Re: Should I buy...

3apkob wrote:

yamaha  tx802 for 180 euro.

It seems a bit too much, doesn't it?
If someone has first hand experience with it, i'd appreciate a comment.

cheers

yeah i would say that's at least

Yeah but that is the TX802 which is the rackversion of the DX7IID which is different then the TX81Z, super ambient soundtrack machine with unlimited supply of sounds...

I would go for the keyboard version the DX7IID its easier to program

But maybe 150 euros is a better price

hmmm.... well the price isn't horrible but you could probably do better if you waited.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the 2nd revision DX7 sound- and I had a MkII DX7 for 3 or so years... never quite sounded right to me, no matter what I did - I'd prefer a TX7... or a TX816 with a few modules. or even a TX81z.

I think i payed 100 or 150e for my tx802.. and i never use it. The TX7 is the shit as far as im concerned.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

no-fi wrote:

hmmm.... well the price isn't horrible but you could probably do better if you waited.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the 2nd revision DX7 sound- and I had a MkII DX7 for 3 or so years... never quite sounded right to me, no matter what I did - I'd prefer a TX7... or a TX816 with a few modules. or even a TX81z.

...its all about the unison chorus on the II...so creamy and bombastic late 80s soundtrack feel, it vastly expands the capabilities of 6 operator FM http://www.moosleybay.com/schaduw/Sammy … denzee.mp3
and you can get like silk Solina-esque strings and VP330 and quite decent mellotron-esque emulations...
you ain't gonna get that with a normal DX7...

ah I love all DX's still want a DX5 one day those are "reachable"

thanks for all the info people, i decided to skip this one for the time being. i'll wait and see if this guy drops the price.

well, I have to admit, I never tried it for soundtrack stuff.... or strings or choir sounds.
:-)

I just found bass and leads never sounding 100% of what i expected from it

133 (edited by plikestechno 2008-10-29 04:37:57)

Someone locally is selling a Yamaha EX5R for best offer. What should I throw at this? If I already have a Waldorf Q is this worth it? It looks like a good deal if I can get it cheap enough but it also seems like it might be kinda boring and lame.

Yamaha Cs1x NM

:\ i wouldnt

Sherman Filterbank II, anyone?

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

What about the EX5R? I could probably get it for $200.

138 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-10-29 16:33:50)

yeah man  thats fucking cheap! Its like one of those modern super synths with rompler, v.a. (AN1X model) pyshical modelling stuff and sequencers etc.etc.etc. You can't go wrong with one of those things in your studio

I think it even has a sampler and shit like that build in

140 (edited by plikestechno 2008-10-29 17:02:15)

Yeah the more I read the more I like. I've shied away from workstations because they seem to try to do too much without being really good at anything . But I don't really have a workstation synth (motif, triton, trinity) of any kind so it will probably be very useful in my rig. I like that it's a rack too. I don't need more keys.

The guy emailed me last night and said he'd be cool with it. Just wondered whether we would do paypal or COD.

I emailed him back but haven't heard anything yet. Maybe I'll re-email him. I like the AN1X samples I've heard.

Workstations are cool, those things are just very usefull to make tracks and stuff

Bought. Payment by paypal sent. Look forward to working with it when it gets here. Looks like it'll be a lot of work but will pay off. And like I said. I don't have anything else like this.

siht guys, I finally found an additional voice board for my OB-Mx, but the seller (from japan) wants 1000$...
He can keep it, the whole box is valued that much these days... But I really hope to find at least one at a decent price...

sorry to bother with this, but I was so happy when I saw one for sale and so sad the very moment I saw the price tongue
A.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oberheim-OB-Mx-Two- … 286.c0.m14

@TONY
shall I give you now the remaining 600$? big_smile big_smile thanks man, I think I will dig that one big_smile

That's nice that you got it. When I saw that Tony put that up last night I thought "I hope Alex sees that by morning."

good luck, hope it doesn't go too high.

Good work tony!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

still 400$, but 2 days to go as well...

150 (edited by cloud9 2008-11-03 00:41:33)

arp omni $285 US?? it's the MK1 and it looks a little beat up but still supposedly works fine