Topic: Interview with Ferenc on Resident Advisor

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=951

He says CBS was always associated with Italo Disco. I'm a big fan of Italo Disco and CBS was one of the only places I could find it. But I'm into a lot of other stuff CBS broadcasted.
I never thought of CBS as being an Italo Disco radio station and I'm sure you robots never thought like that either.
I really don't understand why it happened.

Re: Interview with Ferenc on Resident Advisor

its a repost:  http://robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=767

But i understand the dilemma for the cbs like that for sure, there are many people who thought things too mixed when they were basically only seeking 80's sounds, and that makes you tune out just like you would change channel on a tv as soon as something starts you dont like.

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Don't get me wrong miravalles, but try and understand that the last time someone tried to analyse F's thoughts over here, it turned into a schism amongst us. F said what he felt, and let's just respect him for that...whether we agree with him or not.

He started and ended the CBS, and in my opinion his thoughts are final!

Woody Aki wrote:

Don't get me wrong miravalles, but try and understand that the last time someone tried to analyse F's thoughts over here, it turned into a schism amongst us. F said what he felt, and let's just respect him for that...whether we agree with him or not.

He started and ended the CBS, and in my opinion his thoughts are final!

Of course we need to respect him, but is this association with Italo something just he saw or was it something broader? Maybe the general thought about CBS was that it was an Italo Disco radio station. I don't think it's Ferenc's personal opinion. Maybe it's something he observed along the years outside the CBS community.

Well it was that the press saw it like that, like VPRO 3voor12 or something always said "Italo disco station CBS" or some shit like that...but 3voor12 are a bunch of idiots that don't know nothing anyways.

It's like Chinese Whispers, Danny. What was actually pronounced as a is translated as z by the end of the line...

i like this quote:
"It's not like we're not going to not continue."
nice and confusing..

☂ bezoek okiland !

Btw interesting interview

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

sounds like a nice enough guy

and good to read that I-f / Gary will do new things.....

interesting read. thanks for the (re)post.

I would definitely say that the CBS was not a failure. I mean, we would not even be having these discussions without it.  it became more than the sum of its parts, otherwise the robot community would not have lived on.

it will be interesting to see what Ferenc plans next. I wonder how he will avoid that it becomes "just" the CBS again. I mean, that would be fine with me, but it seems he wants more.

Pretty cool interview...also the idea of new I-F tracks gets me somewhat excited

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

I am so curious about "The new big thing" !!! And he also metioned something really intresting :

"I'm definitely not through with internet radio. I think there is a large future for it, especially with all of the mobile devices now.
"

CBS on mobile players !!! That would be awesome ! Let

http://www.myspace.com/electrojax

Looking for a place to stay, i like to dance and drift away...

THE NEW THING

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Roads bring people together....

cycling around a planet called 'Earth'

[quote=RETALI8