boards, and when i do find one, it is usually overpriced. i found Soundcraft Ghost for 2000eur and two A&H GS3300, one for 3000 and other for 2700eur. i know i could never afford a Neve or SSL, mostly because i have given up the money making possibility in music, although i'm very passionate about it. so i was thinking that Mackie one would give me the chance to have a decent mixer with usable pres and (i hope) somewhat usable eqs, which would solve my problem of having all the gear and no place to plug them in. and also do tracking and mixing.
i was really hot for Soundcraft Ghost, seemed ok and had MIDI muting, but my friend who's in England says that there's an increasing drop on big desks' prices, Ghost could easily be found there for less than 1000eur. but here in Serbia, they are still too expensive.
my main worry is the state of those big desks, how much would i need to invest in repairing it and maintaining it in the years to come, i guess that's probably the main reason big desks go for small(ish) prices nowadays.

i remember that there was a very useful thread on CBS forum on mixing consoles, but i guess that is gone now

in all true reality, you don't need to invest much. those real quality desks also have real quality components, and they are made to withstand the test of time.
pots and faders can usually be cleaned, all you need is a tube of vaseline, some deoxit, a soldering iron and time. it's the cheap mackies and behringers of this workd that can be thrown away when they reach that stage with their shitty faders and cheap pots..also on the better desks you can exchange channels if they need to be repaired, they are fully modular..

I know some of you people do use Ableton. Should I get an APC40 and hope that it finally makes using ableton a little more like using hardware? (although syncing to midi will probably still cause headaches, as usual)

Ensoniq TS-10 for $200? seems like a good deal...dont really know much about it though.

TS-10 looks great.  I got one for free but somethings up with one of the boards so it doesnt do anything other than occasional flicker of screen.  But some demos i found sound pretty posh.  price seems good as well.  its really heavy though

Just buy a sony desk if you want decent preamps and summing.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

mono-poly wrote:

Just buy a sony desk if you want decent preamps and summing.

never seen one

sony mxp series

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

a juno 60 w/ a jsq60 included?  it's $800, which seems crazy to me, but then again it looks to be around what they're going for lately anyways.  it's in a local shop i was going to trade some stuff into anyways - so i figured maybe i'd find some more stuff to get rid of to make it a little easier price-wise. 

it'd be a redundant purchase, my roomie has a juno 6, but I was playing w/it last night and man oh man, i dig that sound - and i've wanted one forever. 

the jsq isn't much of a bonus is it?  there's no way to sync it besides dcb, correct?

so, take the leap or save my cash?  i was thinking my next synth should be a new bed...

The jsq60 is quite unusable since it only has sync out. So dont let that bring the price of the Juno up.

Btw: nice posting time

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

yeah that's what i thought.  eh, I think I'm over my GAS now anyway.

Modmax pedals - Filter, Phasor or Ring Mod?

meschi wrote:

Modmax pedals - Filter, Phasor or Ring Mod?

totally forgot about those ones, they seem like a nice bunch of pedals

They got enuf knobs so thats a big plus. They are a bit pricey aint they 480 USD? well if they sound good smile

meschi wrote:

972 (edited by meschi 2009-11-03 17:22:19)

haha
local gumtree/craigslist sorta thing.

Ill email the guy and see what I can do.

973 (edited by Erroraudio 2009-11-03 17:26:27)

meschi wrote:
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

used, but nm

975 (edited by TONY COPS 2009-11-05 16:34:58)

Should I buy,

A Korg Lambda for 300$ (canadian)

A CZ-5000 for 200$

I used to have a CZ-1000 and I liked it, kinda, never played the Lambda, is it nice?

Pages Previous 1 37 38 39 40 41 87 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB