Topic: Drumulator / MC-50 sync

just got a Drumulator and i was wondering if anyone had any good techniques for syncing it with their MC-50 sequencer.
any help would be appreciated wink

Re: Drumulator / MC-50 sync

neudphoto wrote:

just got a Drumulator and i was wondering if anyone had any good techniques for syncing it with their MC-50 sequencer.

The Drumulator is 24 ppqn, the same as din-sync, I think you can use a MIDI to dinsync adapter with a custom cable with the clock on 1/4" jacks, never seen anyone do this though.

TONY COPS wrote:
neudphoto wrote:

The Drumulator is 24 ppqn, the same as din-sync, I think you can use a MIDI to dinsync adapter with a custom cable with the clock on 1/4" jacks, never seen anyone do this though.

Hey Tony-
Thanks for the info. my Drumulator is one of the later models (7000s) and it actually has a 5-pin midi port installed. not sure if this is a retrofit or if it's original, but i tried the din-sync with Kenton box midi converter and it still doesn't seem to work. hmmm.....

I think the midi kits installed in later drumulator is for note info only, no sync, but I'm not 100% sure.

I've seen Din-sync mods before and I'm guessing is pretty simple because no clock translation is needed.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kerrybradley/id9.html

maYbe this helps  cool

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

6 (edited by INTERFUNK 2010-10-31 10:50:33)

you might have really a midi kit installed....

HOLD both buttons "EXTERNAL CLOCK + RUN/STOP" while powering up. when all lights go off you are in midi-mode. just try if you can trigger your instruments via midi....i think syncing via MIDICLOCK is not possible - that´s the way mine work.

do you have maybe a smal hole on the left side? check! it might be a smal switch inside which allowes you to select the midichannels. many drumulators has been modified "upgraded" with midi this way..

adi

Orgel!

7 (edited by neudphoto 2010-10-31 16:50:47)

Thanks a lot guys-
I'll try out all these suggestions/tips tonight after I piece my head back together again- Halloween parties were last night.  wink