Topic: experiences with a UREI 1601 E

anybody got any?

Re: experiences with a UREI 1601 E

got the 1601 S

can I supply you with relevant info (-effects)?

i just wonder about the sound and the hadling / quality

The whole thing is heavy as a brick and very chunky. It feels like you could throw it off a building and it will still work. All knobs and sliders feel solid enough. I especially like the hi/mid/low s which are pretty musical (almost like filters) and have a complete kill function.

I like the overall sound but I guess its kind of cold and digital (although I am not an expert in this).

Disadvantages are maybe that there is no on/off button. The hi/mid/low buttons are all black so in the dark you can't see their levels. Headroom is so so (gain buttons are very sensitive).

All in all I am very satisfied with this mixer. I have it for about two years and the sound is still crystal clear (no grackle in the faders). I think all faders are replaceable if that happens.

There is also a good review on the Skratchworkx (or however you spell it) website.

thanks a lot

i tested the S a while ago for a magazine here in holland and was very pleased with it. actually for a digital mixer, the sound is very good, it's built like a tank, and overall works very well..

thanks rude. htfr has a pretty good deal. the one without sampler is 200 quid so i might go for the simple one and put som money aside for an airfx or whatever.