2,001 (edited by Septicstudio 2012-01-14 14:26:32)

Re: Should I buy...

Revok wrote:

Well, I'm being offered a K1m for 55€ inc. shipping so I might as well check it out.

A D-550, perhaps, if I can pick it up real cheap with a working backlight. (The first "real" synth I ever played was a D-20, fond memories about those Seinfeld slap basses smile )

I had the K1m also before, bought it for 50euros orso I believe also.

Sounds okay. vectorstick is fun. But overall too crippled in features etc.
But okay if you have only a few synths this might be a nice cheap addon to build a larger arrangement in your tracks or so.

I think Future Sound of London used one also, but hell they used a whole lot of stuff. Most likely anything they can get their hands on.

Ow and D50/D550/VC1 is one of the best synths evah imo

A Roland D50 with pg1000 programmer.

I can't find a demo on ytube that show's the synth without the internal fx.
All sound very sweet and muchy.. or sth.

What's your opinion?

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

how about this d-50 demo. epic 90's demo scene feel smile ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BlGzu6A9p8[/youtube]

Yeah pretty cool, the dude too smile

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

i want to buy the esx1sd electribe...is there on market somethin' similar to esx1?same specs...should i wait for another upcoming sampler?

fantomas wrote:

i want to buy the esx1sd electribe...is there on market somethin' similar to esx1?same specs...should i wait for another upcoming sampler?

?

2,007 (edited by schmoltz 2012-01-24 12:03:59)

Access VIRUS A desktop? Never considered them or used one, they seem to be loved by trance guys and all those genres I don't really dig. That of course says nothing about what a machine may be able to do. Anybody has any experience with it, advice for or against it?

small size desktop multitumbral synth with hands-on controls for editing is just the thing I need, just not sure about the sound of it. and it's in another town, so going just to try it out better be worth it.  hmm

I never tried it but I would definitely test it out. There are many synths known for "loved by trance guys" but so far I have never felt that those are limited to that genre.

To my knowledge it's supposed to be a bit harsher sounding than the Nord Lead. But the interface is similarly good, so I would be curious enough to drive to that other town and test it wink

fantomas wrote:
fantomas wrote:

?

they're good. if you've done your research you'll know what they can do.  I think the alternative is mpc500 or sp404

Thanks ekranoplan...yeah i think an esx its the best pick

The ESX is great. It's much easier than an MPC to get going on.

My only issue is the lack of a quality editor for OSX. I would probably use mine a lot more if I could easily load new kits into it. These days I use a Jomox 999, which is much more expensive but works great with samples and has a really nice analog kick.

ZeHa wrote:

I never tried it but I would definitely test it out. There are many synths known for "loved by trance guys" but so far I have never felt that those are limited to that genre.

To my knowledge it's supposed to be a bit harsher sounding than the Nord Lead. But the interface is similarly good, so I would be curious enough to drive to that other town and test it wink

I have the virus C plugin for powercore and it can make some killer sounds. Certainly not a one trick pony, it has its own sound. and lends its self to digital stuff very well (electro ect). Very nice for huge pads too. If its cheap..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

a Korg DW6000 for 100€?

Revok wrote:

a Korg DW6000 for 100€?

I like mine, and it seems a fair price if in good condition....

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Some guy in my area is selling a Korg DW8000 for $100 usd, but claims that sometimes the sound lags behind the key press (.5 seconds) for certain keys. Want or do not want? I can't find any reference to this error online....

If you're lucky, this guy simply doesn't know what the attack parameter does.

I've noticed that issue with Korgs that have the common key contact problems. I think what is happening is that you have to press the key down really hard to get it to fire on some keys so it seems like it is lagging. They will probably die at some point after.

This is an easy fix if you have a few hours and are comfortable opening up the machine.

Should I buy a Korg SE-300 for 500$ with some issues.

Apparently the feedback doesn't "go all the way" to the point of self oscillation. Wondering if this will end up a nightmare to work with or if it's an easy fix. Anyone have experience with these?

2,019 (edited by plikestechno 2012-01-29 07:51:09)

Price wise I wouldn't pay $500 for either Korg Stage Echo unless it was in perfect functioning shape.

Something like $300 is a little more apropos.

2,020 (edited by Tom Dee 2012-01-29 13:34:44)

a Allen & Heath SR plus 16/4/2 desk (i think late eighties) for 100 euro's? Right now i have an old studiomaster (got it really cheap) but i'm not liking it (really hard faders, crackly pots,...). Anyone's got any experience with the A&H? Dude says it still functions great (have to check). Thanks!

plikestechno wrote:

Price wise I wouldn't pay $500 for either Korg Stage Echo unless it was in perfect functioning shape.

Something like $300 is a little more apropos.

That's what I was thinking. I planned to try and talk down the price if I thought I could spend some time to make it functional, but without knowing I don't think it's worth it.

I was wondering if anybody knows what mc 505 has as real competitor for the same price?

Volunar

bubble metropolis wrote:

Some guy in my area is selling a Korg DW8000 for $100 usd, but claims that sometimes the sound lags behind the key press (.5 seconds) for certain keys. Want or do not want? I can't find any reference to this error online....

would be nice tongue

Volunar

2,024 (edited by ZeHa 2012-02-02 13:39:02)

Volunar wrote:

I was wondering if anybody knows what mc 505 has as real competitor for the same price?

I'd suggest Electribe EMX-1 or maybe Yamaha RM1x or RS7000. Not sure about the prices though, but from what I've heard so far they offer better sound quality as compared to the MC505.

Edit: Also depends on how you plan to use it. If you already have some other gear, like drum machines or a sequencer or synth module, etc, then some aspects of that all-in-once machine might become less important, which would result in more possible machines that might fit you

I'm being offered Yamaha QY300 for 45€, so I was wondering if that's a good price, and is Yamaha QY300 worth buying at all.